What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Budhownd's Amazon Grow

budhownd

I did it!

I did it!

Well, I guess that's it. My first grow. :D

I'd like to thank everyone who helped me out.

Indigo- Thank you, lovely lady, for all of your guidance and patience. You've helped a dreamer become a grower. :canabis:

Mrs. & Mr. Grat3fulh3ad- Thank you both for the great fan/ice bucket/air conditioner idea (I'm still trying to figure out how to construct it) and for the lesson in identifying preflowers.

little samsonite, Alex-F, dubmantx, and Rodriguez- Thank's for the comments, tips, and encouragement.

I'll be back in a week or so to post a smoke report for both the little amazon and Long Tall Sally, on this thread and to post a pic or two of the final dry harvest.
I'm off to kick off my B-Day weekend. Unfortunately, I gotta kick it off at work. :badday:
But, once I get off work... :woohoo: :D :joint:

Be safe, take care, and smoke until you fall off the couch.

peace Ya'll :wave:

Bud Tha Hownd

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
budhownd

Happy Birthday :joint: :lurk: :canabis: ! And congrats on your first grow - you did great, I'm sure you're going to have a lot of fun smoking up your harvest :yes: :yes:

Cheers -MGJ

G

Hey MGJ, how nice of you to have stopped by here :smile: I do hope you're feeling better now!

Bud, now the very first thing I have to say to you is....

:jump:Happy Birthday Girl!:jump:

Hope you have a great time, a wonderful birthday, and that you be happy in your years to come! :dance:

The second thing I have to say is WOO_HOOOOO Long Tall Sally's met her maker! :woohoo: :woohoo: :bat: :woohoo: LMAO! It's about friggin' time! She's got a discreet amount of trichs on her, for bagseed, and though she might not be the most potent weed around, she looks like she'll do you right for sure!

Bud, you did a fine job with those plants, and I'm damn proud....IMO one more run-through together, and then your third grow you'll be able to fly more or less solo, in that you'll have learned the basics and things will be much easier for you to deal with on your own. A troublesome grow such as this first one (and most people have all sorts of problems their first grow) makes for excellent results a bit further down the line. You'll have enough knowledge to deal with just about anything that pops up, once you get a feel for your plants, your setup, and your methods.

Whenever you do start another thread, if its separate from here, keep this one bookmarked for reference, I'm gonna be chargin' royalites if I need to be repeatin' everything I wrote here all over again LOL :biglaugh:

Hey Bud.............:yes: :wink: You done me proud!

Next up we'll have some fun with the boutique genetics :pimp3:

Enjoy your birthday, and I'll be checking in for the smoke report and final harvest pics :D

:wave:

budhownd

Thanks Gang

Thanks Gang

Hi everyone, :wave:

Thanks Indi and Mr. GreenJeans (and Ms. Grat3ful) for the birthday well wishes and the compliments on my grow. If I'm growing in the years to come, then I'll be happy in the years to come. :D

LOL@ Sally meeting her maker.

She could have gone longer than she did. I'd stake money on it. I just didn't wanna risk going past her prime this first go round.
Her high is right where I want it to be and she's the most potent plant I've smoked. So, you are correct, Indi. She's gonna do me right for sure (lmao@ the inside joke), especially after a good two month cure. Damn, I hope I can wait that long. :canabis:

I'm gonna bookmark and print this thread. I don't have the funds to pay royalties and I KNOW I'm gonna have a question about something you've already gone over here. :redface:

I'm off to crack open my Family Guy box set. It's the best store bought birthday gift ever and, I only had to throw the hint out to my mom three times! :D :joint: :jump:

Ya'll take it slow an I'll catch ya on tha flipside.

Last edited:
G

Sorry guys, on this side of the pond that doesn't exist....I plead innocent :D

Indigo said:
Sorry guys, on this side of the pond that doesn't exist....I plead innocent :D
no my dear, you're not innocent!:biglaugh:
that DOES exist on our side!
a lot of people like them more than the Simpsons here too, I love them!
Stewie is my favourite of course lol

nice pics Bud Tha Hownd, congrats:yes:

greetings

Last edited:
G

Bud, Merry Christmas to ya! :smile:

....you get sucked into your stash cupboard and haven't found your way out yet? :D

We got another grow to git goin' with the New Year!....:joint:

budhownd

Hey Indi!! Merry Christmas to you! :wave:

I have been kinda incognito haven't I? LoL.

:joint: is right. I've been under Sally's spell. What's left of her, will be ready to go into the jars tomorrow. :jump:

I haven't germed the good beans yet and don't plan on doing so until probably the first week of January. With all the hustle and bustle of Christmas. I haven't been able to get the things done that I wanted to have done by now.
BUT, I'm on vacation all week so, I have a week to set up the closet, find some good soil, look for a few more pots and get things in order.

I've been monitoring the temps in the closet with the light on and they are holding at 66-68 degrees with 40-50% humidity.

I'm supposed to be posting Sally's last pics, I think, and doing smoke reports, but I've been too buzzed to sit my ass down and do it. :D

lmao, I've seen that in other threads. :biglaugh:
I'll put that on my list of to dos for next week. :rolleyes:

Ya'll have a safe and buzzy rest of the holiday evening. I had too much of mom's great cooking and am falling asleep while typing this post. That :joint: on the way home didn't help either. :D

Take care.

