What's new

Bueno Grows w/ DIY COB LEDs

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
A couple pics from day 64 12/12 on the ladies, ripening nicely since the last update in this thread. Looking like 4 of them probably will come down at 70 days and the tallest #3 and purple leaved one #2 will probably need a few more days.

CC1

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

CC2

picture.php

picture.php

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
CC4

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

CC5 (My other favorite as of now, as whiteberries named her the freezer pheno lol. Has the strongest and best smell and highest frost level of the 6 in my opinion, just edging out #3 in the scent category.)

picture.php

picture.php

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Some pics of the OX buds that were crowded and shaded out off to the side this run. Took them at 60 days 12/12 from clones this time, went 70 12/12 days last run flowering the plants started from seeds. Did a lazy trim since there wasnt much I left a good amount of the frostiest leaves on to smoke.

picture.php

picture.php

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Chem Cookies #1, #4, #5, #6 are getting harvested tomorrow night at 70 days 12/12. Couple more days to a week max for #2 and #3.

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was wrong on my wiring idea for the 35x Vero 10s and now that I thought that through and figured that out, rather than wiring the COBs across different heatsink bars I changed the plan from 5x 32" bars with 7x Vero 10s per bar to 7x 20" bars with 5x Vero 10s per bar. Still one 50mm fan per bar in the center with covered fins forcing air down the length of the sink. The overall length of 2.08" profile is reduced 20" and max watt/inch went up to ~1.37 from ~1.19 (probably wont even run it quite maxed out but maybe). There would be 7 fans vs 5 though in the newest revision, each cooling a 20" long bar vs 32" long so that may well increase the cooling effect of the fans enough to make up for the loss of heatsink length overall.

Im expecting an increase of about 10C above ambient in tent temperature with the active cooling. Kind of hard to tell though until you build it and actually put it into action in the grow space.

Heres an idea of the proposed plan for anyone interested. ~27.4w per 20" length of 2.08" profile with 1 50mm fan per bar.

picture.php

BOTTOM

picture.php

Unclecrash

Looks like another fun project. About a 175watt unit. Wish the black cloud would stop following me around, truck just broke at the worst time no money to fix it in the middle of the winter. It's just one thing after another!!

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
That sucks Uncle, it should be close to 190-200w max on a dimmable driver but probably will run it around 160w if I add my red & blue LEDs to the mix. Should be about the same dissipation wattage as my current setup but spread the light out better among a bunch of small COBs.

Unclecrash

Have you got a figure on about what it's going to cost to build it just curious? Ya damn truck is ready for the scrap heap. Frame is starting to crack right where it sweeps up about where the coil spring is,glad I caught it and put a weld on it. Got to be careful it is a cancer scab the whole thing.:biggrin: Im being serious!! Can only repair something till the metal fetigue's. To give you an isea a few years ago I had to replace both rear leaf springs and the perches or pockets that carry the shackles were rotted so bad I was lucky I caught it in time because the spring broke and I was under inspecting it, I only had 3 hard points the rear one side pocket was rotted in half and the other was half shot. So the whole rear end was flexing all over the place.. LOL I can image I was the guy who's car was dog tracking very bad.:biggrin:

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Have you got a figure on about what it's going to cost to build it just curious? Ya damn truck is ready for the scrap heap. Frame is starting to crack right where it sweeps up about where the coil spring is,glad I caught it and put a weld on it. Got to be careful it is a cancer scab the whole thing.:biggrin: Im being serious!! Can only repair something till the metal fetigue's. To give you an isea a few years ago I had to replace both rear leaf springs and the perches or pockets that carry the shackles were rotted so bad I was lucky I caught it in time because the spring broke and I was under inspecting it, I only had 3 hard points the rear one side pocket was rotted in half and the other was half shot. So the whole rear end was flexing all over the place.. LOL I can image I was the guy who's car was dog tracking very bad.:biggrin:

I ordered pretty much everything for the build except the Vero 10s today but if I add the cost of those in then Im at about $367 so far and still need to get some wire, 4 eye hooks, probably a couple other misc small things so it should be about $400 USD for the Vero build as pictured in the latest sketchup model.

I also want to figure out how to best work my reds & blues into the equation too, might take the LED stars off the heatsinks they are on that are 24" long and cut 4" off so they fit into the fixture dimensions or possibly mount them as is along the front and back sides angled inward towards the center of the canopy but that wouldnt be as clean of a setup so Im not sure on that yet.

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
So I was fucking around with the camera and watching some nice youtube videos on the more advanced camera modes on my digital camera and I took some pretty good pictures of #2 and #3 tonight with the red/blue led bars off and white balance adjusted under the 3000K COBs in Av mode. Huge difference in picture quality and lets the true colors show. Sucks that ICMAG makes the images so small when you upload you lose a lot of the real nice detail, thats why I try to take crop some bud closeups from my original pictures in full size. Trying to go as big as possible without hitting the point where the server resizes the images on here is a bit of a pain.

Day 73 12/12 on these last two testers and I think they are probably ready to be harvested.

Chem Cookie #2

picture.php

Chem Cookie #3

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Chem Cookie #2 & #3

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts