What's new

buds gettin harsher in the jar?

G

hey all, have a few phenos that are 2 months jarred up and toked some today. really harsh, burnt nut taste, smells awesome tastes horrible. the head its great as well?

CBF

KGB47

"It's just a flesh wound"
Veteran
Was there any mold on the buds? A small amount might change the taste. Did you use a long flush, 7-10 days? A shorter flush might result in a harsher taste. Good Luck. :smile:

G

CBF said:
hey all, have a few phenos that are 2 months jarred up and toked some today. really harsh, burnt nut taste, smells awesome tastes horrible. the head its great as well?

CBF

Wow... You sure somebody didn't replace your stash with some left over vaporizor mulch? Your description sounds just like the herb left over after vaporizing.

After two months your buds SHOULD have been nicely cured. I think you may have perhaps had some mold issues... :confused:

Last edited:
G

A really good way too cure is to place a brown paper bag inside of a turkey bag and seal both for long term. These bags can next be placed in a larger rubbermaid container. I used to do the jar thing, but no matter what ya do open here and there the buds do oxidize and turn brownish. I saw a friends last falls outdoor LA Kong done in this manner, and I would have sworn it was a couple month old well cured indoor. Great way fer your personal. I shouldn't have let the cat outta the bag as this should allow for some very nice outdoor cured entrants in next years cup. LOL.

ES

headees

I thought it was good to "burp" the jar or container every few days for the first week or two. Also I would be afraid they would mold. I guess they would have to be bone dry, but you dont want your herb to be too dry.

Hitman

Was it snapping when you put it in. After snappage I put in brown bags to transition to jar just a couple of days then it is jar ready. 2 months I have experienced with skunk and the same smell it was growing with it had in the jar, just incredible. 1st time it had happened to me so keep your chin up. Happygrowsbros

G

Sorry to hear about that CBF I just had the same thing happen to my mazar. I think I put them in jars to soon and after curing for a couple of weeks they got a musty smell to them. I left the jars open for a day , but the bad taste hasn't gone away. I am going to make sure that the rest of my buds are completely dry before I jar them . I am going to try the bag drying twist suggested by Telepod .

Latest posts

Latest posts