What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

British Columbia sucks

G

Green Supreme

LOL, ya only 776 plants. C'mon it's not legal in B.C. ya know. 8 months seems not bad for a huge op. Peace GS

ps. wonder what he would have got in Texas?

D

deepforest

LOL, ya only 776 plants. C'mon it's not legal in B.C. ya know. 8 months seems not bad for a huge op. Peace GS

ps. wonder what he would have got in Texas?

back in the day he woulda got a fine. the golden years are over it seems

Hephaestus

C'mon - this is canada...

8 months - yet you only serve 2/3's - down to 5 months - doesn't say anything about bail? Does that mean he's getting 2:1 credit for the past year?

Guy's probably been out since the article was published... Harsh my ass...

t.o.med

harsher than it used to be.a few years ago i got popped with just under 3000 plants and 50lbs. all i got was 3 months house arrest and 6 months probation. my p.o. let me stop coming after 4 months.all the cops were really concerned about was the property they could seize and how a big bust furthered there careers.

mr noodles

C'mon - this is canada...

8 months - yet you only serve 2/3's - down to 5 months - doesn't say anything about bail? Does that mean he's getting 2:1 credit for the past year?

Guy's probably been out since the article was published... Harsh my ass...

is this a joke ?

jail time for weed not harsh :fsu:

Hephaestus

is this a joke ?

jail time for weed not harsh :fsu:
No, all seriousness... He's growing to make a quick buck; nothing more. He deserves to get some jail time. I don't have much sympathy for someone growing to make a 'quick buck'.

If he was a med user with >50 plants, that's one thing - but just to be turning a quick buck to get outta debt; he deserves some jail time. Especially after he's put his daughter through a drug treatment program - to do that then start growing; you're not in the culture, you're not about the plant - you're looking for $...

D

deepforest

No, all seriousness... He's growing to make a quick buck; nothing more. He deserves to get some jail time. I don't have much sympathy for someone growing to make a 'quick buck'.

If he was a med user with >50 plants, that's one thing - but just to be turning a quick buck to get outta debt; he deserves some jail time. Especially after he's put his daughter through a drug treatment program - to do that then start growing; you're not in the culture, you're not about the plant - you're looking for $...

lol. i gotta save this post to tell me grower friends that they are not enough into the dope "culture" as they should be to remain honorable weed growers. also i gotta remind them to keep it under 50 plants or they cant get into this special club

Hephaestus

Not saying that - just saying, he ships his daughter off to jail (rehab same shit) for smokin... Then decides to grow just because he's got a miniscule debt (c'mon I've paid off 30k just by slinging the 'za for a few months)... Pure and total greed and two-facedness... Deserves some jail time...

bigbag

Veteran
in every jurisdiction within B.C.,LEO knows about hundreds of op's(that they let operate).if u get 2 big 4 your britches,ie'over 100K per TURN!your dayz r #'ed !and is often the case,if LEO is called they have 2 respond

Quick

No criminal record doesn't tell the whole story.... prior investigations, any relations to organized crime, dollars spent on the investigation, perceived presence/attitude by the judge, your representation (if you have a known drug lawyer who regularily gets criminals off might seem like a good idea at the time but can come back to haunt you if you are convicted), and recommendations from police and prosecutors are all factors in a sentence.
Besides his story didn't make sense, he wanted to pay off $30,000 and he was growing 776 plants?
Shoulda said he was trying to pay off $300,000.... lol

D

deepforest

by the i love bc (except for the rednecks and when albertans decide to visit en masse) the thread title was a bit of a joke

P

PerthCountyCon

4 months is fuck all for a op like that , if the bill goes through your gonna be looking at 8 months for one plant......dude got of lucky.

NFR

Many of our American friends laugh this off. A couple of years ago you walk for a bust like that. I know of a guy who got a 7k fine for a 200(k) bulber....

Canada is now stricter than several states. This trend is scary.

H

hulkbogan

I haven't heard of anyone who has gotten jail time in BC for less than a few hundred plants.

The only busts I ever see in the news are big commercial indoor grows or big outdoor gardens that have garbage littered around them and seem pretty obvious.

Lot's of other busts happen of course but the police will just take the plants and equipment and usually no charges.

Aslong as your not trying to pull off some trailer park boys shit and your relatively low key it's pretty low risk.

Latest posts

Latest posts