What's new

Bubble Buckets a Cheap Alternative to Bubble Bags Pic by Pic

Keefhead

ben ttech, glad you posted that discussion of TPI vs microns. I've posted the same information, but not as well worded, and I thank you.

treble, read ben's posting #17. Remember that the chart I posted is for DickBlick only. I did ask them once whether there was any variation in their materials, and they assured me that their material would always have the same thread sizes, and thus consistent micron sizes from them.

smily, yer gonna be famous.

Last edited:

smily

here is what happens to the plant shit when ya pour thru the 190 or 220 pert near all is gone

now ya got a bucket of tricombs and waterchange screens pour kinda like rinse lather repeat

geezeressa

Great thread! I love all this DIY stuff.
Perhaps some of us can get together with like minded buddies and make a group purchase of the screens - even more economical. You only need a bit of that 42" x 36" screen material...maybe an 18" square? Would that work?

ben ttech

12" squares are ideal for the 2 gallon bucket size smilys is exibiting...

this will give you 9 units from a linear yard... which is the minium order off a bolt from a supply house servicing the screening industry...

the bolts come in various widths... stepping up by 10" at a time from 40"

if you order the full yard... ask your sales person to PLEASE be certain that you get shipped AT LEAST a full yard... as i found that one cut an inch or two short isnt concidered a BAD by them... as a REAL silkscreener would never purchase an amount for a project where that measure of inaccuracy would be a problem...

you cabinet grower could do well with a down size version which uses 1 gallon buckets and only needs screens 9" square...

allowing 16 units to be cut from the same yard of fabric...

this is the smallest size i found reasonable before the hash would clog the screen and make the effort tedious as you need to drum on the finer meshes to get the water to drain...

acidfire

smily said:
you dont understand the way it works 1st pour the lump of wet matter is set aside and ya pour it thru a screen then change screens put used screen in the freezer and do it again.

and there is only 2 buckets one to pour from and one to catch. :confused:

After you finish mixing...
bubblebag.com said:
From here we settle the bags for half an hour. This allows the resin glands to sink down, now that they have been broken free from their cannabis wombs. They sink down in the water and fall through our series of screens.

One would think that if you are then pouring this trim and resin water into another bucket, the resin might get stuck to the trim you previously seperated it from? Resulting in lower yeilds?

Maybe i'm just looking at it wrong...
Outstanding idea btw.

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
I think on the first pour the plant material floats to the top after it's been mixed real well, then you scoop it out...and pour....(I think) I was just reading this again trying to understand that step a little better.

ben ttech

smily hasnt gotten around to mentioning...
but i think hes in that crowd that does 2 or 3 aggitations and extractions of his trimmings....

5 minutes of mixing per i believe he said...

but there is nothing about this system that forces you to live without the bags feature youve illuminated there...

let me offer a run through of how i do the proceedure...
and i prefer to mount the half buckets to a 5 gallon lid and use 5 gallon buckets for the proceedure....

you do your mix of trimming in your cold water straight in a 5 gal. bucket...

dont fill your bucket to the top... leave some headroom for a gallon of water to be added room for a gallon of water... ..

let it stand... i like the ice i use to melt before i continue... i think it traps trichs as it freezes together during mixing and i like to be sure those are released...

after an hour or so this is usually done... and the plant material you will find floating at the top... after a last gentle aggitation of the floating mat of trim... i just reach in with the hands and lift it out... you could save it to remix and get ay of the last of the last if you want...

you now just have a bucket of mixed water... particulate laden on the bottom... you take the lid/collandar assembly...

and clip it onto your OTHER empty 5 gal bucket... place your coursest screen over it and press the other half bucket down through this screen till its snug with the bottom section...

this takes a few times to develop a feel for it... what you want to do... is first push down a good deal of slack into the screen... so when the two halfs comes snug... the screen has a droop in it...

you dont want a drum tight plane...

now...
you take your mixed water and you pour it through this held screen...

the droop allows the particulates to concentrate at a low spot, and the water to pass easily... you shouldnt dump the bucket fast... but you dont have to stand their piddling it out either... it takes 10 seconds or so...

now... dont pour all that mixed water at one go... when you get down to the last half gallon...

you stop... then give the last remaining a good swirl... get all the hash at the bottom mixed back into the water real good, then pour it through...

not done yet...
now take a water squeeze bottle you have around... and squirt down the bottom sides of the bucket you just finished pouring out... their will be a bit of material in there... but this will get 99% of it... swirll it around... and pour it through...

now...
you give the half bucket and screen a quick shot of water as well... your rinsing to be sure a FAINT ring of hash that sometimes will get trapped at the edges of the screen... into the big lump at the bottom of the droop...

then you simple lift off the top half bucket... you do it slowing to keep the screen from getting away from you...

then you lift out the screen... is ready to set on a towel or cardboard for a quick drain...

still not done...
you give the bottom of the BOTTOM half cut bucket with its drain holes a rise with the water bottle too.... it drains very well.. but their still might be a bit of material remaining in there....

