What's new

Broad Mites?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buy stock in the swirskii's

Buy stock in the swirskii's

I expect organics to blow up in Colorado.

Seriously , If the state comes out and says this ppm is an acceptable amount of poison (especially Avid) I will be totally amazed. Then there is the problem of "Personal grows" that could be soaked and who would know...? Whatever comes out of it "Big Government regulation" I am looking forward to the "Government intrusion" as it can only help clueless people.

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran
Good pesticide rotation find Sunset!

Like I said with Avid - 2 applications spread out over a couple weeks and then transfer to other pesticides - if needed. I use avid now roughly once a year because it works so damn well and I'm almost entirely from seed. (seeds ftw)

If I was running clones, you're absolutely right. I would be hosing them with Avid, Forbid and probably a bit of Permethrin religiously.

Storm Shadow

Veteran

Storm Shadow

Veteran

whatthe215

Veteran
http://pmep.cce.cornell.edu/profiles/insect-mite/cadusafos-cyromazine/chlorfenapyr/chlorfenapyr.pdf

Pylon miticide and Phantom termiticide both contain the active ingredient, chlorfenapyr, and are both made by BASF. these two are exactly the same formulation just with different labels.

"The formulated end product was previously reviewed under the name Pylon Miticide-Insecticide ..."

Pylon sells for $465 for 16 oz.
Phantom sells for $60 for 21 oz.

wow just double checked MSDS for em, and they are both 21.45% chlorfenapyr...

was about to get a bottle of Pylon... thanks for saving me $300 man. :)

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran
You'll find that many pesticides are trademarked by the manufacturer allowing them to charge astronomical rates for a few years. After a certain number of years, the limitations on production are lifted and any chemical company is allowed to mass produce the same product as a generic. A good example is Talstar from FMC (active ingredient is Bifenthrin). A gallon of Talstar used to be 300 dollars per gallon, after going generic the same product can be bought for 35-50 bucks a gallon. Nothing like chemical companies putting the screws to ya.

If you're looking to buy pesticides, I would highly suggest searching by the active chemical ingredient. As long as the concentration is the same, its the same product. Odds are, you'll save a ton of money.

O

OrganicOzarks

4 days in, and my moms, clones, and plants getting ready to be flipped have no damage on the new growth. No chemicals used.

swirslii...!!!

swirslii...!!!

4 days in, and my moms, clones, and plants getting ready to be flipped have no damage on the new growth. No chemicals used.

Just received UPS last order of "Swirskii's" for last three -four weeks in flower room. Looking good. Will take some pics in a week or two. No chems "Certified safe meds". I'm a little surprised how good it turned out not using poison this time. Now hopefully my system will keep them away. I believe it will.

did not work for me

did not work for me

Is it necessary to have a 100x scope to see these mite or will a 60x work?

if your eyes are good and you are heavy infested 60 would prolly work. If you old eye's don't work great and you only have a few per plant if your like me you will never see them or the eggs. The only way I knew I had them was the damage I could not figure out ..(This was years ago) when everyone thought it was TMV including yours truly. Then I just used Judo one time and did not have them back for nine months...one time mild spray judo only...go figure.But oh yes they will be back unless you soak you medicine in prevent measure's meaning constant poison and a toxic build up...no-spank you very much...lol.And actually they are still there at your door waiting and watching for a slip up. So soak your meds every few months to keep them away or try the natural safe med way that many are trying now. One last thing if you hear anyone say they have a totally "Clean room" cause they use poison and they don't have to use it regularly to keep it that way...Well,l id be a little more than skeptical cause when you've had em you just can't BS those people as easily.

GreenGuySF

Propane Construction Heater?

Propane Construction Heater?

What up everyone??

After dealing with these fuckers I realize I have no choice but poisons or buy a big ass heater, I'm opting for a heater. I'm playing it safe in the global sense and not adding more toxic shit into the environment

Anyone know how to calculate BTU requirements to raise the temp by 20-25 degrees in a 12x20 room with 9.5' ceilings & poor insulation? With all lights turned on and the AC off, it's only getting up to like 95 degrees

Can I use one of those construction propane type heaters or is the carbon monoxides gonna be a problem? It's in my basement garage. Would CO be heavier than air and thus remain downstairs leaving the living spaces safe and carbon monoxide free, or would it be carried up by the convection current of the hot air rising?

THANKS!!!

Same problem hear

Same problem hear

What up everyone??

After dealing with these fuckers I realize I have no choice but poisons or buy a big ass heater, I'm opting for a heater. I'm playing it safe in the global sense and not adding more toxic shit into the environment

Anyone know how to calculate BTU requirements to raise the temp by 20-25 degrees in a 12x20 room with 9.5' ceilings & poor insulation? With all lights turned on and the AC off, it's only getting up to like 95 degrees

Can I use one of those construction propane type heaters or is the carbon monoxides gonna be a problem? It's in my basement garage. Would CO be heavier than air and thus remain downstairs leaving the living spaces safe and carbon monoxide free, or would it be carried up by the convection current of the hot air rising?

THANKS!!!

I got the same problem keeping my temps up .But we will figure it out. Using extra 1000 W lamps now and a small space heater. Been looking online. Can't help ya just yet, all this trial and error will work itself out I have a swimming pool heater that I am now connecting a heat proof tubing i am experimenting with diverting the exhaust heat from going out the roof that's near the grow room. google "bed bug heaters" the professionals use gas heaters to kill entire homes of bed bugs (proves we are on the rite track). But I get sticker shock when I look at those sorry can't help ya yet we will figure it our hopefully sooner rather than later. All the best..!

Greenguy, I used 1 1200w halogen heater (very cheap) and it was enough to help it go up to 129.7f. If one isn't enough I'm sure 2 would be. My room is 2.4m x 3.5 x 2.7, I have 4 600w lights on and no air movement during the heat treatment.

Some Old Dude, have you been in touch with truecannabliss? He's really struggling with his battle against the BM's, maybe you could help him with some things. Did your's come with clones, and if so do you know the strain/s?

I got my USB scope out again yesterday and again chose some of my worst affected growth and some of the freshest growth, including some that still appears to be stunted. I still can't find an egg or anything crawling further confirming an off gassing issue. I thought the room was pretty sealed from gasses, but either the plants took such a hammering and still struggling to shake off the effects of the poisoning, they did nearly die, or I still have something off gassing. I'm spending all my spare time this week changing things around and making improvements to the air circulation (too hot during the day intaking from the attic when its sunny out) and further sealing any suspects for off gassing.

All my plants are showing improvement but I'm still getting some leaves turning very glossy and to a lesser extent, still a bit blistered. I've never heard of anything blistering the leaves other than BM's which is why I was convinced I had a serious infestation. All the new growth looks completely normal, but as the leaves get larger some of them are turning glossy still, some not. They're also growing better with short spacing of internodes, whereas there was quite a stretch between internodes before this, but they're still pretty slow to say they're under 2 600w MH bulbs. All the stems are still virtually completely purple too, which isn't a good sign, as I'd have thought the growth would be green from when the off gassing was cured, as I've seen before, which makes me suspect there is till an issue there, just not as bad as it was before I put huge volumes of outside air through the room. I have some more clones rooting up, I may still have to ditch these and start again, but I'd like to see evidence that I've cleared the problem up before I bring them in here in the next week or so.

Retrogrow, its not really possible to move a plant to another area of the house under a flouro for a test as the whole of the house has newly glued down carpets and the grow room is the only room that doesn't have any, its the only part of the house that I have the opportunity to have a gas clear space. I'm trying to think of someone who can take one for a while though.

Trev

medicalmj

Veteran
What up everyone??

THANKS!!!

Retrogrow is the expert on heat treatments, maybe he'll chime in...

LEDNewbie

Veteran
My room is 12x16x8 with three 1000w gavita's in the room. I have to run three 1500w space heaters and it takes 1.5-2 hours to get my room up to 120 degrees.

Thinking you'd need 4 of those heaters to get the job done.

Good info thanks

Good info thanks

Greenguy, I used 1 1200w halogen heater (very cheap) and it was enough to help it go up to 129.7f. If one isn't enough I'm sure 2 would be. My room is 2.4m x 3.5 x 2.7, I have 4 600w lights on and no air movement during the heat treatment.

Some Old Dude, have you been in touch with truecannabliss? He's really struggling with his battle against the BM's, maybe you could help him with some things. Did your's come with clones, and if so do you know the strain/s?

I got my USB scope out again yesterday and again chose some of my worst affected growth and some of the freshest growth, including some that still appears to be stunted. I still can't find an egg or anything crawling further confirming an off gassing issue. I thought the room was pretty sealed from gasses, but either the plants took such a hammering and still struggling to shake off the effects of the poisoning, they did nearly die, or I still have something off gassing. I'm spending all my spare time this week changing things around and making improvements to the air circulation (too hot during the day intaking from the attic when its sunny out) and further sealing any suspects for off gassing.

All my plants are showing improvement but I'm still getting some leaves turning very glossy and to a lesser extent, still a bit blistered. I've never heard of anything blistering the leaves other than BM's which is why I was convinced I had a serious infestation. All the new growth looks completely normal, but as the leaves get larger some of them are turning glossy still, some not. They're also growing better with short spacing of internodes, whereas there was quite a stretch between internodes before this, but they're still pretty slow to say they're under 2 600w MH bulbs. All the stems are still virtually completely purple too, which isn't a good sign, as I'd have thought the growth would be green from when the off gassing was cured, as I've seen before, which makes me suspect there is till an issue there, just not as bad as it was before I put huge volumes of outside air through the room. I have some more clones rooting up, I may still have to ditch these and start again, but I'd like to see evidence that I've cleared the problem up before I bring them in here in the next week or so.

Retrogrow, its not really possible to move a plant to another area of the house under a flouro for a test as the whole of the house has newly glued down carpets and the grow room is the only room that doesn't have any, its the only part of the house that I have the opportunity to have a gas clear space. I'm trying to think of someone who can take one for a while though.

Trev

Never though of those halogen they are cheap thanks, will be checking that out for sure. As far as the BM's ya, Most people get there BM's from clones . I thought I was smart (let the opther guy grow the AAA+ genes )I'll keep a mother or two and all will be jake. Very famous clones dispensary in L.A. That ef'ed many people up like looking back it was a "fateful day" A day that changed my life forever. Grew from seed for thirty years never a single "Real" problem. Sometimes you gotta bite the bullet with your grow to have peace of mind. I would take a clone or two and completely move them out of the area you think your having "Offgassing problem" to move on to check that problem off the list I have seen pics of your plant very strange indeed those shinny glossy leaves almost looks like a micro nutrient toxicity or something weird. Hope you get that straight. In fact I would just do a "Double blind" use the same soilles or potting soil and nutes your using now on a separte clone moved to a completey differetnt place (you know does not have a "offgassing problem" and take another clone and use different planting medium and nutes. Really only way to take down a problem by elimination sometimes. Sometimes the great spirit steps in to help like when a notion came to me years ago telling me to use "Judo" on a crop cause I was a wits end had nothing really to lose then there was the problem of finding a source that sold what I could afford .Took a while but then I found a place that sold small 1 ml for twenty bucks. I remember when this hobby was so dam easy. I could go on vacation for a week or more away from grow no problem.Maybe you could find a friends house to move a couple of clones to or make a makeshift cabinet with a small bathroom fan in the cabinet that has fresh outside air constantly coming in for testing...? You said air from attic ...? is that where you always got your air...? That may be your problem. I would try to get air source fresh from outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts