What's new

Brothers Grimm Strains Available?

M

Milhouse

I recently found a website that shows the different strains that Brothers Grimm offered back in the day..I just thought I would throw the list up here and see what is available nowadays in form of crosses and f2 and what might be "lost forever"

SUGAR BLOSSOMS

Smokers of White Widow almost universally comment that they wish it tasted better. The Bros Grimm set out to solve this problem by creating Sugar Blossoms, a skunky, lemon-flavoured White Widow hybrid. Expect hardy, vigorous plants with an Indica-dominant growth profile. Short & branchy, Sugar Blossoms is a high yielding, fast flowering, resinous plant that produces dense, sugar-coated buds that has a great taste and a light lemon smell. This plant, like most Brothers Grimm offerings, is easy to work with, trims up very easily, and has a beautifully balanced high.

ROSETTA STONE

Rosetta Stone is a fast-flowering plant with heavy resin production and average yield. It clones remarkably well and is generally an easy plant to work with. It was created by pollinating a unique Ginger-Ale female (Ginger Ale makes the densest nuggets we've ever seen) with a male we've tracked for a long time as a reliable resin-enhancing father. Rosetta Stone is a super potent, wonderfully sweet, fruity smelling, perfectly balanced Sativa/Indica hybrid. A definate keeper in any connoisseurs garden.

DTC99

The Super Sativa Seed Club (SSSC) bred a Thai strain for four generations to stabilize its traits favoring indoor cultivation. SSSC's famous Durban Poison male was used to pollinate a particularly sweet Thai female from this fourth generation. The hybrid was called "Durban Thai Highflier" by SSSC is has quite a reputation among Cannabis "Old-timers". They exhibited the best genes from both sides of their heritage, maturing early and remaining reasonably compact due to the Durban's influence. True Thai weed is sickly sweet, but when crossed with the Durban, the hybrid took on a taste distinctly like black licorice. Bros Grimm decided to cross a particularly early-maturing female SSSC Durban Thai with a Cinderella 99 male. Expect a hybrid that is heavily Sativa-dominant, yet suited to indoor cultivation.

ROYAL MIX

By popular demand, BG is proud to introduce a lower cost alternative to Cinderella genetics. We have created an upscale mix of Sativa/Indica hybrids which sprang from the same origins as C99. These plants will vary, being only partially stabilized. A few prime females will stand out in every group. We suggest topping & taking clones from each plant at 12 inches height or after the 4th node. Number the clones so that you can identify which clones came from which plant. Flower the clones from each plant shortly after they are rooted, keeping the original seedlings in the vegetative state. Choose your favorite female according to her clone's flowering attributes and keep her as your clone mother. Take clones from this mother and continue filling your flowering room with the same plant for years to come. The best females yield chunky, dense floral clusters with a high flower/leaf ratio and prolific resin production. The buds smell sweet and fruity as they ripen and toke up very smooth. The high is an uplifting, creative, artistic buzz that we hope you'll enjoy as much as we do.

APOLLO 11

This indoor hybrid has a high calyx/leaf ratio & finishes flowering in 7 weeks or less. Our big-yielding, lemon-scented female clone named "Genius" because of her CLEAR, energetic, thought-provoking high was crossed with a robust Cinderella 99 male to create Apollo Eleven. Expect some variation among individuals. The best females are short, heavily branched plants with multitudes of dense, resinous bud sites - perfect for SCROG. The smoke has a sweet citrus flavour. The high is UP & HAPPY.

CINDERELLA 99

This strain may be the "Holy Grail". The result of painstakingly backcrossing a VERY RARE female to her male progeny over 3 generations. This hybrid was specifically bred for indoor cultivation. Short-statured & heavily branched, this plant grows LONG, dense colas with an EXTREMELY high flower/leaf ratio and OUTRAGEOUS resin production. The breeder has observed a "giant leap" in potency with each progressive generation and, as expected, Cinderella 99 has topped all previous results - her high is heavily influenced by Haze; clear, energetic & devastatingly psychoactive. A plant with all of the above is rare enough, but Cinderella 99 finishes flowering after a scant 50 days of 12/12! Above-average yields of crystal covered buds reeking of tropical fruit aromas can be harvested every other month once a mother plant is selected and asexually propagated.

ICE PRINCESS

Created by crossing the mother of Cinderella 99 to a male White Widow from Green House which actually had resinous leaves! This strain will be the resin queen of the new millenium. Ice Princess grows best indoors, producing a compact plant which matures rapidly into a sticky, crystal-covered "Christmas tree". Her flavour and scent combine spices & fruits, but with a skunky undertone. The high is cerebral, but with more "body effect" than Cinderella.

WHITE RUSSIAN

The Brothers Grimm have re-created this respected hybrid of AK-47 and White Widow. A Serious Seed Co. AK-47 female with outstanding resin production and short stature was pollinated by the father of Ice Princess. Expect dense, heavily frosted buds that cure to a pale green with orange pistils and smoke with a spicy flavour. The clear, up high of AK-47 with a relaxing body effect from the White Widow.

GRIMM WHITE SHARK

We grew out dozens of White Widows from Green House stock. We chose from SEVERAL potentially EXCELLENT seed mothers for this hybrid, basing our final decision on stature, vigor, resin production and potency. The father of this hybrid is a Super Skunk from Sensi Seed Bank which grows HUGE masses of flowers that translates into BIG BUDS when his genes manifest themselves in his female offspring! The large yields of pungent-smelling, connoisseur-quality buds are well worth waiting 9 weeks for. An excellent choice for greenhouse cultivation, where these plants become HUGE!

