What's new

Budbunkers SOG journey - Ebb n Flow Tables - 8000w

BudBunker

Been awhile... Well this is whats goin on here, there is two 3x6 trays, around 80 pots in each. Theres also a 2x3 tray with like around 25. I have a shitload of moms that are also going to be flowered out. They are in dirt tho. Im going to use Duchmasters Gold for flowering, but been using PBP grow for veg. No co2 this time around :(

There is 2x 1000w hortilux per 3x6 tray, 1x 1000w for the 2x3, and 1 for the misc area. Also a 1000w MH in the other room, and a couple 4 foot 4x T5's, oh and some regular 4 foot floros for cloning. I use rapid rooters and olivias cloning gel. I originally planned to have a perpetual cycle, but ive got so many clones I will be able to fill all of the tables at around the same time, oh well. Im going to replace the 1000w MH with 2x HPS to flower the moms in the "other room", and use the MH and the T5's upstairs in a mother room I still need to build, cuz ive got clones of all the mothers.

Once the dirt mothers are flowered and out of my life finally, I will use the "other room" for my veg room to create a perpetual cycle by adding another 3x6 tray to veg the clones before putting them into the flowering area, which will always be on a 12/12 cycle.

Im having a bit of a spidermite issue, and im trying everything. Ive drenched them with neem and bang, Yesterday I sprayed them all with Dr. Doom pyrethrin but nothing is really working. My hydro store has this realy expensize stuff called Azatrol, but its organic and im thinking I need somthing stronger too really kill the fuckers.

Oh on a side note, my grow shop put a stop sale on the entire advanced line of nutrients. I was talking with him and he told me the DEA has threatened washington state hydro shops that if they sell it there will be problems.

There is a shitload of strains too, but my main focus is going to be the AK47 this run. The strains include:
AK47
Headband
NYCD
MTF
DJ Blueberry
Blackberry
Maui Wowie
Geronimo
White Widow
DHS
Fat Strawberry
and one we call Mystery 509 cuz we dunno what it was.

E

EvilTwin

Hi BB,
Just pulling up a chair for the show. Looks like a nice set-up and certainly a wide variety of quality genetics. And the plants all look healthy.

Sorry I don't have any hints for the spider mites. Never had to deal with them (knocks on wood).
Peace,
ET

E

Eminem

I am dealing with some mites too. After researching here, heres what I discovered

Azamax doesnt really kill on contact. It can be applied through foilar or res. Feeding through the res can be VERY expensive so I foilar sprayed. I talked to GH who makes Azamax and they confirmed all this. Basically the mites dont like the azamax and they wont feed on the plant anymore, thus leaving them to die. This is more of a preventive maintenance product according to them. I am hoping this will eventually get rid of them the way I am using it.

Avid & Floramite kill on contact and seem to have good results according to posts here on IC. I have both products on order and should be here in a day or two. The issue with these products is you have to spray the underside of EVERY leaf. For me this is impossible as I have a rather large SOG op.

I sprayed everything down yesterday with Azamax (moms, clones, and both flower rooms). I will spray the moms with Avid or Floramite when it arrives, then use the other product a few days later. I may spray the new flower room down as well since its only clones a few days into 12/12. But the other room that is 4-5 weeks in, no way. Theres no way I could hit the underside of every leaf.

A pump sprayer with a wand would be a good application tool. Also using some PVC tubing to make the tip 90 degrees would help

I also have some pyrethrum foggers but still dont know if it will leave an after taste so I am on hold with those.

I just started dealing with them so I cant say if this will work or not. Just my research and my plan, hope it helps you.

Good luck with the mites and the SOG

CovertCrops

I have had luck with avid. Use it in veg and right before you send your girls to flower. I have not had any issues with it "harming" the plants. I have a buddy who tried the azatrol and it can do some damage to your plants, but he says it works also. Good luck with your battle with the borg, they suck! Your grow is def looking good tho! Grow on!

