What's new

Bubba Kush

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Some shots at 9.5 weeks flower. 5% amber. Only a few days to go.

picture.php

picture.php

Coffee/Affy/Hashy/Berry...Yum.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
UHN the plant looks nice, i wonder if it might be purple kush. i was recently lucky enough to come by the PK cut and it is quite close to the bubba in looks and smell - but it has additional hints of berry and some cheesyness/affy type funk too. very nice smoke.

VG

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
UHN the plant looks nice, i wonder if it might be purple kush. i was recently lucky enough to come by the PK cut and it is quite close to the bubba in looks and smell - but it has additional hints of berry and some cheesyness/affy type funk too. very nice smoke.

VG

VG, I'd say anything is possible. I've got a local ICMagger who has the purple kush and has expressed interest in swapping clones, because he sees a difference between what he's got and what I'm growing. The 'affy' - afghanistan hash and berry aromas are way back in the profile. No cheesiness that I detect. The coffee aroma is front and center and powerful. I smoked a supposed dispensary version of the purple kush and it didn't have near the coffee aroma and was a bit cheesy, but who's to say what the cure will do to the final flavors. If I could, I would beam you a cut to see how it runs next to yours.

I'm running what is, perhaps, an unorthodox system (perhaps not not so strange for you). Home made organic soils with some Happy Frog top dress. Fed primarily (foliar and soil drench) FPE's of yarrow, comfrey, horsetail and nettles with additions of aloe vera and Pro-tekt. The plants also received two applications of jasmonic acid foliar fed. So, long story short, it's kicking out some seriously lovely organic aromas. She's coming down this week, so let the dry and cure begin soon.

Does anyone sell seeds that are true to the strain?
I'm under the impression that this is a clone-only strain and I don't think cuts are being sold.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeah i have made S1s of the pre-98 bubba cut and they come out very close to the cut thanks to it's true-breeding nature.

i'll be sending a batch in pretty soon, this week or next. just got to pack them up.

check the 'seeds' link in my sig for my little forum where there is a grow show for the S1s

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Awesome, thanks for the reply VG, I didn't know you were a breeder.

everyone's at it these days :D

not much breeding involved.... just thought that selfing this particular cut would be the best way of getting a seed version. mostly did it for myself - backup of my favorite cut... but then realized that there was quite a big demand out there for the S1s.

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lvpk?

S1 please

Its the PK cut thats in the UK. was given to me as the garbeville but ive heard others call it the LVPK.
apparently peeps have tried to reverse it but the pollen was sterile.

I'll certainly be doing a Purple kush x bubba kush fem cross next time i reverse a bubba though. i think that should be a winner - the cross may show more vigor than its parents.

VG

M

MrSterling

VG, you gotta get some of that stuff called Obama, then cross it with some Bubba to make "The Commander in Chief".

SneakySneaky

Veteran
VG, you gotta get some of that stuff called Obama, then cross it with some Bubba to make "The Commander in Chief".

obama is, bubba turned male pollinated to mendo purps from what i understand. aka if u breed with it ur gonna unlock pandoras box of hermies, maybe itll work out but im not holding my breath on it.

had obama for 2 years now, shes f-ing magical, cant go wrong with grape candy flavored bubba kush.

somebody say lvpk?

heres a good shot of the bubba cross collection, obama (bubba x mendo purps) on bottom, pre 98 in the middle, and dr funkenstein (djs true blueberry x bubba) on top

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Well I know for a fact lvpk has been whored out all over uk and Europe.... Shit she even made it down under.... IMO lvpk is a little more complexed then 98bubba in smell ...lvpk is as coffe kushy hashy as bubba but she does have slight a bite to her that is fruity but not sweet fruit kinda like cheesy fruit hints wine that aint there in bubba... It takes dialin in to get her complexdy to shine otherwise she comes out Like bubba... The 2 are very very similar... Now the barber like pk is nuthin like bubba n way u can convuse those 2... She is sweet and purple... Some ppl say lvpk and bubba are related I can def see it even as close to being sisters.....

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
another batch of pre-98 Bubba Kush S1s should be arriving at the bay tomorrow.

keep an eye out for announcements from Clarence as to when they will be listed.

cheers

VG

janja

Lovely pics/plants by all big props and may you all be blessed with many more successful runs. Here is some of my platinum Bubba Kush done 100% veganically in my custom vegan soil using my custom veganic nutrient program

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Katsu Bubba Kush taken to 72-74 days, organic soil mix, 24 bushes, 11.45/plant average. 7week veg, 20 gallon smartpots. Boosted with General organics line, 10K lights sealed and co2 environment.

I just finished making Katsu bubba Kush Bx1 seeds, the original cross was with a sour bubble bx4 male that was branchy, and very kushy in aroma. All females from that sour bubble pack were more bubba kush then sour. I also made f2's of the katsu x sour bubble cross. Bx1 seeds are sprouted and I am heading towards testing and making bx2. the f1 females were already pretty katsu dominant besides a very enhanced structure, which imo the katsu needs. Having a lot of fun and hopefully making some sweet seeds.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looks lovely ^^ i have also used sour bubble as the outcross for my Pre-98 Bubba kush bx. hope it works out a winner for both of us ;)

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
just a heads up. seedbay have another batch of my Pre-98 Bubba Kush S1s. i think Clarence is planning to list them up on friday.

GL

VG