What's new

Breeders and seed banks. What's the deal lately?

iBogart

Veteran
I would imagine well established seed banks in Canada and the Netherlands would be looking to open up shop in Colorado. Anyone heard anything on this? Also, are retail shops currently selling seeds to non med customers?

StitchMonkey

In Colorado, you can sell seeds in stores yes, but seeds and clones are . . . very popular lately and frequently out. One hurdle is that for the first year only people that have been doing business as a medical dispensary may apply (well I guess get approved) for recreational licenses. So a foreign company would need to either wait (which they may be doing) or get some kind of deal worked out with an established dispensary. My guess is they are waiting. Even then, I believe they would need to grow and produce their own seeds locally, some may not go for that. We may see more Colorado specific strains coming out of CO seed shops.

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
Some places sell clones and some sell seeds. I don't know about recreational yet. I scoured Denver area looking for seeds and only a few places have them. The dispensaries don't want the competition I guess. The way the law reads to me is that a breeder must have Colorado grown and only sell to Colorado residents. There are already a few nationally known branches of breeders here. They are only very loosely affiliated with the breeders you have heard of. Reserva Privata medical. Rare Dankness medical. I think Centennial Seeds is still around although they had hermi problems.

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
I think it depends on the shop if it went recreational or not. I know the Clinic chain of shops sell seeds in a couple of their stores but I don't know if those exact shops went recreational. The clone shop I go to is strictly MMJ and they count the clones you buy up to 6 which is the legal number for plants. Out of state LEO are pulling over people with Colorado vehicle plates looking for weed so clones wouldn't be safe.

patsfan420

hey BOMBAYCAT im new to colorado and trying to get some questions answered pm me please. when you have some time
thanks

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
I don't think the canadian and dutch seedbanks have the genetics that the people in Co want anyway do they? atm at least..

Also federally ganja is illegal still isn't it, so if you are trying to operate internationally whilst also in a couple states where it is "legal" to sell seeds then you will be liable to getting your accounts frozen, money seized and extradited, they are clever gangsters in the US gubmint, they leave every option open they can to be able to arrest you and take your money, if they so choose to at some point.

I wouldn't have thought anyone not from america would be insane enough, no matter how much there was to me made. Just look at Gypsy in jail in the Philippines as we speak with Team Amurica trying to get his ass into that over sized penitentiary..

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
they have thriving legal business models why would they want to be on the feds radar

patsfan420

I think you need 50 posts to use PM.
yeah you are right i can not pm anyone.. i am in pueblo area trying to find out if i can grow 6 and my wife can grow 6 in same tent ? and is there anywhere around here to get beans or cuts? i have my own beans from back home but was looking for some new strains..

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
The Marisol MMJ in Pueblo is quite well known and has been written up in High Times several times. It is family owned and many of the workers are family including their granny. I don't know if they have cuts and seeds though. I get my clones in North Denver in LaContes clone bar near me. I have not been serious about getting seeds around here as customs got some seeds last fall (not from SeedBoo). Only some of the MMJ sell seeds and I think law says recreational would sell you up to an OUNCE of seeds but I have not been into many recreational stores. Some of the Clinic chain of shops sell Reserva Privata Colorado grown medical seeds and there is one Cindy cross there which looks interesting to me.

patsfan420

thanks for info.. i really need a high cbd strain and need to know plant counts i was told in denver my wife and i could each grow 6 plants but was told it was different for each county. i love marisol so far even got to meet tommy chong there. anyways the cbd is for family member with seizures but finding charlottes web is harder then i thought.. any info on plant counts would be useful..

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
I think Charlottes web has their operations out of Glenwood Springs but they have a waiting list because they are so popular nationwide. Is there anything for high CBD seeds on the internet you could get? I haven't seen anything for those seeds around here. The next time I go to LaContes Clone Bar I will look for cuts of CBD plants. You should be good to go with 12 plants in a tent in your house if you lock up the house or maybe throw a lock on the grow room. It is a state law for the plant counts so all counties must allow grows of 6 per person. The counties are allowed to opt out of having MMJ or recreational shops, but they still must allow possession and grows. I have an issue with my fence around the back yard. The law says secure and locked area (to keep the rippers out). I have a locked gate, but the fence is the typical 6 foot cedar fence probably someone can climb over.

homebrew420

For seeds and the like we have a load. Rec side will be opening soon and all seeds will be available. I can post the list here in the CO area if anyone likes. We have a ton of hybrids using true males; Tahoe og, Mazar-i-sharif (afghan landrace), Tangerine Kush, Chocolate Thai, Double Purple Dojo, Jamaican landrace, and others. Been working at this professionally at this now for 3 years. We have grown out MANY seeds of our own creation and found fire in most even with small 10 plant test runs.
We are currently working to find the new flavor combination that will wow folks both veterans and beginners. Flag ship varieties in seed form are coming. The TRUTH, Magik, Captain Jack, Lost Tribe, and many more. 14er Holistics in boulder

Peace

homebrew420

currently working on this as fast as possible. We have a variety called, Tange-istan, Tange Haze x PCK. Showing decent levels around 1:1 and 1:4 on approximately 30%+ flowers tested. Massive tangerine rind aroma and flavor. Decent yields, vigorous and a frost bomb.
We are also working with the R14er, an R4 s1, tested at 21.39% CBD and 0.91% THC. She is difficult though, incredibly slow growing.
Also have a few hybrids of our Dudes Tange, tnagerine flavor and a 1:1 cbd:thc 10%. Hope this helps

Peace

Latest posts

Latest posts