What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

bud too dry

cough_cough_eer

Anita Bonghitt
Veteran
Well, to prevent mold, I've overdried my buds, and they don't seem to have any smell at all. I grew C99 f2's (forget the breeder)
any way I was wondering if you all ahd a good way to re- activate my buds. I've used small pieces of wet paper towels, but found it to be temparary. I keep the buds in a tuperware container.:confused:

Canna Wurms

Try glass jars. Specifically, Mason jars that are used for canning. Make sure the rubber seal on the lid is intact.

Chronage

Scholastic Warrior
To remoisten it, put some of your bud in a good ziplock bag, and toss a couple pieces of lettuce in, let sit for about 45 minutes, an hour if it's extremely overdried. After the time is up, open the bag take the lettuce out and your bud will feel moist and revitalized ;).

6x70

Try taking a couple of Q-tips and taping to inside of lid on mason jar. then all you have to do is take the insert out of the top of the lid and run it under water and shake out the excess. this way they don't get to much or to little. I have used this method many times, it does not take very long...like over night or while you are at work....just remember to remove the Q-tips or make sure they are dry so it doesn't mold.....hope you can understand this if not pm me..........6x70

KGB47

"It's just a flesh wound"
Veteran
Chronage said:
To remoisten it, put some of your bud in a good ziplock bag, and toss a couple pieces of lettuce in, let sit for about 45 minutes, an hour if it's extremely overdried. After the time is up, open the bag take the lettuce out and your bud will feel moist and revitalized ;).

Fresh orange peel works well also and gives it a slight smell as well.:cool:

cough_cough_eer

Anita Bonghitt
Veteran
thanks for all the suggestions. I had forgotten about the orange peels. The q tip method sounds preety good tooI've never heard of using lettace, but I sure it would work.Reminded me of one time I read at OG, using a fan leaf from one of your plants.I just need to get some mason jars.

:tup:

6x70 said:
Try taking a couple of Q-tips and taping to inside of lid on mason jar. then all you have to do is take the insert out of the top of the lid and run it under water and shake out the excess. this way they don't get to much or to little. I have used this method many times, it does not take very long...like over night or while you are at work....just remember to remove the Q-tips or make sure they are dry so it doesn't mold.....hope you can understand this if not pm me..........6x70

Great idea 6X70! kinda like a humidor effect, eh?

:tup: buddy!

teddynugent

Any of the methods mention will work fine. I would only use the orange peel method if you want your pot to taste/smell like oranges though. If you get the pot back to the right moisture to cure, then leave it sealed in the mason jars, it usually will bring back the taste and smell. The C99 tastes amazing and I would not want to ruin that fantastic taste with oranges. I am not knocking your suggestion KGB47, I just love the taste of the cindy.

Someone recently suggested that placing small amounts of fresh MJ leaves in the jar for would create that moistening effect. Brilliant!

Forfingoz

Pactivist

been there

been there

I've used the fan leaf method myself, some of the others sound good too. my preferred method if I have some really dry bud, and I am at or close to harvest is to seal the crispy nugs in a mason jar with a freshly harvested bud on top, leave it overnight, and in the morning remove the wet bud. usually the dry buds will absorb just enough moisture, but check em just to be sure. if they're still too dry put the bud back in, if they are too moist just leave the top off the jar for a while. works for me! peAce

p.s. This also has the benefit of adding fresh aroma if you are cloning the same strain ;)

Last edited:

zunny

I use the Q-Tip method as well as a fresh orange peel. I kinda like the orange peel the best cause of the smell.

G

I know this is an old thread, prolly no interest, but a good friend told me about adding a bit of mositure to a jar of bud, 1 of those peeled baby carrots, overnight, or 24 hours, and the whole jar is perfect. Then I chuck it, the carrot that is.

Dont leave it longer than overnight.

Latest posts

Latest posts