What's new

Britain's Baked Beans, Idea for free seed collective

Big Beans

Beans Means Highns
ICMag Donor
EDIT: No need to keep this using only UK mums anymore, now we have Bedroom Baked Beans - Worldwide genetics for the indoors. Britain'sBakedBeans will refer to the outdoor UK breed we're doing, and any of those Exodus clones too.

I've been playing about with the idea of starting a free seed collective, where we can use the classic UK clones for breeding and distribute the seeds for free in competitions, given to friends, and giving to seedbay etc.

It will be a netwide thing not limited to this site and will be a chance to create backcrosses to things like Psychosis, or continue to make new and exciting F1 crosses mixing UK, Cali, & Worldwide genetics, but always starting with the UK Mums.

When I started growing 6 months ago I was gifted some White Diesel and Sour diesel IBL beans, from a very kind grower who was concerned about my partners health condition. It was a lovely gift and I want to continue to free the seed, and spread them around.

My home setup is modest (300w cfl veg and 250w HPS wardrobe) but I am willing to produce as many seeds as I can.

Here's the label that we could use for the packets

bbb2.jpg

To get started I thought the following would be nice, (based on the potential males I have in my seed stash)

Mother x Father

Bin Laden x (Mr Nice Dreamtime Male)

Psychosis x (SSH f2)

Super silver sour diesel haze x White Diesel

Blue Cheese aka stilton x Billy Goat's Oriental Express (Trainwreck x Thai)

Purple pineapple x Magic Merlin (Grandaddy Purple x Double Purple Doja)

UK Cheese x BubbleGumbo

UK Cheese x The Pure

The seeds will be distributed worldwide.
What do you guys think?

EddieShoestring

Florist
Veteran
good one-well-making seeds and sending them to people is a great idea but you'll have to drop the clone thing or it will all unravel fast

cheers
eddieS

Big Beans

Beans Means Highns
ICMag Donor
good one-well-making seeds and sending them to people is a great idea but you'll have to drop the clone thing or it will all unravel fast

cheers
eddieS

OK, why drop the clone angle, is it because of addresses being compromised or something?

Cheers

mrbiggs

ICMag Donor
Nice idea for a collective,hope it takes off. Sending clones is against the TOU.
:wink:.

Stay safe

Big Beans

Beans Means Highns
ICMag Donor
ok - i hear ya.

Maybe I'll start it up if i can find the clones in the real world,

although somebody that already had clones may like the idea, make some seeds, and then they're welcome to print off that label, not much more to it I suppose

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah man,, nice idea :yes: Do ya own thing! and start a revolution!

Make the seeds ,, package them out ,,, send them to seedbay as FREEBIES!! This is just one way of distributing genetics to the global community for FREE :yes: and esp. please,, make these available to Medi Community members !!!

The more UK collectives get involved now,, the better the outcome later on for the next generation of growers!

fritillary seed have been supporting this struggle,,, ever since we understood what it was :canabis:

picture.php

Remember,, "who dares wins"!!

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
P.S 'Psychosis x Pure' and 'Cheese x The Pure' have been crossed together by Suburban Seeds before :canabis:

B

bagseed77

great idea , just needs a little tweaking, i dont get always staRTing with uk moms, a killer lady is a killer lady no matter where she comes from, anyhoo , i liked seeing the bubblegumbo on your list, cool

motaloca

nice idea,
would love to make some U.k Cambodian crosses. PureXCheeseXcambodian haze
sounds stinky spacy
peace

oldpink

Un - Retired,
Administrator
Veteran
theres a couple of issues here

1) as already mentioned any trade in clones is illegal in general and against the IC Mag TOU
2) using IC Mag to promote any seed business without going through us is also against the TOU regardless of them being free
3) security issues regarding peoples personal info (name, address etc)
4) Distribution costs who will foot the bill for postage & packaging

I could go on and on about it but I think you get the point
however if you plan on a collective that will supply seeds to seedbay thats fine but we don't give away seeds
apart from the freebie's people get with orders.
Seedbay is a business with overheads, the server bills, staff etc

as to net wide and not limited to IC / Sbay sorry that won't happen here

Big Beans

Beans Means Highns
ICMag Donor
Cool glad for the positive response

I'm going to revise the idea and drop the clone anngle

Instead I will use only free seeds. I have an excellent white diesel mum that could start with

The same core idea of free giving will remain though.

Only free seeds given in kindness willbe used to produce more seeds

I dot mind footing the costs of some labels and baggies

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dude,, obviously you've gotta foot the bill for the labels and baggies yourself. and postage!
Collectively things can always happen,, but usually (IME) in a campaign such as this,, any costs will come out ya own pocket!

Sad to say,, in this day and age,, there's no such thing as a FREE meal.. cause someone always has to pay something,, no matter how hungry ppl are! Unless you eye-ball someone and place the seeds into their pockets ya self of course! Expos are the ebst place to do this,, sein :wink:

Like oldpink says see the IC Mag TOU to see what is and what isn't possible here :canabis:

One love :joint:

Big Beans

Beans Means Highns
ICMag Donor
Yeah man,, nice idea :yes: Do ya own thing! and start a revolution!

The more UK collectives get involved now,, the better the outcome later on for the next generation of growers!

Remember,, "who dares wins"!!

Absolutely, when I hit this scene a few months ago, like I said, I was gifted some White Diesel, and sour diesel ibls, I just want to continue that spirit of giving that I've found in this diverse, worldwide community.

Now, my indoor setup maybe small, but I currently have 13 girls in the wild (south england) guerilla style. I have some of my own blueberry crosses out there, that I may hit with some pollen.

girl x boy
(Blueberry x Pure Power Plant) x Billygoats Oriental Express (freebie from another auction site)
(Blueberry x White Widow) x Bubblegumbo
Blueberry x SSH f2

C

cork144

Cool, going to do this myself, do some extensively tested crosses with some nice strains, and gift the strains to IC.

i was going to take T.H seeds bubblegum and serious seeds bubblegum, cross the 2 strains together, cross produce seeds together to find the nicest f2 bubblegum x bubblegum males.

and use the males for my strains.

Big Beans

Beans Means Highns
ICMag Donor
Cool - The more people who create free seeds the better it is for the whole community, genepool gets more diverse, karma is enjoyed, etc

I got some bubblegumbo seeds the other day as freebies from the bay, never tried bubblegum before

Big Beans

Beans Means Highns
ICMag Donor
Do you mean something like this?
Any particular reason/significance only i can't stand anything royal

Accessories_Lionheart_Flag_MR8430_6981.jpg