What's new

Breeding down my lines with Tonygreen

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ok the ICxBS2.2 3 of 4 I had vegged out showed male in 7 days, the last one threw pistils today!

Here were the boys before I chopped em. 2 were very similar to the girl I'll show later and one was a much shorter plant. All responded well to topping with vigorous new shoots and fast recovery.

Im looking forward to running a bunch next time when I am looking through the f1s more see what we find.

I cut the 2 big boys then today I seen pistils, the last one looked just like them so I thought it was a boy for sure, since it was a girl I fished that big bushy boy out of the trash and chopped all but a couple small side branches and stuck him back in dirt with his little rootball, we'll see if he lives. Im thinking If he makes it I will cross him with his twin and run some of those f2's next to a line of my f1's and see whats there and do a little genotype testing.

I kept the shorter bushy boy in bonsai dad form to maybe mess around with the sour bub to hone in on the indica traits, incidentally they all had a very powerful effervescent smell but the small one was the most pungent "loudest" of them all. Maybe he has a little aa in him. :D

I know its a mess in there atm... cleaning up this weekend.

Pics of the ICxBS2.2 girl to follow!

:tiphat:

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Of the 3 test BS2.2 f3's I made 1 showed balls at 8 days and the other 2 showed pistils at 10. Nearly identical looking. These f3's are showing good vigor. I'll post pics soon.

The boy has a strong smell, its nice to have the pure BS 2.2 f3's next to my ICxBS crosses so I can compare smells and plant structure. I will use him to make f4's.
My main focus in that line is working her down to hopefully have a gene pool to pull fairly homogenous males to outcross with, looking for purpling, bushy indica features and trich coverage.

She seems to have blended well with the IC from what I can tell from this limited test.
I predict (not that means much at this point) there will be 2 main phenos in that f1 line, perhaps the above pics will be indicative of that, we'll see when I run numbers next time. I will test to see next run when I pop a whole bunch of my f1's of that cross instead of this small number.

Im gonna root some clones and do a cold test in the fridge to check for purpling stay tuned.

:thank you:

@Ice Cream fans, I am looking to hopefully keep that special meditative trancelike creative high we get from her. Somethign to think about, would you rather see her taken to the sativa side or the indica side? The mother was the "hand grenade pheno" Ill be on the lookout for that trait too as we go.

Personal preference is simply a more uniform plant, that would be a huge improvement in my eyes as we get to many phenos from the fems up for grabs.

O

OKD

Not much to add, Tony, never had IC meself. Awesome work! Can't wait to see the fridge test!

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here is my rescued father to be of the blind f2 line, twin to the girl who showed today...

I butchered off his top, he'll make it he was only in the trash for two days....

:laughing:

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here is the healthy bonsai dad of ICxBS2.2 straight indica pheno...

Theyll be chillin under a t-5 strip and get chopped back ass needed until they are called upon to do their duty heh.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran

Couple of Blue Satellite 2.2 f3 moms, near identical responses to topping, recovery, veg and so far early flowering, also near identical smells from stem rubs, quote a potent effervensence.

These moms will later be used to make a line of f4s if they frost up in near identical fashion.

Mikenite69

Veteran
Wow tony this should be very interesting to watch for sure. Sounds like a interesting cross though I have never tried blue sat or ice cream it sounds interesting but those are two strains I have been looking to get eventually is deep chunk and blue sat. So I'll be watching this thread for sure to see how all your hard work pays you back in the long run should be interesting for sure.

Latest posts

Latest posts