What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bug Zappers to fight bud worms/catterpillars

Anyone tried using bug zappers to kill the moths that lay the eggs that hatch into those fuckin bud worms that cause damage outdoors every year?

My friend uses them and says the zappers helped keep the worms out of his nugs.

Seems like a brilliant idea to me. Kill the moths before they can even lay the eggs.

I got my bug zapper a week ago, and it seems to be working wonderfully!

Lots of moths zapped, haven't found a single egg or worm on my nugs.

No issues at all.

I placed the zapper up high, and put a board between the zapper and the garden so no direct light from the zapper could shine on anything.

I researched before getting the zapper, and all I could find was someone saying the zapper affected only plants that were basically touching the zapper (as in , super close). My plants are at least 20 feet away with a barrier between them.

No eggs or worms found yet, LOTS of zapped moths found so far.

No, they for sure are laid by something at night. I think it's moths.

I go over my gardens in the morning and remove the eggs that are visible. This helps a lot, but I still get some.

BTI works against them as well.

NWNR

These devastated a part of my crop last year. Bug zapper seems like an ok solution. Any other ideas?

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
These devastated a part of my crop last year. Bug zapper seems like an ok solution. Any other ideas?

I ended up using one in my greenhouse a few years back and it ended up working very well

N

noyd666

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
proofs in the pudding, this is one of three I use, mainly in outside workshop area but inside I use a timer.

St. Phatty

If you have a friend who is having a tough time (like Cancer)

play dumb and pretend you don't know how it works and touch the zapper & get zapped.

It will make your friend laugh & forget about their Cancer for about a minute.

Totally worth it. Not THAT painful.

Latest posts

Latest posts