What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

brewing beneficials for hydro

aerobuds

Il19 do you think liquid cultures would suffice? Do you think it would colonize on and in the roots w/o a medium? Could you say have a constant non stop tea brewing and running/sprayed on roots? I was thinking of maybe doing an aero/ shallow water culture where i brew tea non stop in the swc?

also IL19 if you could check out my thread I just posted on trichoderma i would love to hear what you have to say. Thanks

What would you guys say to a 100% organic hydroponic nutrient that all the organic matter is completely broken down into usable minerals from beneficials allready? This nutrient then would need no beneficials to process the organic matter into minerals. This process would already be done for you . What beneficials would be useful with this kind of nutrient? What other relationships do beneficials have with plants roots other than processing the organic matter into minerals?

...then your setup would no longer be NATURAL im afraid lol...

as a lot of KEY nutes for a plant that are derived from organic matter
are FORCED to be available to the plant via an EXCHANGE, plants gives up EXUDATES(usually) and Bac or Fung gives up minerals/nutes

The minerals and elements that a plant requires and how it works with these
minerals and elements is pure chemistry, the transferring of electrons and
rearranging of proteins that make up that element. Charges are what are important.

There are 2 forms of Nitrogen a plant can take up.

Ammonium FORM and Nitrate FORM

BUT different plants PREFER a form of nitrogen.
Trees like Ammonium and Greeny plants like Nitrate.

In other words.. you NEED those little guys.. because they are in the numbers
of BILLIONS and BILLIONS....all WANTING to work for the PLANT and the plant
work for YOU, at least make you happy.
(on that note im going out to smoke :p)

Its def an interesting idea, but youll never be able to have a NATURAL Hydroponic
setup WITHOUT the biology....lol kind of going against the whole natural aspect
them, no?

BUt hey, i dont know shit lol i just talk craziness, so take all my words
with a grain of salt ;)

abuldur

My interest in beneficial bacteria is mainly for protection against root rot and other pathogens.
They also allow me to grow at higher temps and keep my ph stable at 6,2.(this seems to be their thriving ph)

It is true that they transform organic wastes into plant food, but as i stated earlier ,i use floranova bloom so i don't rely on them to feed my plants.

I have now been doing this for a few years and this is what i came up with to promote bacterial life before planting a new round.
It is not so much about brewing beneficials than creating a favorable environment for them to colonize .

Once i harvest,i dump the solution and pull the plants out the hydroton taking as much roots as i can.
I then poor tap water (ph adjusted at 6,2) with hydrogen peroxide (30% food grade) at recommended dosage for sterilization and let it run for 24 hours.This will degrade and oxidize the remaining root bits and transform them into bacterial food.
I then dump a pack of beneficials ( GH subculture or AN tarantula) and let my aqua farms ,which are all linked RDWC way,run for 2 to 3 days before transplant.
A day after that i poor agave nectar in the solution in case the remaining root bits do not provide enough food for bacterial growth.

This method works for me hope i will help.

S

sourpuss

Go coco if u want to use organics with hydro. Never tried it but am interested. Myco works in coco as well. Only organics tho.

Latest posts

Latest posts