buds sizzling when smoked?

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Please don't let me be misunderstood...

Please don't let me be misunderstood...

[YOUTUBEIF]d2FT4FprxDg[/YOUTUBEIF]

I think there is some discrepancy in the way people define flushing...

some think of it as using water to rinse the medium of excess nutrients and salts that could cause lockout, does this help... I believe when using bottled ferts and chelated nutes, yes but should be done at regular intervals not so much just at the end.

others may think of it as using water for the final 7-10 days to actually help to remove excess nutes from the plant tissues itself, which is what I think CC was referring to,... and is a preposterous idea as some people give strictly water throughout the whole life cycle. Plus the nutrients aren't just sitting there in the xylem waiting to be circulated and pushed out of the plant... so giving pure water isn't able to then remove anything from the plant tissues. for instance... I have read an "emergency flush" technique, for those who didn't do the 7-10 day flush prior to harvest, that says to cut the flowers and put them in some water like one would do for roses to get excess nutes out of the plant that would contribute to poor taste... that is laughable to me

the third Idea (and most plausible) I see presented is that giving strictly water towards the end leaches available nutrients from the soil, thereby "starving" the plant causing it to use the nutrients stored in its foliage resulting in a "faded" plant... which it does for sure...

The only thing with that is I am not 100% sure that doing that is always necessary...
1) because I have had plants that produced better buds with greasier trichs and smoother better tasting smoke when taken, fully green, prior to the "fade" as apposed to after

2) because one can just try and cut off feeding a given amount of time prior to harvest (or figure out the right soil mixture) if it is ideal to have their plants fade at the end.

^^ I just don't know for sure if a plant that has gone deficient is superior to a plant that is healthy and green at harvest... of course I still wouldn't feed with anything more than some molasses or something only 2-3 weeks or so away from harvest.

these are just my thoughts...

Peace,
Infi

Last edited:

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good grief, turning yellow/fading , turning colors after flower is natural whether getting nutrients or not (with the exception of extreme measures). It is biology/botony -annuals

Only a few races do not do this.

Latest posts

Latest posts