What's new

bubba kush vs. chemdawg

bubba kush vs. chemdawg

• Total voters
just becuase two strains may taste similar doesn't mean they share they same liniage. things like myrcen, limonene, caryophyllene, pinene, terpineol, borneol, delta s-carene, linalool, pulegone, and 1,8 cineole effect flavor and every bud contains different amount of each which attribute to flavor. it's possible that the chemical make up of both strains is very similar, but parentage is totally different.

confused more than ever, but i enjoyed reading your post. I agree the cannabinoid profile is a factor.

bubba and chemd have nothing in common.

except they both have kush in them???

so after reading the thread again... lmao... i blv this is TEH funniest shite :laughing:

like literally fell out my chair:bump:

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
way way WAY off.... LEft feild status... wow..... :blowbubbles:

bubba and chemdawg (91, 4, D, etc) have zilch in common. other than the fact they are plants that produce superior buds....

maybe you have to grow them to understand the huge differences

they taste drastically different form each other.... and they dont even grow in similiar ways. different bud structure different stretch. different aromas... yadda yadda yadda...

bubba kush is a cut of mysterious origins aka NO ONE REALLY KNOWS. possibly form FLorida... im sure if you could provide a link of sorts it will be added to the debate pile but those who have come before you (some very skilled knowledgable but banned members) have already walked that line.... and basically established we'll never really know the absolute truth.

the chemdawg varieties are also of mystery genetic origin but the seeed source has been identified & well documented. Chemdawg has kush in it??? LOL okay.

crazy heads.....

DeoXy

lol seriously?... depending on the chem strain.. I recall one having OG Kush in it.. anyways I've had both and can say from my experience both strains have different properties/char.(chemdawg and bubba kush) taste and appearance... even high in some cases.

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
You have it very wrong bro-- Bubba Kush is a mostly Indica strain, and Chem is mostly Sativa-- It is OG that has the connection...OG was a Chem pheno--
For lack of a better source at the moment, they mention it in this write up from Urban Dictionary--
OG Kush is a super-potent variety of medical-grade Cannabis with very distinct aroma, appearance and long-lasting psychoactive and physiological effects. OG Kush is a mostly Cannabis Sativa hybrid, clone-only cultivar found widely in Greater Los Angeles (Los Angeles, Orange and Ventura Counties), California, USA. The species is rumored to be another name for the legendary Chemdog (a.k.a. "Chemdawg" or "Chem") cultivar of Colorado/Wyoming, USA. In this widespread rumor, a 'cutting' (clone) of the "'91 Chemdog" made its way to Lake Tahoe, California early in the 1990's and that OG Kush is an 'S1' (1st generation offspring of a self-pollinated hermaphrodite) of this crop but it is only privately available in clone form and not in seed. Although not a "Kush," OG Kush does possess some Indica (Cannabis Sativa, Supspecies Indica) traits and it is rumored that it may have some Kush bred in its genetic heritage. However, it is mostly a Sativa in both phenotype and psychoactive effects when consumed. Some have described its effects as both cerebrally and physically stimulating and it's smell as "lemony pine-sol." The mature flowers usually appear as large and dense, lime-green clusters covered with copious amounts of "white" resin. It has sold on average for $75.00 USD for 1/8 ounce in most areas of Greater Los Angeles in 2007/2008.

G

Guest 18340

I'm just gonna throw this out there. It's a post by mortarebel taken from another site:

LOL! You guys fightin over what's in bubba! I can tell ya there's at least 3 versions of bubba kush.

pre-98- used an indica pheno of the westcoast dog( a Chemdawg bx)
orgnkid bubba- OG kush,purple kush and bubblegum

This causes a fight everytime someone mentions it but who cares? The pre-98 bubba kicks butt,let er flower for 10 weeks and she'll reward ya with some dank coffee bean smoke. It's not as sedative as herijuana but the flava keeps me coming back for more. I'd never have a garden without the pre-98 being in it. The White is another kick butt plant that's just making the rounds but move over herijuana as the White is taking over as the nockout champ. I don't smoke mj to make me smile,that's what i got the wife for! LOL!

