What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Breeding for CBD

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
PLease don't quote me out of context again :tiphat:

Are you trying to tell us that terpenes doesn't' do diddly in the medicine outside of taste? NOPE..... Light a lavender (Linalool) candle 30 min prior to going to bed and tell me it doesn't do diddly. That was discussed in the "terpenes thread".

You are missing the mark on numerous posts you've made, so I'm only surmising you missed my point that I made regarding the strains used in 1:1 strains. Maybe lighten up, READ. Geeze. (yikes!)

You are a breeder, kudos. You have years of experience and I will not question that. "Buddy's" Q (a novice) wants high CBD high THC and it must taste good. It is not as simple as that!

And I gave you our 3-4 just as an example that sell well in the USA, direct, seed site. Have your "Buddy" Google apt seed strains. NO REASON has some good ones on SeedBay, there's scads of breeders offering what your buddy wants.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
CBD doesn't suck. The minimal thc you get in CBD Hemp is part of the "entourage effect" you get with BOTH thc and CBD to help manage symptoms.

Terpenes are invaluable in regards to taste, if smoking.

For a little bit of background, hemp is defined in the legislation as the cannabis plant (yes, the same one that produces marijuana) with one key difference: hemp cannot contain more than 0.3 percent of THC (the compound in the plant most commonly associated with getting a person high). In short, hemp can’t get you high. For decades, federal law did not differentiate hemp from other cannabis plants, all of which were effectively made illegal in 1937 under the Marihuana Tax Act and formally made illegal in 1970 under the Controlled Substances Act—the latter banned cannabis of any kind.

It’s true that hemp policy in the United States has been drastically transformed by this new legislation. However, there remain some misconceptions about what, exactly, this policy change does.

There's significant, shared state-federal regulatory power over hemp cultivation and production. Under section 10113 of the Farm Bill, state departments of agriculture must consult with the state’s governor and chief law enforcement officer to devise a plan that must be submitted to the Secretary of USDA. A state’s plan to license and regulate hemp can only commence once the Secretary of USDA approves that state’s plan. In states opting not to devise a hemp regulatory program, USDA will construct a regulatory program under which hemp cultivators in those states must apply for licenses and comply with a federally-run program. This system of shared regulatory programming is similar to options states had in other policy areas such as health insurance marketplaces under ACA, or workplace safety plans under OSHA—both of which had federally-run systems for states opting not to set up their own systems.

In Europe, the thc limit I believe is <0.2% thc.

Invaluable = very valuable. Just so you know....

And I gave you our 3-4 just as an example that sell well in the USA, direct, seed site. Have your "Buddy" Google apt seed strains. NO REASON has some good ones on SeedBay, there's scads of breeders offering what your buddy wants.
pm inbound

Klompen

in·val·u·a·ble
adjective
extremely useful; indispensable.

Yes, Klompen.....I'm glad you GET IT!

I'm usually so tired when I post on here that I definitely don't always get it lol

I know its silly, but invaluable just seems like such a weird word to me. I get that its supposed to be beyond value, but I would think like supravaluable or maybe transvaluated might be better... "in" prefix just makes me think its negative like "incontinent"

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
I'm usually so tired when I post on here that I definitely don't always get it lol

I know its silly, but invaluable just seems like such a weird word to me. I get that its supposed to be beyond value, but I would think like supravaluable or maybe transvaluated might be better... "in" prefix just makes me think its negative like "incontinent"
It is that is why, I took it the wrong way. It reminds me of flammable and inflammable. They are synonyms but inflammable is used less and less. Inflammable is used in Quebec (French speaking) you will not see "flammable" though. Here in NS, it's flammable.

CaptainDankness

Yo whattup y'all. Trying to get an understandig on breeding for various cannabinoids, in this scenario CBD.

If using a variety like CBD crew's "CBD Therapy" which lists the following as it's description:

Basically I want to put CBD dominant plants together with THC dominant plants and search the prognency for high ratios of CBD to THC in the resulting seed. The idea is to put traits from the non CBD types into the CBD rich stuff and work some lines that way a little bit. Does that make any sense? Anyone working any stuff this way care to share any advise?

Thanks
If you want to do what CBD Crew does you need to set up a little testing lab. They test everything including the offspring and all, if you do anything less than CBD Crew I'd rather buy from CBD Crew as they really ain't too expensive for what they offer. I just prefer high THC myself, grew out the CBD Crew Yummy tasted amazing, just didn't get you stoned.

Of course, anyone could do it, just going to take a lot of time and money (mostly for testing) then you have to compete with CBD Crew with reasonably priced seeds. Definitely easier to breed and sell high THC seeds, but you end up becoming as good as CBD Crew you could make millions, they make CBD enriched seeds for a lot of seed companies, I'm pretty sure they've made a few million from the CBD Crew, the money is there, but it's going to take a bit of money to start out properly.

regseeds

If you want to do what CBD Crew does you need to set up a little testing lab. They test everything including the offspring and all, if you do anything less than CBD Crew I'd rather buy from CBD Crew as they really ain't too expensive for what they offer. I just prefer high THC myself, grew out the CBD Crew Yummy tasted amazing, just didn't get you stoned.

Of course, anyone could do it, just going to take a lot of time and money (mostly for testing) then you have to compete with CBD Crew with reasonably priced seeds. Definitely easier to breed and sell high THC seeds, but you end up becoming as good as CBD Crew you could make millions, they make CBD enriched seeds for a lot of seed companies, I'm pretty sure they've made a few million from the CBD Crew, the money is there, but it's going to take a bit of money to start out properly.

Almost anybody with 2 brains cells can put together a stable clone with the right ratios and can keep costs down by using DIY TLC from home.

Producing stable seed sounds simple but no offence to the OP he does not know half what is required for that job. Overly optimistic at best

However within a few generations of a clone he can have what he wants

Latest posts

Latest posts