What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BRIX Plus

I hope most growers who let their herb onto the black market out their have enough heart not to taint their harvested herb with adulterants such as Brix Plus. This bullshit is sprayed on plants right before chop and meant to look like trichs for added weight. Pisses me off that a company would actually come out with a product like this. Can't say for certain if I've ever gotten a bag of commercial nuggets that have been treated with this - but I'm pretty sure I have. The last bud I got, for instance, an unreal amount of "resin glands" fell thru my screen while breaking up less than a gram. I wouldn't be surprised if those weren't true glands at all - but this shiesty aldulterant. What fell thru was unusually white and all the glands looked very uniform. Usually all different sizes come thru my screen. It's too bad that cannabis isn't completely legal so this type of activity could be controlled by some type of administration. What have you guys heard about this bull? :fsu:

Lot's of adulterated herb floating round the U.K ,crunchy ,sweet ,shiny like diamonds .

I don't touch it ,use a micrscope to see what the adulturants are!

Blazed_Out

I've seen Brix'd bud a couple of times. Not nice at all!
When rolling a spliff (I roll backwards for less paper) I get that crunchy gritty sand-like shit in my mouth after I lick the spliff.

I refuse to smoke any bud that's been Brix'd!

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
clorox said:
tons of brixd buds alond the ny,vt,canadian border

Wow, I guess it's a good thing I've stopped buying weed recently, I've only bought two twenty bags in the past few months. I'm moving to the Burlington area in a month and hope to grow my own so I don't have to buy anymore. I'd be pissed if I got some of this.

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
Wet Cure Application
Removes chlorophyll, increases net weight, density, structure and natural aromas.
Gently agitate approx. 2000g of freshly prepared organic matter with 1 litre of BRIX-Plus formula. Saturate for between 10 - 15 min. Separate and dry cure as normal.

* Adds Weight
* Improves Colour
* Improves Taste
* Improves Yield
* Increases Maturation

So... you soak the harvested bud in this, and it does all the things above. So it's a weight-adding taste-altering dye to soak your plants in? No thanks.

G

thats fucking disgusting

anyway you think you could tell if buds have been brix's?

UmphreyMcgee420

Heady Connoisseur
Veteran
fucking wow....

i didn't even know shit like this even exsisted but im not supprised at all...

i hope no one from here would ever taint there delicious buds with some shit like

that. Thats shameful. im glad i only smoke the buds i grow or a close friend that

does.

fieldgrower

yeah those asshole's at hightimes are promoting the product now to, i seen it in the latest mag....scumbags, i tell ya...unbeilevable

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
I've never read High Times but I really have no desire to. From the soudns of it there's tons of ads, promoting all the "Legal Highs" and now this stuff, why waste your money?

dirtmcgirt

brix

brix

Sorry my shit english..

So the bad things:

-flour
-sand
-hairspray (to help the junk to stick )
-silicon
-glass

I think, brix is not too bad, from these replies:

[quote ]
brix plus is not a contaminant mate. its a foliar feed or soak that boosts brix levels when harvesting by helping break down the chlorophl into sugars rather than chloroform, it has nothing to do with adding thc like substances to your weed it acts internally and enhances the plant sugar levels. it has nothing at all to do with contaminated weed
[/quote]

[quote ]
my friend did have this spray once that smelled and tasted like juicyfruit gum once. Hed spray the buds at night then in the morning when wed roll 1 up all you cna smell is juicy fruit gum.
[/quote]

if used correctly its no different from any other brix raising foliar spray which are very common in indoor non organic gardens.
its not visible afters spraying and gets absorbed in to the plant. it does not look like resin glands

SO if its Improves Taste, Improves Yield, and Increases Maturation, and not visible, it's not bad thing.

It's really not visible?

Which id the better/effectivest method to improve yield with brix (whithout big sugar crystal visibility)? The foliar spaying before harvest, or wet cure application after harvest in brix bath. Or drying, then brix bath?

And which is the difference "Guerilla Gardener Brix Plus" and "Green Planet Hydroponics brix+"? Only the price? Both specification really similar, but the GPH is far cheapest.

Anybody Before-After Pics?

alot of these responses/posts are done so with complete ignorance. I use brix + as a foliar spray during flowering to help control disease Ex. powdery mildew. as well as increased yield taste and color. I use it along with the full line of House & Garden nutrient and have had nothing but good results. good luck. and fuck soaking your buds in anything after harvest. :joint:

are we all talking about the same product that peaceful valley farm supply sells
the one tom hill highly recommends??

these can't be the same things can they

Latest posts

Latest posts