What's new

Bugman second go with the mars fce 4800 led

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
i was inpressed with my first grow, so lets see how i do this round.
Click image for larger version  Name:	100_7959.JPG Views:	1 Size:	178.5 KB ID:	17995634
https://www.mars-hydro.com/led-grow-lights/fc-e4800-commercial-led-grow-light

Last edited:

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
🍿
Looking good,
all the best
On how much % are you running the light right now?

CC

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
🍿
Looking good,
all the best
On how much % are you running the light right now?

CC

thanks all
about 65-70% im gona modifie the light brackets an extend them about 4-5 inches making the light a 34 x 40 to cover the foot print better

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Sounds like a great plan. Please share some pics from the build so others know what to expect when opening it to modify. I might go for a mod on my FC3000 too if I feel it needs more footprint. For now seems good, tho.
IMO, 60-70% is way too much for this stage, I'd rather keep it closer and more dimmed.

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
the cooler weather will be a challange , im use to my hid lights to help heat the room in winter , ive got a small eletric heater in there now + there is a gas heater in there just not thermostat controled.
i may hang a 400 hps vertical bare bulbed for a little more controled heat,
i also add 7 more new seedlings in there , if the first ones get too big ill top them to match the hight of the late commers

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
the cooler weather will be a challange , im use to my hid lights to help heat the room in winter , ive got a small eletric heater in there now + there is a gas heater in there just not thermostat controled.
i may hang a 400 hps vertical bare bulbed for a little more controled heat,
i also add 7 more new seedlings in there , if the first ones get too big ill top them to match the hight of the late commers

How about putting them to a grow tent? It will be easier to control the temp.

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
i have been pondering the thought of a tent, it just seams so close/tight in one but im sure it would be easer to keep the temp controled in one.
my last round i did 16 plants 15 were females, this round im doing reg seeds so im expecting close to 1/2 being males which will lower the # of plants i flower, shooting for 9-12 females

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
i have been pondering the thought of a tent, it just seams so close/tight in one but im sure it would be easer to keep the temp controled in one.
my last round i did 16 plants 15 were females, this round im doing reg seeds so im expecting close to 1/2 being males which will lower the # of plants i flower, shooting for 9-12 females

Sounds good. 9 females would be best for that light. ;)

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
i guess i should tell yaw what im growing in there , first 5 pic art pandemic dream#2 = tropicanna cookies #2 x pineapple meatball #5 pic has fat jagged leafs
100_7972.JPG
100_7973.JPG
100_7974.JPG
100_7975.JPG
100_7976.JPG