Bye Indi, we'll be growin before ya know it. :wink: :wave:

Oh! Thanks guys for explaining what Family Guy is!! Seth MacFarlane is a genius!! Adult Swim is the best block of television programming EVER!!
Damn, I need a Master Shake avatar. :woohoo:

budhownd

PablowPicasso said:
that DOES exist on our side!
a lot of people like them more than the Simpsons here too, I love them!
Stewie is my favourite of course lol

nice pics Bud Tha Hownd, congrats:yes:

greetings

Hi Pablow. :wave:

Thanks for the compliment on the pics. :D

The Family Guy is more popular than The Simpsons, IMO, too. I still like the Simpsons, but I LOVE Family Guy.

Stewie is a great character, but I think Brian is priceless. And the two of them together are hilarious. :biglaugh:

Last edited:

budhownd

Smoke report!!

Smoke report!!

Hay Indi! :wave:

Hay rest of tha gang! :wave:

See, I told ya'll I'd get the smoke reports done this week. :)

Well, here we are with smoke report #1.

Shall we begin? OK, c'mon.

The greenery will be rolled in King size Pure Hemp papers.

The plant featured in this smoke report is the same smaller plant in this grow thread. Not Sally.

This last bud is the very tip of the main cola (sorry no pic) :redface: It has trichs all over as well as trich covered leaves ( I don't trim leaves that have trichs on them, cuz I'm just greedy like that). When I give it a squeeze, the bud is hard, not rock hard dense but not airy.

I didn't smell much when I put my nose to the bud, but once I cut it up I smelled sharp citrus, initially. A subtle funky aroma is in the background. Not a pungent funky, just a really soft funk. I apologize if the aroma part of both smoke reports are not very detailed, but sinus problems sometimes keep me from smelling things clearly.

A dry pull gives me basically the same as smelling it. A citrus taste with an unknown, subtle funk.

SMOKE :joint:

Now, when I smoke I take a toke then hold it for 5 secs. (1-one thousand. 2-one thousand. 3- and so on until I hit 5-one thousand, then exhale)

First pull is smooth. I don't taste anything fruity it's just smoke passin over the tounge and into the lungs.
I had a little cough, with this first pull. The other three pulls are smooth and cough free.
After four pulls, I can feel my cheeks are flushed and I become aware of the fact that I'm buzzed.

(mad dash to the computer)

Now, that I'm buzzing I can write the report part. :D
I didn't wanna get smashed and try to write this, I'd be here all day, and still not have it finished.

REPORT:listen2:

I've read in other smoke reports about how a high can creep up on you and then hit you in waves. Like, the first toke hits you when you're taking the fourth or fifth.
That's what this feels like. I'm getting higher, but I'm no longer smoking. None of the schwag I've smoked in my life has done this. Never. Is this considered a creeper?

Now, this weed has been sitting in a jar for about a month and 24 days. This is the very last bud from the smaller plant. I just realized, that she's had a nearly two month cure. She's smoking smooth as hell and has me in a droopy-eyed, grinnng, stupour with only four pulls.

I'm sitting here laughing at the rain on the news. Damn, I'm high. I understand now the role that curing plays, especially as far as adding to the potency of the plant.

The come down from those four pulls is, nice.

Not a crash, but a gentle settling of my mind back into orderly thought patterns with a soft voice in my bwains telling me that another toke session might be in order sometime soon, but not right now, not until the effects of the first wave are completely gone.

I'm no longer soaring, but kinda wafting. Relaxed. Calm, but not out of it.
I'm not bogged down and ready for a nap. I'm just kinda ready for whatever else the day is gonna bring.
I'm a lil surprised by that, since this was my indica girl. So, I spose it's good for toking anytime of the day and not just before bedtime, which is what I intended her to be. Too bad this is the last of her. LOL.

I have a very slight case of the hungries. Not really the munchies, cuz I'm not driven to go get something to eat. This is pretty good, considering I got out of bed and went straight into doing this smoke report. No breakfast. No coffee. No nothing and I'm still not beating a path to the kitchen. Hmmm.... diet weed. lmao, yea, I'm high.

And that's pretty much it.

Thanks for reading gang. Please forgive any repetitious ramblings, mispellings, and whatever else I didn't catch. I did state that I would leave the report unedited, for your amusement and I have done just that.

I'll be back (hopefully later today) with the smoke report on Long Tall Sally.

Hope every one has had a great Holiday season and has a Happy New Year! :D

peace Ya'll :wave:

G

Well damn Bud, good on you! Are you happy? You should be, you're toking on the first of many harvests to come!
Is this considered a creeper?
Yep...that's it! :D
I understand now the role that curing plays
Now THAT gives me great satisfaction :yes:
I'm a lil surprised by that, since this was my indica girl.
She was indica dominant Bud, but probably has enough on the sativa side to keep you from couch-potatoness :D
with a soft voice in my bwains telling me that another toke session might be in order sometime soon
That soft voice in your bwains is actually screaming at you to roll up another one, you're just choosing to ignore it....for the moment :D Now go get some breakfast and then satisfy your bwains with your mission to smoke Long Tall Sally LOL!
Bet ya anything she tastes super-spicy, peppery and with a hint of earthiness thrown in :D

Nice report Bud! I'm oh so proud of you :yes:

I'll be checking the thread for the next report!