What's new

Browsing the forum from work

dreadvik

Anyone know any ways to work safe icforum e.g. no pics? I can proxy it out of work securely so no one can se me at play but the logo and greenery are a tad bait when peeps walk past :( Some of the inlines aint great but at least u know when they are coming and can scroll past fast :)

Polsevogn

I would just not.

There are ways to stop images from loading, but there's just so much to sort through.

Keep your private life private, don't risk getting in trouble at work (or worse) because you're itching for some smoke.

2cents

B

BigHerm

They could design a work safe version of the forums. I was a member at another site that did that, was pretty nice.

sirgrassalot

Domesticator of Cannabis
Veteran
If you're using Fire Fox right hand click on an IC image/avatar & block them. Other browsers may or may not have that feature.

NOKUY

Veteran
when i get the itch at work or anywhere away from home i pop in on my iphone.

Charg5152

The green background can be challenging....it takes skill to hide the browser in the lower half inch of your computer screen and still surf. After hundreds of hours of getting paid to surf ICMAG, I have become an expert:nanana:

strydr

I use a Mac, and have spaces set up with ICmag in its' own space. When browsing from work, if someone walks past, I just switch to my "work" space. I also use a 3G card in my laptop, so no people monitoring my traffic..

sirgrassalot

Domesticator of Cannabis
Veteran
The green background can be challenging....it takes skill to hide the browser in the lower half inch of your computer screen and still surf. After hundreds of hours of getting paid to surf ICMAG, I have become an expert:nanana:

Right click on leaves - view background - right click on background image, block IC image.

Check your browser option. Some (I believe Opera does) have option to simply disable images altogether.

That said I would not visit this at work because IT dept is probably watching.

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
Ya know what you should do at work, WORK. I used to have to fire good folks for that.
H

catman

half cat half man half baked
Veteran
Have any of you guys been in a modern office setting?

At any given random point in time at least 1/3 of the people are surfing the internet for personal reasons. I wonder what these sort of people did before the computers. It wasn't work so what what is it? Most offices are inefficient by design so people have something to do for 40 hours a week when they probably could do it all in 15 if they did it correctly.

Not all jobs require to you to actually 'work' all the time, like many in IT for instance. If you can get outside of your corporate proxy without being logged, that includes dns fowarding, then you can use firefox and an addon to block the background image that icmag uses making it way more inconspicuous. Better setup a damn quick boss key too.

Stevius

I cant go to work to "not work".... I must do something... something usefull, I must WORK at work. If I wouldnt... then I would feel really useless lazy ass.

Go work on a field mate! With a shovel under the heat of the sun. THIS IS WORK!

Strainbrain

Chairman of the Joint Chiefs
Veteran
Some people have jobs with a lot of legitimate downtime, but where they must still be present. I'm one of them, and I'm not lazy. Sometimes *whole weeks* go by with almost no action. Sometimes I work 90 hours in 6 straight days. It's probably different from your reality but it's the one I've got. I'm hardly alone in this. In fact, all kinds of people across the whole world have jobs, hell, even entire lives that are different from yours.

Instead of being ignorantly judgemental about his work ethic (and by proxy, that of myself and many others) and offering unsolicited and probably irrelevant career advice... just answer the guy's question? Let his boss worry about firing him.

-s

strydr

Strainbrain's right.
Some of us (me included) work in fields that require a warm body on site, but do not always include "working". I'm in IT. I'm required to be onsite 1 day a week, and the rest of the time, I'm wherever the action is. Sometimes, on my "mandatory mondays", I have nothing to do- I surf the web, IC Mag being one of my many sites. Sometimes, I work 18 hours a day, and never get online, sometimes I spend my entire day on the computer. I work on call 24/7/365, so I'm never "not working" to have "appropriate" time for surfing IC Mag.

White Rabbit

Digging in the garden
ICMag Donor
try not feel too bad when people start judging and dictating your needs mate. You would know when you will get fired and when not. I believe you wanted to know how to disable pics? Try Firefox, it has a function just like the one you need. As for the greenery, switch to black and white format, or minimise extremely and enlarge your script if you HAVE to read say...the latest Sour Diesel Smoke Report...or C99 release updates... the list is loooong.
be an inventor, and become more intelligent.
WR

RandyMarsh

I'm only ever on ICmag when I'm at work. Customers can never see my screen so I never think twice about it. Guess it also helps working with 90% stoners and being the manager at the same time. I also roll a couple j's under the counter every day with customers in ear shot, so I guess this website is the least of my worries.

Latest posts

Latest posts