CALIFORNIA INDICA

Bros Grimm got so many requests for a good "couch-lock" Indica that we decided to test a pure Indica cross. We grew out a large sample group - these are the type of plants one might see a picture of in the dictionary under the definition of "Indica". Dark green, broad leaves, short stature, thick stalks and heavily branched...this pure strain produces heavy buds with a NARCOTIC stone.

AURORA BEAUREALIS

Yes it's The Brothers Grimm version of Northern Lights! Truly outstanding individuals were selected to breed our own UNIQUE true-breeding version of the classic NL#5.

GREEN GIANT

An extremely heavy-yielding Big Bud "mom" which continues to average 40g/sqft produced these when crossed with a stocky Shiva Skunk male. We're impressed with its' yield and the quality of this narcotic smoke.

SWEET SKUNK

The Skunk #1's acrid scent has been softened after crossing a fine male with one of our favorite "personal stash" mother plants. You might think you're in a mango grove. Nice balance of cerebral and body highs!

WHITE WIDOW

White Widow is a 60/40 Sativa/Indica hybrid that produces fantastically crystal-covered buds that are a joy to behold for any cannabis connoisseur. The Brothers Grimm began working with this amazing strain several years ago, when we purchased dozens of seeds from Greenhouse Seed Bank and planted them all. From this huge sample group of White Widow individuals, a single outstanding male and female were chosen after much evaluation. Some BG hybrids (Rosetta Stone, Sugar Blossoms, ect...) have already been created from the selected male plant and the public's response to them has been extremely favorable. Now after almost two years spent cubing our special female which was used to create Grimm White Shark, we're proud to announce the release of the most stable White Widow seedline the world has yet seen.

MATANUSKA THUNDER

The Brothers Grimm are happy to offer this mysterious strain after receiving numerous requests. BG began with a clone obtained from an Alaskan biker who has been growing it for years up north. Mantanuska is a 40/60 Sativa/Indica hybrid, bred for an indoor environment. These plants produce enormous, rock-hard buds with an intensely skunky smell and flavor, not to mention the legendary high.

M

Milhouse

c99 is available at many sources including several through Seedbay

A11, c99 x a11, sugar blossoms are all available in f2 form on another site

Ice Princess - DG is currently working with Ice Princess but there is no timeline as to releases

DTC99 - DG offers a "f2" of this strain

White Widow and White Rhino - Many offer these strains but does anyone offer the Brothers Grimm F2 version specifically?

This is all i know. I would be interested in hearing about thier lesser known strains to see if there is anyone working with / selling / plans to work on the other strains.

I

Iron_Lion

Great post, Bros.G made some legendary strains. Im goonna grab some Ice Princess when it becomes available. Rosetta Stone is a strain that has always interested me.

But for right now I love me some A11

Seismic

Have always wanted to try Rosetta Stone ever since seeing it on HS back in the day, definitely regret not picking some up:)

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Looks like Rez has found some original Grimm MATANUSKA THUNDER....he's just about to pop....

....I hope he gets some to germ and they grow out right...

...DG has been working with the DTC99, Ice Princess and C99.....

M

Milhouse

Thanks for the info Gypsy!! He could make some killer hybrids for sure!

I was just surfing the web and found this list of BG strains, never heard of some and just thought it was an interesting read. Rosetta Stone sounds interesting to me also! I would love for someone to make F2 of this strain!

What about the Cafe Girl clone? Was that held with BG also? From Mr Soul's description of it, it also sounds like an amazing strain.

D.S. Toker. MD

Veteran
Be careful folks. There are a bunch of growers on this site that wont like you if you use someone elses work!.

Grims work is excellent. Ive grown the Sugar Blossoms and its great. There might be other breeders offering and working c99, but im betting they cant improve on Grims original work in my mind. They might equal it.. The original (f2s) is available

Their California Indica was top notch.

BlackBart

Veteran
Here's a few pics of Bros. Grimm Rosetta Stone At six weeks . These are F2 seeds that I have had for years . Certainly some frosty fruity smelling plants . I have grown most of there strains and still have MTF -- Green Giant --- A-11 -- C-99 seeds

Attachments

• Rosetta Stone #3.jpg
    Rosetta Stone #3.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 11
  • Rosetta Stone #3+3.jpg
    Rosetta Stone #3+3.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 13
  • Rosett Stone Bud # 3  (Best).jpg
    Rosett Stone Bud # 3 (Best).jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 9
  • Rosetta Stone plant.jpg
    Rosetta Stone plant.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 11
O

OGfarmerted

i remember these guys working on these strains back before overgrow when ~shabang~ moderated WEEDBASE. the days of vic high, mr soul etc...

good stuff from those guys.

Noobian

Green is Gold
Veteran
Does anyone know their story? What happened to bros grimm did they get busted or just decide to stop making seeds? I wish I was growing back and picked up some of their gear

Damn nice thread Milhouse....sure wish i had collected a few of those strains back in the day...hope rez has some success w/the MT (always nice for rez to have new blood to play 'mad scientist' with)...:)

tr2

I

Iron_Lion

What ever happened to Spice Brothers? Are those guys still around?

BlackBart

Veteran
Spice bros. have gone there separate ways . Here is a pic of Spice Bros. Rosetta Stone F2 . I just harvested her yesterday .

Attachments

• RS #2.jpg
    RS #2.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 7
  • RS UPSIDE DOWN.jpg
    RS UPSIDE DOWN.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 12