What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bubblegum and Chronic closet grow

Tokabowl

Hey guys,

packn2puff: Thanks man hope u enjoy the show, defo got an eye on that angel dust of yours, lookin very nice!

cobo: hey man good to see ur finally away and growing! those little 1s look good they seem ready to hop in the main hydro system imo, good job and good luck

neilspotshop: id recommend chronic, its relatively easy to grow, quite forgiving when mistreated and for the moment it does look like the yield will out-perform the bubblegum's... smokewise, i cant tell you yet as ive never smoked either of them so cannot compare, but ill be posting smoke reports in due course...

Anyways, the girls are now 59 days in flower (think i got the days wrong in the last post, was 56 not 52... :chin: ), and they are still packing on the weight how we like it :yummy:
The Chronics are forming nice dense buds that are frosting up a shit load, and there are more colas than on the bubblegum that has a more open structure (it stretched a lot more than the chronics...).
I fed them their last concuction of nutrients today, and will only be feeding them pH adjusted water+cannazyme till they are chopped, which i think will be roud day 70-75 :chin: , time will tell...
Here are some pics from today (sorry bout the quality, should have a couple more good ones coming soon):

and beneath the canopy:

Peace

G

Wow they are looking good! nice canopy reminds me i need to go tie up a few girls.
Good luck with the harvest!

G

cant wait til they finish make sure u take lots of finished photos. Karma to u.

Tokabowl

Hey guys thanks for droppin by,

The girls are now 71 days in flower, and are lookin a real beauty, although with all the fine summer weather and all im havin some real temp issues atm, it doesnt go below 27C lights off and can reach the 33C when the lights are on... :yoinks: Im guessin that is slowing them down a fair bit...
The chronic seem to be maturing a bit faster than the bubblegum, and I think they will be first to get the chop. I've been flushing them with a solution of 5mL/L Cannazym and 0.5mL/L of Canna BioBoost (organic booster) at pH 6.6 since day 63.
It looks like the bubblegum is starting to turn a bit purple from the outside of the leaves, i dont know for sure its not because of the heat, but i dont think so because it not particularly doing it on the highest tops but also on the tops further away from the lights and the chronic is not showing any signs of burning either... I might just have a nice purp bubblegum pheno :canabis:

Ive been meaning to post some pics in a while, but having a lot of trouble with these connection problems, and some of the pics are 2Mb + which doesnt necessarily help either... But here are a few none the less (i hope they will work), they are from day 66 flower... ill be taking more pics tonight but with the same cam as usual not with this good one i took these ones with:

:lurk:

Btw Cobo: to hang the reflectors like that i just took some string, tied it arond one side of the reflector, and tied the other end to where to wherever ur hanging ur reflector from with a sliding knot and voila, job done! (ill try to take a pic 2nite to show...)
Vinnystallion no worries, when these babies come down ill be takin a lot of pics!

Starting to get impatient now, the trimming finger is getting itchy :sasmokin:

Peace

edited to change last pic to see if it works because 1st time didnt...
reedited: it does work :joint: more pics to come

Last edited:

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
Great lookin' buds there Toka! How much longer are you planning on letting them go?

Tokabowl

Hiya guys,
NiteTiger.... i really dunno man, im really hesitating on that one... today the girls are hittin their 72nd day in 12/12, bit more than 10 weeks... The bubblegum definitely doesnt look quite ready yet, but the chronic looks like it could be done and Im debating wether or not to give it the chop tonight... I havent yet checked the trichomes with my 60-100x scope so that will be the determining factor imho...
I dont really want to chop them too early and compromise yield, but at the same time, i think id rather have some nice all round body n head stone than proper couchlock from harvesting too late aswell....
What u guys think?
Unfortunately i dont have any good quality pics from today to show, only some from day 66 (6 days ago) that are in my last post above...

chronic:

bubblegum:

Are the chronic ready?

safe guys, thanks for helping out, i really value all the feedback i get from youz, makes everything worthwhile... :joint:

Peace

Tokabowl

just checked the trichs on the chronic... looks to me like theres 30% amber, 30% cloudy and 40% clear... that to me, my friends, means its time to chop those babies down! :woohoo:
I dont have a good cam with me today im afraid so ill be taking pics with the usual 1.3Mpix phone cam...
Now time to get ready for the trimming (btw the small leaves on the chronic are very cristally... this should mean some nice iso hash on its way too :yummy: ), ill update with pics and wet weight later on tonite...

Safe

NiteTiger

Veteran
Tokabowl said:
just checked the trichs on the chronic... looks to me like theres 30% amber, 30% cloudy and 40% clear... that to me, my friends, means its time to chop those babies down! :woohoo:

Sounds perfect to me, oughta give a good strong hit to both body and mind, without being too narcotic.

Look forward to the shots and numbers, smoke a bit of scissor hash for me! :wave:

Tokabowl

Chronic harvest

Chronic harvest

Both the chronics went down last night, and they look spot on.
There were a lot of branches thanks to the training all with reasonably dense nugs, and also some popcorn obviously. It took us bout 3 hours to do the trimming and there is a fuck load of trim that going to be put to good usage : iso :yummy: (along with some of the popcorn...). We managed to get about 1g of scissor hash and omfg that blew my mind. Made 1 j of it last nite during the trimming and the other as we speak lol... its very sweet tasting and ever so potent!
The yield looks quite promising, but i dont really like giving estimates as id rather not be gutted in the end. I didnt take a wet weight as im leavin the branches on for the first week or two of drying so it wouldnt give a great idea newayz...
But theres plenty of bud and there a fine summer on its way :sasmokin:
Here are some pics (sorry bout the quality :badday: ):
before the went down

half way through the 1st plant:

The first plant in its totality

Some colas

some scissor hash from after the 1st plant

and the 2nd plant

the 1stplant again

Tokabowl

the harvest

:wave:

Lets not forget theres also the bubblegum to come in a couple aof days, or maybe even a week...

Happy times

:smoweed:

edit: 1st half of this post at end of last page :joint:

Last edited:

NiteTiger

Veteran
Looks great Toka! Glad to see you snagged some scissor hash, I knew you'd like it :D

Latest posts

Latest posts