What's new

Bubble hash with buds

Cactus Squatter

So I frequently will run an entire plant for bubble hash if it’s a really feathery pain in the butt to trim and it works great, but I’ve never tried it with denser buds. As I’m moving away from smoking flower and moving to edibles and rosin only, I’m trying to find the most efficient, clean and especially tastiest method of extraction.
Those of you that run a lot of hash, specifically ice water or dry ice hash, are you breaking up your dense buds somehow first? Any tricks you’ve found for the dense buds?

I’ve got a pheno of cement shoes that is just insane with resin inside and out that I want to get the most out of without having to press every bit of it as flower. I plan on going the fresh frozen route with the next grow of it, then running it in the bubble bags before pressing the hash to rosin and making caps with it, I just don’t want to lose a ton of resin that may be trapped internally within the bud and not broken free during mixing.

So anyone have any tips/tricks/magical hash elves available for purchase somewhere in the dark web? Whatcha got for this?

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
So I frequently will run an entire plant for bubble hash if it’s a really feathery pain in the butt to trim and it works great, but I’ve never tried it with denser buds. As I’m moving away from smoking flower and moving to edibles and rosin only, I’m trying to find the most efficient, clean and especially tastiest method of extraction.
Those of you that run a lot of hash, specifically ice water or dry ice hash, are you breaking up your dense buds somehow first? Any tricks you’ve found for the dense buds?

I’ve got a pheno of cement shoes that is just insane with resin inside and out that I want to get the most out of without having to press every bit of it as flower. I plan on going the fresh frozen route with the next grow of it, then running it in the bubble bags before pressing the hash to rosin and making caps with it, I just don’t want to lose a ton of resin that may be trapped internally within the bud and not broken free during mixing.

So anyone have any tips/tricks/magical hash elves available for purchase somewhere in the dark web? Whatcha got for this?
I'm no expert but here's what I did in the past. I always very gently remove all the dry popcorn-size buds from the big dense thick colas before freezing. After running that I will allow the sludge to re-dry and then look closely with a magnifier loop. If I see any trichrome left in the dry sludge I will grind everything to a power and re-run it. I'm always surprised on the second run how much more hash I get.

CocoNut 420

Imo dry pressed sift is the best if you're after the original flavour only its more concentrated.
Aka solvent free live resin.
_20230123_223426.JPG

I'm happy with a joint of it but its easy to make rosin with it.

I've got a sifting machine now but before buying it I bought 90/120 and 150 micron screens from ebay £5± each.

Cactus Squatter

i break the frozen buds ( easy to do when frozen ) direct in the closed bag where they are with a wooden rollin pin ,
work well .

:tiphat:
That’s what I was thinking of doing, just wasn’t sure if these rock buds would break up enough.
Are you doing it with fresh frozen or with dried and cured?

Cactus Squatter

with fresh frozen only ,
with dried and cure i crush buds by hands before freeze it .

:tiphat:
Perfect, I’ll give that a go. I have a bunch of pretty dense autos I ran outdoors this spring that are about to get cut and fresh frozen along with the cement shoes rocks I want to try processing this way next time I run her.

How many separation runs are you doing with your fresh frozen? I’ve only been doing 2 when I’ve done my fluffy sativa buds as it pretty much gets everything on the first pass.

bibi40

Perfect, I’ll give that a go. I have a bunch of pretty dense autos I ran outdoors this spring that are about to get cut and fresh frozen along with the cement shoes rocks I want to try processing this way next time I run her.

How many separation runs are you doing with your fresh frozen? I’ve only been doing 2 when I’ve done my fluffy sativa buds as it pretty much gets everything on the first pass.
with dry stuff i usually do 4 or 5 run ,
with fresh frozen only two ,
and the second didn' t provide so much ,
seems with fresh frozen everything come in the first run ,

try two run and i'll be happy to get your conclusion about that !

cheers !