What's new

Bubba Kush S1s: Info and grow-along

_Ina_

Veteran
hallo there! this strain has very powerful smoke,long lasting and it makes my blood pressure GO DOOOWN!:)sometimes i just say :"that's enough,i cant smoke any more of that":) i like it!100%indica feeling i can say.

Attachments

• IMG_0229.jpg
    IMG_0229.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0221.jpg
    IMG_0221.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0217.jpg
    IMG_0217.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 25

beastgrow

Yo VG! Seen a bunch of your posts and just realized that you still post on these forums. I love Bubba Kush! I have been very impressed with your work. I heard you had made some Pre-98 Bubba Kush S1 seeds? Do you have any left and where could one purchase them or how would I do that? feel free to PM me. Thanks and glad to see you are still rockin it on the forums.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey guys, no katsu seeds - ive never come by the cut.

i will release some more pre-98 bubba S1s this summer, although my supply is quite low now. im hoping to reverse another bubba and make some more this year too.

really pleased with the success of these S1s.. nearly everyone has loved them.

VG

glockdoc

hey guys, no katsu seeds - ive never come by the cut.

i will release some more pre-98 bubba S1s this summer, although my supply is quite low now. im hoping to reverse another bubba and make some more this year too.

really pleased with the success of these S1s.. nearly everyone has loved them.

VG

awesome!! great to see your back from hiatus!!

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ok guys, it's my intention to send the last of my bubba S1s to the bay in mid august. feel free to start hassling me about it around that time :D

VG

njlogrider

Hey Verdant I scored a pack of your Bubba s1 this past Halloween and finally got around to popping them. I was only able to get 1 bean to germinate. I tried a lot of tricks[ soaks in potassium nitrite,superthrive and humic acid,scarification,rapid rooters, under CFLs,in south facing mini greenhouse window box,cocco & perilite mix].They were stored in glass vial in ball jar + silica under vacuum. I think I may have got a random bad pack or the mailman had my envelope sitting in adverse conditions ? I would love a another chance to grow your Bubba beans.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi there njlogrider, sorry you didnt have much luck with the bubba seeds. having sold a lot of packs with virtually no complaints about germination i am pretty confident about their viability.
perhaps your pack had a bad time in transit or something. the main thing about seeds is to keep them cold and dry. freezer is best and fridge is next best. i germinate seeds by simply planting in soil and keeping moist with water. letting them dry out during germination is also fatal. you shouldnt need any of the products you listed above.

there will be some runts and weak plants amongst the S1s due to some recessive alleles being re-combined by the inbreeding... but i would expect peeps to get at least 4 decent plants out of a pack of 5.

i hope you get a chance to try them again.

VG

njlogrider

Thanks VG, I want you know that i wasn't trying to imply that it was your fault . It was one of those random things. I wanted you to be aware of it and your input. I haven't read a single post complaining aboraut germination for any of your work. I have been attempting to germinate Tchycarpus Takil seeds since January . It's a newly cultivated cold hardy (-14*-20C) palm that grows in the Himalayian foot hills (5000 - 9000 ft). The Takil seeds are the hardest,most subborn seed I have every tried to grow. I tried every trick I could learn about to sprout them. So when the Bubbas gave give grief I tried them with no luck. I am happy to report that I got I palm seed to sprout. I know I went off topic but that is one of current garden projects and it ties into seed germination .

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi again nj, yeah some seeds are very hard to sprout. sweet cicely is one that i found almost impossible. cannabis seeds, luckily, are very easy... except the legal factors which often mean they have a convoluted journey to reach us.

VG

bigshrimp

Veteran
Bubba has a pretty thick seed coat, i've found them a little more difficult to germ than some seeds. I dont think it is the vigor of the beans just the thickness of the seed coating.

I'll be using bubba as the pollen donor (not the mom) in crosses for that reason.

These are the last of the bubba s1's i have. One was extremely runty and was culled, the other arrived crushed but still germinated. Then died soon after. The other three are normal and healthy. All very similar this time so far. They are heading into flower very soon.

This one is a clone from my first batch of s1 seeds from VG. It has a great straight to bed stone and above average potency. Is not the aroma and flavor I was looking for but still a great smoke.

Last edited: