What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bubblelicous Sprout With Tri-leaves?

G

Here's my Bubblelicous sprout planted 8 days ago. this is one out of five sprouts planted in Fox Farm "Ocean Forest" soil with perlite. its in a 16oz plastic cup. it's been living under a 400w HPS with light cycle running 18/6. all sprouts are living in very cool temps. low 80's to high 60's only when light turns off.

the reason for thread is the weired tri-leaves the sprout has. has anybody ever seen a Nirvana "Bubblelicous" have the same tri-leaves that this one has?

the first picture is the plant with the tri-leaves. the second picture is one of my other Bubblelicous sprout without the tri-leaves. its just there to compare..
i also have three Skunk#1 sprouts, plus a crossbreed sprout. which all of them are doing great.

SohcDutch
2307bubblelicous_07_26_04-med.jpg

2307bubblelicous_2_07_26_04-med.jpg

G

so i figure nobody on icmag knows what kind of mutant plant i have. since nobody has stoped by to say anything.. ..

thanks icmag
SohcDutch

Capt. Crip

Strain Seeker/Mirage Reading Master
Veteran
trifolate

trifolate

It's called a trifolate.It's a genetic mutation and it just pops up occasionally.No worries!Take care......................CC

friendlyfriend

Veteran
CC is right and it also is prevalent in many bubblegum strains. just as bog :D I got a buncha trifoliates on different strains other than bogs and it is nothing to worry about :D

G

its not something i was worred about. i just thought it was wiered. so does that make this sprout special in any way?
this being my first grow. i just wanted to make sure.....:alien:
Thanks for the Feed back
SohcDutch

Capt. Crip

Strain Seeker/Mirage Reading Master
Veteran
Damn,I thought....

Damn,I thought....

...............all herb plants were special!!!!Jess kiddin'............They will grow pretty much normal and may grow back to a 2 branch pattern,especially when the start alternating.It is not carried over in crosses ,just a mutation.

deZerTomB

triangular

triangular

I've got a triangular plant also. I didn't notice at first, caught my eye at around a foot tall. Just put in flower less than a week ago, possibly a male. Grown from my own cross. Thanks for the info.

Too bad the triangular trait doesn't cross over, there goes that idea. 8+)

stay green & safe

deZerTomB.

phillykid

I had a THS BG and the first leaf looked like the 2 leaves were fused, really weird to see a sprout with cotyledons and then one leaf right on the top (kind looked like a webbed foot). so it started putting out side branching right from the get go, the very first node was splitting into 2 branches each with a growing tip. The other leaves were normal though.

G

thanks everybody for stopping by heres a picutre of the tri-leave sprout 13 days old..

2307bubblelicous_07_31_04-med.jpg

G

thought they called that mutation......

thought they called that mutation......

...........whorled??? had one in the cripple creek i have goin now, tossed it as they usually are male, and runts at that.

then of course i found out, you get three top buds with a trifoliate plant:D....................................................
..................................................LOL

CBF

G

yea my tri-leave sprout is starting to change. check out new pic's of the top of plant. note the tri-leave part is only on one side.

2307bubblelicious_4_07_31_04-med.jpg

2307bubblelicous_3_07_31_04-med.jpg

GreenintheThumb

fuck the ticket, bought the ride
Veteran
I'm pretty sure that's known as whorled phylotaxy and it's a simple mendelian inherited trait. I also read from RC that it may be a sex linked female trait. But it prob. will show up in some of the progeny. Peace

KRS Juan

One of my minikush tester seeds for seeds direct is a trifoliate:

As a young sprout 7/19
1015minikush_tri_7-19-med.jpg

Yesterday 7/31, it the one on the far right:
1015minikush7-31-med.jpg

My friend had a trifoliate, it topped itself and ended up with 3 main cola's on a one cola strain.

-KRS Juan-

Latest posts

Latest posts