What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bubba D-Chem D x Pre-98 Bubba (fems)

Greenthumber

Just a heads up for those that were wanting to try this cross out... i have sent 8 packs to seedbay, and that will be it for the moment as it is all i have left from a small batch made recently.

will keep checking back i just looked and doesnt seem to have been updated yet

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i grew one of these out and it is nearly finished. very sweet hashy smell atm with some astringent tones starting to creep in.
The plant has a few thrips so all you getting is a close-up lol. nice looking plant though.

around 8 weeks:
picture.php

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Unless you have thrips on them like i do :redface:

But i tried to get a better pic of my ChemD x Bubba
picture.php

VG

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
These look flame. I am definitely gonna cop a few packs of these and growem. I have only seen this last page need to catch up but this sounds fantastically yummy stinky.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey 40, thanks for the kind words ... i just went out to get a whiff of the plant and this one definitely leans towards the bubba but has a sweet edge to it as well. looks like it might be a better yielder then bubba too. That plant has done will for a 5-6 litre pot.

I think i should do a regular version of this too with the C4DD pollen. The C4DD is so consistently close to the D that i think it would be worthwhile... and i have the pollen ready to go !

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
chopped the plant at about 9 weeks. Very chunky buds. reduced the rootball and am trying to re-veg it now !

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
my one tastes like a very slightly spicier, more incensey bubba... right from first drag of spliff to last. i'm praying to the reveg gods lol... :shucks:

not far off straight bubba though.

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is just one test plant i've grown from this cross, so i couldn't say for sure.

The pre-98 Bubba kush is one cut that some think has incense/woody tones... and the S1s come out very close to the cut because it is true-breeding... so that would be a place to start that has been very much tried and tested.

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I can just see the beginnings of reveg activity... fingers crossed...

I'd like to self this Chem D x Bubba. S1s would be a like F2s of a regular cross.
Plants that vary between Chem D and Bubba Kush with all shades inbetween would be an interesting thing to explore...

VG