What's new

Buddah Watcha 75W CFL Micro Vert!

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
So here we go, this is more for fun than anything else.

Simple and cheap setup. 3 x 24w CFLs set between 9 pots. Mostly 6 inch pots with some bigger ones, the bigger ones have 2 plants per pot.

Its my first time using coco, about 30% hydroton rocks! Fertilizer is whatever I have in hand, hopefully it will work ok!

Line-up is:
4x LouDogs CJxSB IX1
2x Moscas Sweet Tooth '3
3x HFH Danish Cheese
2x HFH Brown Super 007

Gonna try to pick a male and let that polen fly!

Seeds been on dirt for little over a day, nobody up yet, but soon I should see some of the babies!

No pictures yet, but once they come up Ill snap some!

Thanks for tuning in guys!
:thank you:

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Hey guys, or whoever is out there, if there is someone :D

Here are some pics as promised! 2 CJxSBs and 1 Danish Cheese are up!

The setup is very ghetto as you can see, prolly got around 15$ invested on it! lol but Im sure it will work fine, the cab is not really insulated, so I wont put any fans or anything, it stays nice and cool there, even with the lights on!

Eventually wanna raise a bit the lights so they can reach the bigger pots better!

picture.php

One of them Danish Cheeses is up!
picture.php

And here are the 2 CJ x SB that are also up!
picture.php

They just broke the ground not too long ago, thats why they are not upright properly!

So there you go, I hope someone pulls a seat and enjoys this with me!

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
mold bugs bro? the cabinet is far from air tight, so there is some air circulation in it, plus i doubt humidity will be up there to have mold issues! but thanks for the input :)

most girls are above the soil and looking happy! :woohoo:I think 3 left still have to come up!

for all the coco growers out there, quick question, when should i start feeding them girls with some light nutrient solution? Im thinking in a week ill start giving them some food, but i have 0 experience with coco grows, so any input is awesome! Thanks guys!

L

LouDog420

Hey buddah! I normally start 1/4 feeds at a week, and work it up from there. Once the roots are going, feeding daily, full strength, no problem, and those little buggers will shoot up!

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Sounds good man, these plants are growing like weeds on coco :) very happy so far, i dont have a ph meter or anything... gonna try to get hands on some coco ferts to try avoiding problems!

Excited to see what the luck gene pool is gonna bring me with these CJxSBs, should be interesting! :) hopefully toss some of the pollen and make some strains for the OD this year!

Thanks for chimmen in homie!

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
So here are some updated pics of the setup, I used a coco brick to raise the lights a bit!

Plants seem overall happy, and growing quickly!

Got 10 out of 11 on the germination, one of the Sweet Tooth never broke the shell. I use my nail to crack it open and put back on the soil, maybe in a day or two will pop out!

picture.php

And here you can see the CJxSB seedlings after I watered them! They all look very healthy and happy, cant wait to see what the future will bring!!

picture.php

Ill prolly switch to 12-12 in a week!

Cheerz!

NE_GROWER_978

Veteran
Count me in BUDDHA! nice line up most def gonna be some nice little flowers. def got my feet kicked up and rig in hand to enjoy the show!

SUBBED! :tiphat:

-NE_G978-

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Hey guys, not so great news,

1 of the Sweet Tooth never came up, and the one that did is just dieing...
2 of the Danish Cheese also looks all weird, it's definitely PH problems.

I had mixed some leftover dirt with the soil mix of these plants and that definitely choked and fukd them up! I transplanted them to 100% coco into a small pot, but I think the damage is done, If things dont look better Imma sacrifice them :(

But besides that, all the others are doing great! CJxSB are beasting it!

I think I will flip them today!

I'll try to snap some pictures tomorrow!

Merry Xmas all!

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Well, dont let for tomorrow what you can do today..

Here are the pics!

Healthy Danish Cheese closeup
picture.php

The shitty ones that got messed up, 2 DC and 1 sweet tooth, the smallest
picture.php

All 3 Danish Cheese, you can see the difference, cLEARLY
picture.php

My favorite ones, CJ x SB, you can see the difference in phenotypes, the one on top right has my attention
picture.php

Last but not least, brown super 007 from HFH!
picture.php

Hope yall enjoy it! Like I said, I think ill flip tomorrow to 12/12!
Bless!

M

mugenbao

That's a bummer about the ones that didn't work out, hopefully the rest will rock for ya. Those CJxSB sound fantastic, I bet they'll treat you real nice :joint:

L

LouDog420

A few of those just look like they are a little twisted, might have been a bit too much nutes too early... I wouldn't be surprised if they grow out of it ;)

CJ/SB lookin' killer bro! Good vibes for the season!

NE_GROWER_978

Veteran
looking good Buddah! these little ones are doing good. Nice little nifty grow man nvr would of thought of a cfl vert. Hope your holidaze are treating you right!

-NE_G978-

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
mugenbao, thanks for stopping by man! Those CJxSB are a bunch of cuties aren't they?! :)

LouDog420, yeah man, i messed up when I mixed some old dirt with the coco... newb mistake :) was lazy to hydrate another coco brick, and thats what i get :D but like you said, I wouldnt be surprised if they grow out of it! :) lets keep out fingers crossed!

NE_GROWER_978, thanks bro, i figured I'd give it a try on the vertical CFL, why not, their shape seems appropriate for a vert grow, so lets see how things roll out, wouldn't be surprised if I get a nice yield out a few girls, hopefully a zip or two... that would be awesome! :)

Anyways, gonna be going away for a few days, i hope they don't starve too much, gonna fill the tray with water before i leave, hopefully that will keep them happy!

Best vibes to all of yall out there!
Peace!

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
So I'll be going away for a few days today, should be back before NYE.

Fed the girls well today, and also filled the tray with 1.5L for 4 girls in each tray. Hopefully they won't be affected too much. Also flipped 12/12... I hope my babies will survive :)

Best vibes all! Happy Holidaze!

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Got back and to my surprise things are looking great, they tray still had half the amount of water i had filled with and all girls looked happy! :) Im happy i didnt fuck up the timer and things are on their way to flower!

Pics soon!

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I just came across this thread today for the first time. Cool little experiment you got going here! I'm thinking of doing a similar grow, a micro vert, but with a single 125w cfl. Donut style. Just for fun, just to see what can be gotten that way.

Subscribed.

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Hey konopenko, thanks for checking in bro, snapped a few pictures for you man! :)

hush, that should work great, I though about that idea as well, but didn't wanna invest on the big cfl, so here we go with the 3 24w!

So here are the updates, the 2 girls together in the big pot seemed to be a bit overwatered... the others didn't mind staying in the passive watering for the past few days!

Sorry the pictures are not the best, I snapped them while the lights were off, i'll try to get better pics tomorrow when lights are on for yall!

The sweet tooth got culled since it didnt make any progress, the 2 danish cheeses that were messed up pulled a nice comeback and are going great!

All other girls seem happy!

Here are the pics! We are currently on day 4 of 12/12

picture.php

picture.php

Thanks for checking in! :tiphat: