What's new

breeding question

58FLH

When making a cross of two different strains. Should you cross both a male and a female of each strain? Example: (Skunk male X Haze female, Skunk female X Haze male) would both crosses bear the same traits or does plant sex influence the traits carried through to the particular off spring? Thanks in advance for your answers.
peace and pot

fjällhöga

HazeAddictedFanatic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Skunk fem x Haze male is not the same as Haze fem x Skunk male .... this is true to 100%

but which gender shares which trait is not clear .... , you have to test it to be sure

Fj

58FLH

fja,
Thanks for the reply I'm by no means a breeder but when I do find interesting strains I do on occasion make the odd cross. Maybe one day I'll run on to something worth passing on to others. Right now I have a three way that's interesting but still shows two distinct phenos and I hadn't decided which one to try and preserve. The Sativa isn't a big producer like the Indica but the high is different too. Thanks again for the information.
peace and pot

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Yeah, Fjällhöga said it. For example, I think that Haze (fe) x SK#1 (m) is more hazier than SK#1 (fe) x Haze (m) would be.. But like said before, you have to test which traits were passed to the offspring!

The Sativa isn't a big producer like the Indica but the high is different too.

When given optimum conditions, sativa´s can yeild way more than any indica, depending the type of grow (indoor/greenhouse/outdoors) & strain!

However, I agree to the claim in the way, that usually quite pure sativa´s yeild less indoors than some yeilder indica, but like I said, it´s all about the growing conditions/strain/grower;)

Peace out!!!

fjällhöga

HazeAddictedFanatic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thats it ... if you can live with a longer flowering period you can reap as heavy harvest from sats as from indie´s ..

3 month flowered .. , really heavy yielding Afghan/Haze

Hey all,
I remember reading some ware (I think on these forums, although I could be wrong)
That the female determines the specific qualities of a cross, and the male the amount or strengths of these qualities, or something along those lines.

Anyone know anything like this as I too have been wondering about it.
Thanks

Latest posts

Latest posts