What's new

Bubba Kush serrated parts of leaf curling up??

green_thumb...

Strain Whore Extraordinaire!
Veteran
hey all :wave: well im bout 18days in this RDWC system using RO water,

AN gro-6ml/gal
AN Micro@3ml/gal
AN bloom@3ml/gal
29% H2o2@5ml/gal
calmag@5/gal
aquashield @ 3ml/gal

PPM is at 700-ish and PH is at 5.8,temps in the room are 75-78* and RH is 45-50%,i have been having problems with rez temps staying above 72 been fighting it with H2o2 and aquashield been working just fine but a couple days ago iv been gettin this leaf problem on 3 of 4 plants

CIMG7626.jpg

i dont know what it could be,iv been adding calmag supplemented water every other or so watering,should i maybe make it every watering? or is it something else? i could reallt use some help as this is my first rdwc attempet and ist kinda goin good.

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
why r u using 29% hydrogen peroxide instead of the usual 3% though? could be burning your roots a bit, as this looks similar to nitrogen toxicity... could also be too much nitrogen.

green_thumb...

Veteran
its not actual hydrogen peroxide its H202
L01lZGlhIENhcmQvQmxhY2tCZXJyeS9w-16.jpg

and i use it due to not having a water chiller it suposta help with fighting off rot and such.

so too much N huh? should i cut down on grow? cuz im not adding as much micro as grow?

toohighmf

Veteran
29% H2o2 (hydrogen peroxide) @ 5 ml/gal. is less than 3% when DILUTED.
also, try this
6ml micro
9ml bloom,
2-3ml grow
3-5ml calmg+
10-20ml h2o2
it is definitely not a N toxicity.
every feeding and water needs Calmg.
how are the roots looking/smelling?

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
umm just my expierence and it might be shit cause i havent grown bubba.... but alot of crosses with bubba all the leafes do that... in fact thats a good indicator that its a bubba leaning pheno...

but like i said i havent grown bubba... but have many crosss that do that exact same thing... always a bubba cross...

toohighmf

Veteran
eh.. Many strains do that and I say it may be environmental before thinking it's a genetic thang. I just recommended changing up the food chart to something I gave him initially, that I think was either mis understood or poorly written. I have worked with Bubs since before it was called pre' blah blah blah.. Bubbas should have some friggin huge dark fans. this is why I changed up the food a bit. they honestly look pretty good, but they could be a little darker, and have some fatter foliage and thicker stems.

green_thumb...

Veteran
ok ok,it smells kinda funky dont know how to describe it,the roots dont look too bad a slight tan but mostly white i'll post pix in my diary tomorrow of the roots, so i WAS plannin on doing a drain and refill tomorrow maybe i'll clean it all out and refill with the change up regimine. Thanks toohighmf. so should i add aquashield or leave it out? could that be the problem? cuz i did add some when the rez was hangin out at 78* for a few hrs.

toohighmf

Veteran
At those temps, aquashield works, but bumping up the h2o2 will definitely kill the funk. 5ml of 29% h2o2 is less than the recommended dose. Someone please show me a plant that died from a bleached rhizosphere. I have conducted my own experiments w the stuff, and have applied 35% concentrate for 20 minutes with no ill effects. I put a liter in my pythium ridden ez-cloner and had beautiful roots. I been using the stuff for years in sterile enviros. it's awesome stuff. dissapates on its own every 72 hours.. what else are you putting in your res?

green_thumb...

Veteran
Nothing else that's it. So should I drop the AS and bump up the H202 like your above nute alteration?

toohighmf

Veteran
@ 5ml/gal of calmg+ I doubt it. he's low on micros and his res temps for RDWC are too high. higher temps mean lower oxygen exchange. how to fix? oxygen...

green_thumb...

Veteran
sweet thanks alot toohighmf,more H2o2 and aquashield----CHECK!!!

i'll be refilling today with your recent administered nute formula,i guess we'll see how it works in the next week huh?

I'll post pix as/after i clean and refill later on today.

and U4EA: im runnin a 600w HPS in a Cool Sun 6" aircooled and its prolly 1.5-2ft away from the tops,canopy temps usually 73-76* on warmer days maybe reach 80* so i dont think its that.

green_thumb...

Veteran
man im still having that damn curling problem and it looks like they arent growing very much and i found some mush roots, root rot? they were white tho? and i thought the H2o2 and aquashield were suposta help with preventing root rot?

Latest posts

Latest posts