L-Immortal

Thats fucked about your shop being strong armed by dea letters dealing with Advanced nutrients. What is the world coming to... Sad they need to mess with a nutrient company, really I mean really think about that.

On a side note if you wanna erradicate the bastards use "AZAMAX". It is pricey but for good reason it works gangbuster style.

Im sure you will get it dialed in and looking forward to an infamous "BB" grow :canabis::D

Lone Wolf

Veteran
good to see ya all healed up and back to growing... i read through your other grow journals...

im looking forward to seeing this grow, so please post some pictures and words for us to look at! thanks

L-Immortal

good to see ya all healed up and back to growing... i read through your other grow journals...

im looking forward to seeing this grow, so please post some pictures and words for us to look at! thanks
:laughing::laughing::laughing:

That makes two of us, I thought he was a myth.

Glad to see BB is back in the game.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
I use floramite sc for mites, don't have to get the underside as its kinda systemic, lasts 3-4 weeks then reapply. I time my sprays so my final spray wears off right around the end of flush, pretty much did away with any mite problems and I got them every crop!

That's a ton of light per table! 111 watts per square foot! You could do almost twice the space/plants under each light and still get good results, whew.

BudBunker

I use floramite sc for mites, don't have to get the underside as its kinda systemic, lasts 3-4 weeks then reapply. I time my sprays so my final spray wears off right around the end of flush, pretty much did away with any mite problems and I got them every crop!

That's a ton of light per table! 111 watts per square foot! You could do almost twice the space/plants under each light and still get good results, whew.

I love watts

bterzz

Veteran
BB, thats awesome!! With that much lumens over each table, do your buds get THAT much bigger?

What is the benefeit of having so much light over each table? Bigger Denser nugs?

Budsmith

You got alot of nice strains to work with wow and alot of light too... im looking forward to this grow. Tagged.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
howdy bud, nice to meet you!

i read your first bunker grow several years ago, i really liked burying the container and have been thinking about it off and on since. is yours insulated? i found a 53' reefer without the refrigerator for about $3500. the guy said he would bring it out and take the wheels off for another $500. i wouldn't bury it completely just berm it from the north and west, plant a green roof on it, and use one end of it as a regular workshop yard tool storage area. paint it all hunter green and landscape around it. an insulated wall built in between the areas and a good mini-split with some duct work and plumbing and i would be rockin'.

those nasty little 8 legged bastards can be difficult. every year here i get a case of them when it turns cold outside. after i eradicate them i'm good to the next fall.

the first time i tried ladybugs, 1500 of them live and dead, all over the room for months. picking pieces of them out of buds at trim. didn't do shit about the mites. then i tried the predator mites, the little red ones. 1000 of those. they killed a bunch but never got them under control.

this went on for months. my production went way down. the plants looked like shit. so i decided to "fuken nukem". six pyrethrum foggers set off on 4 day intervals while neeming at the rate of 2 T per gallon also every 4 days in between the foggers. i turn the spray tip up and shoot the undersides heavily. also aggressively pick off leaves that are affected. ziplock with a cotton ball full of iso. it has worked for me every time so far. after a few weeks you don't see them anymore but i follow out the program for insurance.

anyway, i will be watching the show. later

BudBunker

BB, thats awesome!! With that much lumens over each table, do your buds get THAT much bigger?

What is the benefeit of having so much light over each table? Bigger Denser nugs?

Im sure it helps with bigger denser nugs and having a very even light coverage. Id prefer 4x8 tables but my growspace wouldnt allow them, oh well

The refridge idea sounds good, be sure to weld some sacrificial annodes to the outside of the burried sides to prevent rust if you want it to last a long time.

BudBunker

AK47 Clones
picture.php

Ducting
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Tables
picture.php

Room1
picture.php

picture.php

Room2
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

2x3 table
picture.php

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Good work man! if you ever want to try an experiment, throw some rocks in a smartpot. The fabric sides keep bugs out but keeps roots contained (air pruned.)

Latest posts

Latest posts