I'm no expert, but I have read on this site that:

Bubba Kush is (West Coast Dog x Old World Kush) x OGKush
West Coast Dog is a Chemdog BX3 using a Humbolt Co. indica male

OG Kush = Ocean Grown Kush = Chem Dog x "Secret Ingredient" male (Lemon Thai x Old World Paki Kush)

So, if true, that would imply that there is a genetic connection.

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm no expert, but I have read on this site that:

Bubba Kush is (West Coast Dog x Old World Kush) x OGKush
West Coast Dog is a Chemdog BX3 using a Humbolt Co. indica male

OG Kush = Ocean Grown Kush = Chem Dog x "Secret Ingredient" male (Lemon Thai x Old World Paki Kush)

So, if true, that would imply that there is a genetic connection.

I have seen that post... it sounds interesting has the meat and potatoes, but.....

theres also the stories of Bubba (and OG!) Kush hailing from the swamps in FLorida... you know, where theres an abundance of dudes named "bubba".

seriously though who really cares just grow it!

IamNug

pre98 bubba used a chemdawg back cross, thats all i need to know. guess ill continue getting shunned by 'expert commercial' grower on this site because of their superior knowledge of bubba kush and chemdawg strains. yeah right.

Hash Man

pre98 bubba used a chemdawg back cross, thats all i need to know. guess ill continue getting shunned by 'expert commercial' grower on this site because of their superior knowledge of bubba kush and chemdawg strains. yeah right.

that description is not set in stone... there are varying accounts about the origins of og kush and buuba kush on these forums, so take what you read with a grain of salt. the people who have made
S1's of bubba note that the variation in the progeny is similar to that of an Inbred line and speculate the bubba to be an Afgan IBL, which chemdog had nothing to do with. Also, Chemdog S1's and Bubba S1's turn out totally different.BTW, they taste different too.

Sucks you got blocked, but most on here will agree to disagree as long as the tone is kept civil, we are all about furthering our knowledge and if one party cant do it its just too bad... its just, this argument is played out years ago, and the information is out there if you look hard enough. glad you have access to bubba and chem tho... i think i may go smoke some chemd now!:tiphat:

IamNug

cocktail frank, whats there to try? i belive chemdawg and bubba kush have something in the that is the same, bubba is too unique a flavor to be mistaken. and that is the same flavor i get from chemdawg.

The bottom line here is that despite the poll results, I have at least 2 people saying chemdawg was used in bubba kush. And I have zero people who can give another alternative genetic makeup. This kinda backs up the hunch I have that chemdawg and bubba have some genetic that is the same in both. They both have chemdawg in them.

Yes I am very lucky to have access to these smokes and virtually every smoke out there. bubba kush and chemdawg are my first picks always. There is a reason for my liking these strains, I'm a very experienced and picky smoker.

I agree, this thread is a futile attempt to make myself feel better about someone who thinks they need to block me because I mention that I think chemdawg and bubba kush have similar genetics.

I know they are different looking smelling and tasting, but the after taste and high is like no other. Unmistakable trait, you know when you have it.

I appreciate all the opinions and feedback on the topic.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
i have seen alot of bubba and chemdawg they dont look that alike...they share similar taste qualities but they are still very different. most bubbas i see are a darker color with rich coffee like taste with hints of sour. and chems are usually lighter green with the sour fuely taste.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
If you're one of the "we crawled out of the ocean and turned into monkeys" crowd, then I'd say yes... they are related... but no more than you and I.