NOW...
you unclip the lid/collandar assembly from the full bucket of ONCE screened mixed water... clip it down to the rinsed out bucket you just finished pouring from...

and install the NEXT FINER screen...
bingo...

your ready to do the second pour...

it reads long and involved i know... but it really a snap... becomes obvious, second nature by the first time through the process....

i hear you wondering about losing material by all this pouring.... but you will instantly see... that ANY MATERIAL that gets left behind... get reassimilated back into the system by the back and forth pouring manner...

you dont lose a thing....

you can actually do all your material removal FROM the screens as integral part of the filtering process too ...

follow,
right when your read to repour through the second finer mesh...... first, take the screen which has drained for the minutes it took you to reset the lid/ collandar... and pop it into the freezer...

NOW you pour your second time.... do the rinses... pull the screen... set it to drain... reinstall the next finer mesh... move the lid/colander back to the empty bucket...

as you just did previously...

but before pouring again,
grab the just drained screen and swap it for the one in the freezer... its been a now a minute or two ... and the material on it will have frozen stiff...

your gonna die laughing... when you see the material has already just about seperated from the mesh... you pull the screen out... lift the hash off like it was a froozen loogie... set it aside...

that screen is then done, laid aside... its virtually dry... about ready to be packed up... not hardly a chance in hell of mildewing...

no need for the clothline indoors overnight after your session...

NEXT SCREEN!!!!!

:D

its just that simple...
i dont know if youve used the bags much... but this skips the whole turning them inside out and scraping up the hash...

save you from LOSING that haze of stuff that stays in the mesh after scraping... that is unavoidable with a wet scrapping of the mesh processing system...

which is unavoidable with the bags...

hope that helps!!

peace

Last edited:

ben ttech

well that all depends on what your trying to accomplish...

want to duplicate the bubblebags??? match those screen precisely....
want to just get the plant material out of your smoke??

2 or 3 will do...

Keefhead

smily & ben ttech - you've done a great thing for the hash community. This system is great, and ben, thanks for your very detailed description. Well done - :respect:

K

smily

i usually do 2 runs

1st run minimal physical beating
2nd run give it a whoopin

then keep the 73 micron and turn the rest into ISO

have run this thing many time (the evlution of the 1/4 in. holes around lid)

like the 2 gal. buckets cause they fit in my freezer

minimal waste by removing product after freezing the frozen luggy is very accurate description

adaptable to any size catch bucket

and not very messy either.

:wave:

betterboy

So ya set on a towel or cardboard while in freezer?can ya tell us what screens your using? looks like ya have 6 grades there
thanks and thanks for posting this

Last edited:

smily

betterboy said:
So ya set on a towel or cardboard while in freezer?can ya tell us what screens your using? looks like ya have 6 grades there
thanks and thanks for posting this

dont set it on any thing special frozen peas one time ice trays the next if its wildly runny ill dab from beneath with a towel but more or less let it evaporate on the glass.

screens were a gift some local from SoCal others ordered from the places listed .

:yummy: :wave: im just the messanger LOL

thanks all....

ben ttech

no need for anything else with it...
the screen goes into the freezer damp... it only takes a few seconds parked on a towel or cardboard for it to have drained of 98% of the moisture on it when its just pulled from the holder...

the remaining moisture in the hash freezes in seconds... and if your lump is big enough... its often mostly detached when you reach back in a minutes later...

the screens smily is using were those available at the time closest to matching the micron ratings that the bubblebags systems advertises...

BUT it turned out that what id been told was 25u... was in fact 30... when i discovered this id really had my fill of the impasses at dealing with this industry i was having at this scale of purchasing...

i also started to wonder how bubbleman had decided for his system... which micron sized screens to use for the bubblebags...

and IF the bags ACTUAL poly mesh varied from batch to batch...

no word on these accounts yet...
you guys are not burning up his email and pms i guess...

:)

GET TO WORK!!!!

smily

Google Micronic filter cloth and look around lots of sites looking at some Stainless screens lots of good info just a boring read is all :yoinks:

:wave:

betterboy

Thanks guys, gonna order the screens this mornning, since i have so much trim, Im going to use the 5 gal buckets and just do several runs, so with 5 gal. buckets is all else bout the same as far as the amount of ice needed and amount of dry leaf per run?

ben ttech

assuming your speaking of the buckets your gonna use to mixin and mount the to halfed buckets too...

the working of this system necessitates the addition of water as you work your way through the process... as mentioned earlier that i avoid filling the 5 gallon bucket past the 4 gallon mark to make allowance for this...

it sounds like you have a real mountain of trim to work through...

if you look around... they actually make a 6 gallon bucket which uses the same lid as the regular 5 gallon size...

that could be a very assistive options for you... allowing larger portions to be mixed more easilly per run...

as for the amount of ice...
we are now moving outside my expertise and i would suggest that your referencing the mountain of information that has accumulated as to the making of bubblehash...

nothing new being offered with these buckets... in that regard.

peace

Am I missing something or don't you actually need 3 buckets to do this? Two for pouring back and forth and the one to cut into 2 pieces? The beginning of this thread states you just need two. Just trying to make sure I am not crazy.

Thanks

smily

oops :yoinks: let me clarify nice catch Botanicalbill......

1 bucket cut for bottom
1 bucket cut fro top
1 bucket whole to mix in
1 bucket whole to pour in

so it would be 4 total 2gal. buckets & 1 Lid

:woohoo:

Latest posts

Latest posts