What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bruised Nuts

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Well it's been a while, and the pics in my last thread are gone, so I thought I'd make a clean start. Bruised Nuts is my trifoliar line. Solid indica, no hermies and of course 3 branches per node.
Lets start with some youngens.
picture.php

and one thats been topped going into fower
picture.php

picture.php

This is a continuation of my 3 Plus 3 =? thread
:tiphat:

Last edited:

Littleleaf

Veteran
so their all tri's..now that's cool.
Only had one, from BOGs sb4 and turned out to be a boy but was a good looling one tho.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well it's been a while, and the pics in my last thread are gone, so I thought I'd make a clean start. Bruised Nuts is my trifoliar line. Solid indica, no hermies and of course 3 branches per node.
Lets start with some youngens.
View Image

and one thats been topped going into fower
View Image
View Image

This is a continuation of my 3+3=? thread
:tiphat:
hiya gmt,,,,lovely bushey girls,babies looking very healthy with nice thick stems,,great plants gmt and excellant pics buddy,,keep the pics coming,looking forward to seeing your work,,nice one gmt,,peace and safe growing s2:tiphat:

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Hey 944, thanks for stopping by, I always make my threads pic heavy, no worries there. :artist:

Hi Teresa, thanks for always being in my grow threads, 9 years now and you've always showed up, so you know by now they don't come much odder than me and mine :clover:

timmy

Nice one mate!
I'll be following along for sure.
Things like this always have my interest.

Cheers
Timmy!

rocket high

Veteran
Nice GMT that sounds a very good project .... the new ducksfoot maybe ????

The indica leafs in the last pic look lush and huge :) good work .

M

mugenbao

Wow, glad to see you're still working on this kind of stuff. I've been pretty interested in the subject of these kinds of expressions for a while, and read the 3+3 thread with much interest :D

:lurk:

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
GMT this is very interesting. Did you subject the seed to treatment during priming? I too have something similar that I created, do you know the parents of the line? Did they show/display the trait or were they received via cuttings?

Have you looked under a 500x microscope at the chromosome count.

Have you any background knowledge or experience in plant breeding GMT? I don't mean matings of 2 dissimilar plants GMT.
Most the commercial food hybrids such as Brassica species are polyploid, either tetraplod, hexaploid, hexadecaploid and so on.

The difference that is observed visible to the naked eye, should be confirmed in the root tips when counting the chromosomes in the crushed meristematic root cap, all these variates are dicot the same as your line is GMT. What makes you think this line would be any different, and why only follow the tri-foliar and not others GMT?

DemonPigeon

Veteran
I don't think Polyploidy is the cause here, I'm sure GMT can refute this far better than me.

It's a mutant from a single branch which was cloned and bred out to create the line he has today

And I think this is essentially it's heritage:
((Blueberry*Orangebud)*Black Domina)*Nutcruncher

In terms of breeding Tri plants I don't think anyone knows any more than GMT.
Here's a bruised nuts I got from GMT, the trait is actually found in a reasonably high number of the seeds thanks to all his work in selection and inbreeding of Tri plants

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Looks like this thread is starting to take off, so Id better get some replies in before the next round of pics go up in the next post.
Mr.Fastcast, Timmy, Toka, rocket high, OrganicOzarks, SpeedDemon, thanks guys, glad you like, glad to have you here for the show, stick around please.
weedy420 and Beatlejuice999 lol, the thread is named after the strain, and the strain is named according to standard naming rules, mother first then father of the original genetic sources. Though inbred so much now that it is a strain in its own right.
Sifted unity, well that's a very controversial subject. As with all strains, it varies from individual plant to individual plant, and grower to grower depending on set up. It also depends on growing style. But to give you an oversimplied quick answer, I am going to say it does indeed increase yield, if you take advantage of it.
mugenbao, thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed the 3 plus 3 thread. I can't stop working with this strain, The ratios are nearly at 50% tri now, from early testing on this round of seeds (that may fall after more testing is done). Also the smoke is exactly what I want, so either way I'd still be growing and smoking this line. Thanks for joining this thread too :)
If anyone else wants to see the history, here are the other 2 threads I've done on the subject, evolution https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=10829 and 3 plus 3=? https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=53476
MateDave, No, absolutely not and nor would I ever. I barely use any food with them prefering to let them find their own in the compost I use. Although that's not on principle but to eliminate any differences in accuracy in feeding requirements so that I can compare the plants ability and health in order to make selections for future parents. This is my line that I created from scratch so I can tell you the exact history. The First example, as DemonPidgeon says, was found as a branch that was cloned from an orangeberry cross I made and bred. There was 1 tri baby I found in the offspring out of about 600 seeds tested. It was bred with and the line started there. I outcrossed a couple of times and the genetic sources are exactly as DP states. Each outcross dropped the ratio of tri's considerably, but fine tuned the smoke to what I desired. Then, once the smoke was just what I was looking for, I started the task of inbreeding to increase the ratio of tri's born. It kept me amused for years. I don't have a microscope to check that, you say it would only need to be 500x? I thought it was going to take at least 1200x plus a dye to stain the material tested, I bought the slides, I looked at the price of microscopes, and I couldn't find the dye anywhere, then I got stoned and forgot about it. I don't believe they are anything other than diploids, as I don't see any requirement for them to be. From my research, I believe its merely a case of the Lea13 gene having been copied into an additional loci. But to check that is gonna take far more than even the 1200x scope lol.
My background is all documented on here, to judge my knowledge you'd have to have a read through some of the threads in the breeders lab and judge for yourself. No one knows how much of the subject area they don't know, so we can never say how much of what is to know we already know, only others who know more can say we don't know enough, and those who know less say we know alot. All I can say is I know enough to have done what I've done and enjoy discussions on the finer side of genetics.
I have concentrated on the tri's for a few reasons, firstly it was what I started chasing, and I like to get one thing finished before chasing the next. I think they look more attractive than bifoliars, they are more productive than bifoliars, and no one else has done it. In fact some of the most famous breeders have said it couldn't be done, and I do like to prove people wrong lol. Breeding quads to tri's reduced the frequency of tris and increases the frequency of bifoliars rather than quads. I haven't yet bred 2 quads together to test that out, that is what I will start with when beginning that project, but I'm not ready yet. The pents tend to turn into fasciated stems, and that isn't something that I actually intent to chase as trimming and nitrogen requirements in growth both get undesirable. Thanks for the questions, please stick around and either ask about anything you find interesting or provide some info you feel relevant, you seem to have a good handle on the finer points and I always enjoy an opportunity to discuss and learn.
Hey DP, thanks for representing mate. You know you are right on the info you provided, so thanks for that. How are yours doing, you must be due for an update on your thread soon surely? How are they enjoying coco? Any shown sex yet? Thanks for dropping the photo in, a thread can never have too many photos, drop as many as you like in here of your B.N.'s.