What's new

buds wet in center after 6 month cure

singlecoiled

Hi all, I have a Northern Lights harvest that seems a bit off. The buds are very large and dry on the outside, but when grinding, the center of the bud turns into a wet ball in the grinder. Sadly, I think i may need to toss it to stay safe...

The buds smell ok, and I cant see mold through a loupe, but the center of the buds are moist with a musty earthy odor. (normal with Northern Lights, but I'm not sure if the earthy smell/taste is genetics or too much moisture...)

Is it normal to have a little moisture or stickyness when grinding larger buds?

Steps to dry (hung colas weighing in around 1 ounce wet, 8 of them total) Dried for 1.5 ounces with all stems removed..

Quick wet trim to remove fan leaves and some sugar leafs..
Hung for around 9 days at 55 RH, stems snapped but not cleanly when I decided to put them in glass.
Dry trim and bud removal from main stems
Into glass mason jars with hydrometer at around 60 RH in the jar. (burped daily for around 2 weeks)
Occasional burping after two weeks and added a 58 RH Humidity pack to all of the mason jars.

_DSC5161.JPG

luposolitario

Hi all, I have a Northern Lights harvest that seems a bit off. The buds are very large and dry on the outside, but when grinding, the center of the bud turns into a wet ball in the grinder. Sadly, I think i may need to toss it to stay safe...

The buds smell ok, and I cant see mold through a loupe, but the center of the buds are moist with a musty earthy odor. (normal with Northern Lights, but I'm not sure if the earthy smell/taste is genetics or too much moisture...)

Is it normal to have a little moisture or stickyness when grinding larger buds?

Steps to dry (hung colas weighing in around 1 ounce wet, 8 of them total) Dried for 1.5 ounces with all stems removed..

Quick wet trim to remove fan leaves and some sugar leafs..
Hung for around 9 days at 55 RH, stems snapped but not cleanly when I decided to put them in glass.
Dry trim and bud removal from main stems
Into glass mason jars with hydrometer at around 60 RH in the jar. (burped daily for around 2 weeks)
Occasional burping after two weeks and added a 58 RH Humidity pack to all of the mason jars.

View attachment 18917285
mold at part look indica beuti ,

Latest posts

Latest posts