What's new

Budlets on leaves

razor ridge

Now that I have never seen. In the middle of the stem.. Its is a trait from Asia/China genetics I've heard, and there is a scientific name for this trait, I just can't remember it...imagine that...shitty short term memory, lol....something with ploid or tetraployd, something along those lines...I was telling a friend about growing some that did this and couldn't remember the name that's what started this thread...someone here has to know what it is.....

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
Vigorus :D

Soma says that it's a trait from the 'Chinensis' subspecies of cannabis (originating from China), but the plants that I've seen do it were all over, from an f2 of that PB x G13 that was a GREASY indica, to the unknown plants I have now, which look to want ~9/10 weeks after first flowers (sativa dom hybrids). The plants in my first post are unknown, but MIGHT be:
Kalichakra
MeT
T.hz x Sk
Or plants from a MrN dreamtime pack

The 2 plants I have with that trait now are virtually identical in growth, with 1 plant looking SLIGHTLY taller and more sativa dom. I have a rooted cut of one of them, so I'll be interested to see if they also grow the fan buds.

M

Mountain

Soma says that it's a trait from the 'Chinensis' subspecies of cannabis (originating from China)
I've heard the China thing also but do not believe that is true cause had that happen on a strain and for sure no Chinese genetics in that one. Only had it happen once out of like 500 clones of the same strain I ran over the course of time.

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
Yeah, I think that it's just a mutation that happens sort of often on happy plants. I was just regurgitating the only thing that I've heard about the 'source'.

EDIT - I finished a MrN Devil last month that had buds bursting from the nodes, and not building stems, just emerging from the stalk/node branch/leaf stem. Maybe I'm just lucky with the #'s, but I've seen buds grow wacky places on a bunch of plants. I grow in soil organically, but do use a bunch od kelp, maybe that adds to the 'mutation ability', as kelp has lotsa hormones.

PS, wanna see a plant EXPLODE (not one you are going to smoke, I hope)? Feed a male or a house plant a crushed birth contol pill 1x per week :wink: JUNGLE PLANT :D

De La Luz

I have seen this before also on a Feminized DP "Green Spirit" (SK1 X Bigbud)

29433DSCN0044.jpg

Only saw this on one out of 7 female seeds that I checked out.

G

you could also cut a popcorn bud off and make it stick and look like a real freek show.

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
Bow-Chikka-WowWow...

I used the Lanina that has 4 times the flower clusters of any of his bro's (the obvious heavy lookin male in the middle, lol)
S7304552.JPG

S7304555.JPG

I was gonna dust both, but the leaf bud on the plant on the right has like 3 pistils, and I found decent leaf buds on the left plant, so I just dusted her.
S7304553.JPG

Sorry, workin with a macro and a 60w incandescent ~8' away, lol.
S7304557.JPG

I'll get more pix as they cook. :D

Latest posts

Latest posts