IamNug- hey brother im curious to know what kinda smells exactly your gettin off the BUBBA and the CHEM you got, because although i have not grown chem or bubba i have sampled them both many times and i have just finished up with a OGK(A)xOGK(SFV) cross from Kriptonite, and i have to say i do not see the similarities.

the Bubba Kush i have sampled was green and purple, and tasted like spicy coffee, the taste was not very refined, earthy and bland like an afghani ..to be honest, i don't really care for it.

the Chemdog i tried was way more potent than the bubba, it reeked of pine and fuel, and catpiss. the stone was out this world, and i can barely do anything after smoking it:D

the AbusivexSFV was very very much like the Chemdog i tried in smell and taste, it reeked of lemons/pine/perfume/and even catpiss too...alot of catpiss actualy in...its the kinda bud that makes you pull back immedeatly after you take a wiff...and you don't need to break it up to smell it...actualy if a bud is out in the open you cant escape it and you cant smell anything else.

this is my humble opinion bro...i wouldn't bet too much that they are related, but then i don't know anything about genetics, i can only judge from my nose and tongue:)

thats why i ask you again what smells exactly are you getting, cause you can tell from my descriptions they don't taste smell similar at all...the OG however clearly is related to the CHEMDOG.

BubbaK does smell funky and all but its just not on the level of the CHEM and OG i dont think anything is except the ecsd, and its been a minute since i hit that. my 2cents

Peace,
Cosmic

IamNug

Yesterday 09:13 PM
Yes4Prop215 i have seen alot of bubba and chemdawg they dont look that alike...they share similar taste qualities but they are still very different. most bubbas i see are a darker color with rich coffee like taste with hints of sour. and chems are usually lighter green with the sour fuely taste.

when you say 'similar taste qualities', what I notice there is the spicy aftertaste. And very similar high which is very relaxing and euphoric. I agree exactly with your descriptions.

Yesterday 09:22 PM
mean mr.mustard If you're one of the "we crawled out of the ocean and turned into monkeys" crowd, then I'd say yes... they are related... but no more than you and I.

I don't think it's fair to compare the selective breeding of cannabis to the random breeding of humans because the time lines and time for generations to develop are unequal. Cannabis can reproduce once a year outdoors, and many more times than that indoors.

Yesterday 11:54 PM
Hash Man they were having this argument back in 2006...

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.p...ght=bubba+kush

Thanks, I'll have to read that.

Today 12:27 AM
cosmicparticle IamNug- hey brother im curious to know what kinda smells exactly your gettin off the BUBBA and the CHEM you got, because although i have not grown chem or bubba i have sampled them both many times and i have just finished up with a OGK(A)xOGK(SFV) cross from Kriptonite, and i have to say i do not see the similarities.

the Bubba Kush i have sampled was green and purple, and tasted like spicy coffee, the taste was not very refined, earthy and bland like an afghani ..to be honest, i don't really care for it.

the Chemdog i tried was way more potent than the bubba, it reeked of pine and fuel, and catpiss. the stone was out this world, and i can barely do anything after smoking it

the AbusivexSFV was very very much like the Chemdog i tried in smell and taste, it reeked of lemons/pine/perfume/and even catpiss too...alot of catpiss actualy in...its the kinda bud that makes you pull back immedeatly after you take a wiff...and you don't need to break it up to smell it...actualy if a bud is out in the open you cant escape it and you cant smell anything else.

this is my humble opinion bro...i would bet too much that they are related, but then i don't know anything about genetics, i can only judge from my nose and tongue

thats why i ask you again what smells exactly are you getting, cause you can tell from my descriptions they don't taste smell similar at all...the OG however clearly is related to the CHEMDOG.

BubbaK does smell funky and all but its just not on the level of the CHEM and OG i dont think anything is except the ecsd, and its been a minute since i hit that. my 2cents

Peace,
Cosmic

I follow you on your descriptions. I'm basically talking about katsu and pre 98, as well as chemdawg. Which I'm guessing the chemdawg might be a west coast variety. The spicy aftertaste I think is a distinct connection of genetic makeup but I could be wrong. Both strains seem very kushy to me.

And you know I'm basically guessing on these titles but I've smoked them enough to know that often times different peoples quality of bud can be different so that can really effect the opinion of the smoker.

I guess since I don't have a dna tester I or some other scientific equipment there is no real answer. so many other factors as well.

Oh and just because one strain has color and the other doesn't, or one has a flavor and the other doesn't, still doesn't mean there isn't some previous genetic link. Like afghani for instance as a previous link. genotypes, phenotypes. Anyways thanks again for voting on this thread, the votes are quite important as well.

:thank you: