What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Broad Mites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

the gnome

Veteran
note, Ive said you can use spectracide's triazicide and it will kill BMs, but it isn't an ovacide.
also
although it is veggie friendly it has a 60 days residual action so keep that in mind if you use it.
it is veggie friendly and you can harvest in a mater of a few weeks but the fruits have to be washed.
can't do that with herb, so after you use this stuff...60 dyas before harvest!
I'm sure peeps that use this will read the label thoroughly when i said veggie friendly
i want to make sure peeps know it is a 60 day harvest wait on this stuff

MedUser420

note, Ive said you can use spectracide's triazicide and it will kill BMs, but it isn't an ovacide.
also
although it is veggie friendly it has a 60 days residual action so keep that in mind if you use it.
it is veggie friendly and you can harvest in a mater of a few weeks but the fruits have to be washed.
can't do that with herb, so after you use this stuff...60 dyas before harvest!
I'm sure peeps that use this will read the label thoroughly when i said veggie friendly
i want to make sure peeps know it is a 60 day harvest wait on this stuff

Is the spectracide a spray? What dosage do you use?

LEDNewbie

Veteran
So picked up my USB Microscope just now. WIll try and get it working before I head to work tonight and then hopefully snap some pics for you guys tomorrow.....

Gotta say, clones look absolutely horrible after dunking them in that neem/Azamax mix. Leafs look very sick after! Lots of black spots, curling, just gross!!! WIll take pics of that as well. Gotta say my experience with Neem so far hasn't been very good. When I first got clones 4 months ago and dunked them all in just Neem oil and pretty much the same thing happened. I figured last time because I didn't mix the neem very well and clones got a heavy dose of oil. But this time I put everything in a bottle and shook the shit out of everything and it seemed to be mixed up quite well. SO I don't know what the fuck???

Good Ole Dog

Veteran
FYI: AND THIS IS IMPORTANT PEOPLE! NEVER USE THE SAME MITICIDE TWICE IN A ROW! THATS HOW ALL THESE RESISTANCES ARE OCCURRING..
Try "KONTOS" It's designed for BM's

Good Ole Dog

Veteran
If you are so careless that you find yourself ,applying miticides on a regular basis, then you need to pick 3 pf your favorites and start witht the one you've never used before and alternate them AS NEEDED never using the same one twice in a row. says so right on nearly all the labels of al the miticides.... If you get on here talking about resistances in your garden, then you are telling me you're not reading Labels.... tsk, tsk, tsk

the gnome

Veteran
Is the spectracide a spray? What dosage do you use?

no its not a spray, but a liquid.
i put it in those ortho dial a dose type fertz dispensers for easy hose spraying of large plant numbers.
the dose is around 3tbsp per gal?
something like that, its on the label.
this is also the stuff that's being by some as a root drench for root aphids in the sticky in this forum

the gnome

Veteran
If you are so careless that you find yourself ,applying miticides on a regular basis, then you need to pick 3 pf your favorites and start witht the one you've never used before and alternate them AS NEEDED never using the same one twice in a row. says so right on nearly all the labels of al the miticides.... If you get on here talking about resistances in your garden, then you are telling me you're not reading Labels.... tsk, tsk, tsk

its pretty well know in this thread about rotation of pesticides
but it can never be said enough.

not sure careless is the word to use for those battling broad mites.
I'm sure i got mine from white flies the BMs hitched a ride on.
I never traded a cut and there are no dispenseries in my state.

LEDNewbie

Veteran
FYI: AND THIS IS IMPORTANT PEOPLE! NEVER USE THE SAME MITICIDE TWICE IN A ROW! THATS HOW ALL THESE RESISTANCES ARE OCCURRING..
Try "KONTOS" It's designed for BM's

On the label it only states Kontos kills spider mites. Don't see Broad Mites anywhere??

the gnome

Veteran
On the label it only states Kontos kills spider mites. Don't see Broad Mites anywhere??

looking at the PDF from the prod. information bulletin for konto's
Its good on spider mites.
doesn't mention BMs.

but on the prod label it does mention it works on the the family of tarsonemid mites which
the broads are in.
but i wouldn't use this, there's better stuff on the market like avid, forbid, triazicide you'll get a better bang for your buck with.
especially @ $170 for only 8ozs... wow!, way too expensive for something that won't knock down and kills BMs when your showing symptoms... when we all need it the most.

Last edited:
scoped your plants
thats the only way you'll know for sure.

Broad mites were the problem was. Thanks everyone, already hit them with Forbid, following with Avid and the rest of Storm Shadow's recipe for BM death. Thank god, I can't do another half ass round of not knowing wtf is going on.
I tried everything, switched soil, switched nutes, sprays, teas, everything and never have even heard of broad mites. It so closely resembles a nutrient or pH problem. Thanks again. Only half way through week 2 of flower so hopefully they come back full strength.

the gnome

Veteran
hope you get a good harvest booboo, they can stunt blooms if too far into flower and
didn't get to them in time.

they are double nasty in bloom.
at least your under control and know what the scoop is now

LEDNewbie

Veteran
I forgot to take pics of what my clones look like, will do that tomorrow. But they look like SHIT!!! Pretty sure I killed some of them with that Azamax/Neem Oil dunk!!!

Anyhow I cut 3 leafs off my clones and just spent the last 30 minutes scoping them with my veho USB Microscope. I definitely don't think the Veho zoom in as much as my 100X microscope but anyhow this is what I saw... Let me know what you guys think. I will cut some leafs off my flowering plants tomorrow and have a look at them with the USB scope as well as my 100X scope.

RetroGrow

Veteran

Even if you kill all mites on your plants, by whatever method, they will come back, as they are in your house/property, and will re-enter. There is no resistance to heat.

Even if you kill all mites on your plants, by whatever method, they will come back, as they are in your house/property, and will re-enter. There is no resistance to heat.

Could not agree more. Infact, we have had excellent yeilds with both red spider mites and board mites been present. We managed these effectively by using Bio preditors.

kg beans

just thinking outside the box here and my appologies if this has been mentioned before but has any of you guys thought about using uvc light to try to combat these broad mites?

LEDNewbie

Veteran
Broad mites.....

Thanks for looking bud. I'm not doubting you in any way. But what do you see exactly and in what pic that makes you say broad mites?? Just trying to educate myself so that I know what the fuck I'm looking at!!!!! Hahahaha. Thanks :thank you:

Kcar

There are FOUR lights!
Veteran
picture.php

Immature BM in red
BM egg in blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts