What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bubba Kush

goingrey

Pre 98 Bubba Kush S1 from @VerdantGreen
Smells like mocha coffee, that creamy part is truly intoxicating on it and just now starting to develop more complexity with the classic kush element. Eats a lot of cal/mag in my setup.
View attachment 18840994

Pre 98 Bubba Kush S1 from Dinafem Seeds
Buds smell like incense and chocolate and the stem rub is strong pine resin. The incense smell is legit the same as some of the ohaze phenotypes - interesting. 100% stretch after switch to flower and the incense element is getting stronger.
View attachment 18840995
View attachment 18840996
Both Bubba's are relatively vigorous plants, was expecting something else.
They look quite similar. As they should of course..

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey @elanius they both look great! (and well grown) glad you getting the coffee/mocha and that the plants are vigorous.. - they tend to be fine with a good grower who can keep them happy.
Yes i do get the incense smell from both my pre-98 cut and some of the S1s, although it often comes through on the taste more than the smell, and the coffee/mocha tends to be louder and more constant... it's quite subjective . Bubba selfs so well it is such a gift lol.
VG :tiphat:
p.s. i see dinafem still out of action ! not been following that saga recently...

elanius

Veteran
Hey @elanius they both look great! (and well grown) glad you getting the coffee/mocha and that the plants are vigorous.. - they tend to be fine with a good grower who can keep them happy.
Yes i do get the incense smell from both my pre-98 cut and some of the S1s, although it often comes through on the taste more than the smell, and the coffee/mocha tends to be louder and more constant... it's quite subjective . Bubba selfs so well it is such a gift lol.
VG :tiphat:
p.s. i see dinafem still out of action ! not been following that saga recently...
Hey Verdant,

thanks for the feedback.
Bubba selfs so well it is such a gift lol.
haha, indeed a gift that keep on giving. Awesome genetics.

elanius

Veteran
Here is a Bubba S1 from CSI, this pheno is amazing. The smell, the high, the power...
It has strange mutation as you can see, I made a clone from those mutated branches as well and it continues to grow similar to it, just not that serrated at the moment.
I had a spider mites visit, the stuff sprinkled on the leafs is a substrate with predatory mites.
DSC_0028.JPG
DSC_0029.JPG
DSC_0033.JPG
DSC_0034.JPG

Last edited:

elanius

Veteran
Same plant harvested @ 9 weeks, the fresh flowers did not stink too much but the dried buds reek of musky pine, ammonia/skunk, coffee and Kush, its a weird combination of terps, but somehow very delicious and the smell keeps in jar for a long time. Curing brings more coffee and tones of nutty chocolate. Probably the strongest Bubba I found yet, the high is so good and enjoyable it keeps me up at night.
I bet this one cen get even better, without those fckn mites. Couldnt get rid of them with 3 different predatorory mites.
DSC_0008.JPG
DSC_0022.JPG
DSC_0020.JPG
DSC_0025.JPG
DSC_0042.JPG

need4weed

Veteran
@elanius i work in the crop protection industry, producing nematodes. A colleague has changed positions and moved over to biobest, he was promoting Pro TAC sf to fight unwanted pests. See link below, worth a Try next time

elanius

Veteran
@elanius i work in the crop protection industry, producing nematodes. A colleague has changed positions and moved over to biobest, he was promoting Pro TAC sf to fight unwanted pests. See link below, worth a Try next time

thanks @need4weed, I will look into it. But my highest focus will be to prevent the next time, since these little buggers are extremely hard to eradicate without chems. I was very surprised, how all the different predators were completely ineffective, while being totally overpriced as well.

Tynehead Tom

In my greenhouse every summer there is a heavy presence of Encarsia(spelling?) Wasps which are a natural predator of spider mites, aphids and other critters. They were in abundance this year and literally wiped out the mites for the majority of the grow. Once it got to cold for them near harvest time I did notice mites on a couple plants out of 30+. Not sure if these wasps are availlable online but they are voracious feeders and also lay thier eggs on the plant. When those hatch, the young crawl around hunting for spider mite egg clusters and eggs of other insects.

need4weed

Veteran
thanks @need4weed, I will look into it. But my highest focus will be to prevent the next time, since these little buggers are extremely hard to eradicate without chems. I was very surprised, how all the different predators were completely ineffective, while being totally overpriced as well.
Agreed, prevention is better than cure but those little fuckers stroll in to grow rooms when they want. Extremely difficult to get rid of, I've tried predators before to no avail

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Did predators in rooms, GH, and field this past year.
Overpriced.
Pretty good for small plants, but not effective after several nodes of growth.

Essential oils, properly emulsified with potassium silicate, is still the best tek in my experience.

Thcvhunter

Veteran
I recommend checking out Sierra Natural's SNS pesticide lines and just copying their ingredients.

Rosemary, Lavender, Thyme, Mint, Cinnamon, Clove

nick11

Veteran
Same plant harvested @ 9 weeks, the fresh flowers did not stink too much but the dried buds reek of musky pine, ammonia/skunk, coffee and Kush, its a weird combination of terps, but somehow very delicious and the smell keeps in jar for a long time. Curing brings more coffee and tones of nutty chocolate. Probably the strongest Bubba I found yet, the high is so good and enjoyable it keeps me up at night.
I bet this one cen get even better, without those fckn mites. Couldnt get rid of them with 3 different predatorory mites.
View attachment 18925807 View attachment 18925809 View attachment 18925808 View attachment 18925810 View attachment 18925811
Damn that looks fire! Beautiful buds

little-soldier

I grew a fukll pacl of CSI bubba kush S1 and was very dissapointed with the smoke. Bland no taste. same with his TK X GSC and his purple urkle cross. All his strains tasted bland.

little-soldier

Maybe you don’t jive with earthy kushy flavors… Bubba kush is a vibe, just might not be yours.

-DD
dude, Im the biggest bubba kush fan. and if there is ONE thing about bubba, its that its the total OPPOSITE of bland.I dont know where you picked up something along the line of..im not into earthy kushy flavors. I said bland/no taste. smell and looks were there but no taste

elanius

Veteran
Bubba S1 another phenotype, this one grows like OG, same stretch, buds smell like sprite and incense with coffee background, its absolutely delicious. Taste is so strange to me, sometimes its the same as smell, another time its kind of cheesy. The buds are rock hard and the smell is getting even stronger with cure.

DSC_0040.JPG

DSC_0004.JPG

DSC_0009.JPG

DSC_0011.JPG

Latest posts

Latest posts