What's new

Breeder packs vs super stealth shipping

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
I only use SBay/Boo. (and as long as they send me free seeds for saying so, I will continue to... KIDDING).

The one time I didn;t they got nabbed. Replaced, yes, but who want to have your address out there in the same place that the 'green tape' comes from..? Not Me.

'Herpies' has a lot of customers, so it's safe to assume most packages get to their destination.

Years ago, I DID get an order of something unavailable elsewhere, from a small Dutch co. come to think about it.

But, since that pack got snagged from SMan Seeds, it's only Bay / Boo. For Me. Or a sojourn to A'Dam.

I don;t trip on it, but security whenever possible is my choice. This biz is rough enough.

Cheers.

Terpz

what's a breeder pack?

'Breeder Packs' are the original packaging done by 'the breeder' before sending off to venders, these usually have tamper-proof-seals. 'Stealth Packs' are the original seeds but removed from the breeders pack and placed in a plain little baggie (breeders packs usually have genetic lineage, pics, etc.) for easier/ stealth shipping. Venders having trouble with packages getting sniped at customs are typically pushing for the 'stealth' option. Therein lies the issue with trust and junk seeds replacing the real gems you ordered. From my experience, they are on to 'registered/certified' packages going through customs, therefore, request to have your goods shipped 'guaranteed/regular mail' instead. Hope this helped. Best!

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
'Breeder Packs' are the original packaging done by 'the breeder' before sending off to venders, these usually have tamper-proof-seals. 'Stealth Packs' are the original seeds but removed from the breeders pack and placed in a plain little baggie (breeders packs usually have genetic lineage, pics, etc.) for easier/ stealth shipping. Venders having trouble with packages getting sniped at customs are typically pushing for the 'stealth' option. Therein lies the issue with trust and junk seeds replacing the real gems you ordered. From my experience, they are on to 'registered/certified' packages going through customs, therefore, request to have your goods shipped 'guaranteed/regular mail' instead. Hope this helped. Best!

Thats too funny... what's your indicator?

That reads as if cannabis seeds are the only thing sent via registered/certified mail which is absolutely not the case.

I've made orders from several places over the years. None have been any less reliable than the others. All packages ordered have arrived as anticipated. Only issue I've ever encountered was getting something I didnt order @ the Zon. SB/SB have always been good w the extras included w an order.

Stealth or not seems to not matter anymore.
Especially considering that most breeders DON'T use tamper proof packaging.

Terpz

Thats too funny... what's your indicator?

That reads as if cannabis seeds are the only thing sent via registered/certified mail which is absolutely not the case.

Stealth or not seems to not matter anymore.
Especially considering that most breeders DON'T use tamper proof packaging.

My indicator is experience, like with most other topics. Places like TheTude use the same return address with the same packaging methods. How could customs not catch on to that? I and most would suggest using a different method. There are enough good breeders locally, you shouldn't have to deal overseas. I'm not sure MJPassions' indicator, as for his BOLD statement on breeders packs and tamper proof seals.? These are breeders, I regularly hunt with, who use tamper proof packaging to ensure your getting exactly what they intended i.e. Bodhi, Crockett/RP/DNA, Exotix, Franchise/UP, OGRaskal, RareDankness, SinCity and then others I'm not so fond of that also use tamper-proof packaging i.e. CaliConnect, GHS, Barneys, DutchPassion.. the list goes on. I haven't seen a breeders pack in a few years that didn't use tamper-proof sealing and think it's becoming a new standard. It makes me, and others with trust issues, feel good. Perhaps MJPassion can share which breeders DON'T use tamper proof packaging, for those curious? Cheers!

CoCoSativas

My indicator is experience, like with most other topics. Places like TheTude use the same return address with the same packaging methods. How could customs not catch on to that? I and most would suggest using a different method. There are enough good breeders locally, you shouldn't have to deal overseas. I'm not sure MJPassions' indicator, as for his BOLD statement on breeders packs and tamper proof seals.? These are breeders, I regularly hunt with, who use tamper proof packaging to ensure your getting exactly what they intended i.e. Bodhi, Crockett/RP/DNA, Exotix, Franchise/UP, OGRaskal, RareDankness, SinCity and then others I'm not so fond of that also use tamper-proof packaging i.e. CaliConnect, GHS, Barneys, DutchPassion.. the list goes on. I haven't seen a breeders pack in a few years that didn't use tamper-proof sealing and think it's becoming a new standard. It makes me, and others with trust issues, feel good. Perhaps MJPassion can share which breeders DON'T use tamper proof packaging, for those curious? Cheers!

Ive ordered from attitude loads of times.

Lol attitude even lists their super stealth. Do you think customs can check every sock, tshirt and purse that leaves the uk? Plus its a legal biz there just like it is in canada.

Loads of breeders dont use tamper proof packs. Never had a problem. Ive bought maybe 25 000£ plus in seeds in the last 7 years. The list of breeders who use those types of packs is small, mr nice is good like that

hamstring

Veteran
I agree that breeder packs are not impossible to fake but its another layer. Can you imagine, not that it probably doesnt go on, a seed distributor taking the time to fake breeder packs.

Wow, I mean its just a guess but what do you think the average order is? Sure some people throw down hundreds to thousand of dollar a year but I'm guessing that most orders are 10 seeds or under. Again just an opinion but that sounds like a lot of work for a business just to garnish a little extra margin dollars.

On the other hand I would guess that most orders are coming from new growers and shipping stealth could lead to sticky hands.

So even if the company is reputable the guy making $8.25/hr packaging the seeds may not be. He may have some F1 seeds from a buddy who grows a similar strain to put in your package. Now he can resell the real seeds. That was my main concern as the thread starter. Where does all the company theft come from EMPLOYEES not outside of the company.

How do you combat that? I dont think you can you have to take it up the tail pipe and grin and bear it.

CoCoSativas

I agree that breeder packs are not impossible to fake but its another layer. Can you imagine, not that it probably doesnt go on, a seed distributor taking the time to fake breeder packs.

Wow, I mean its just a guess but what do you think the average order is? Sure some people throw down hundreds to thousand of dollar a year but I'm guessing that most orders are 10 seeds or under. Again just an opinion but that sounds like a lot of work for a business just to garnish a little extra margin dollars.

On the other hand I would guess that most orders are coming from new growers and shipping stealth could lead to sticky hands.

So even if the company is reputable the guy making $8.25/hr packaging the seeds may not be. He may have some F1 seeds from a buddy who grows a similar strain to put in your package. Now he can resell the real seeds. That was my main concern as the thread starter. Where does all the company theft come from EMPLOYEES not outside of the company.

How do you combat that? I dont think you can you have to take it up the tail pipe and grin and bear it.

Well if it dosent look like the pics or strain should dont buy there again. Lesson learned right? Its like any buisness sometimes you loose god i mean i have had great luck and but sometimes packs get lost it happens. Most times if you order stealth they garentee shipping and have tracking.

Ive bought lots from re sellers and always got what i paid for but im picky who i shop with and have learned the hard way once or twice bad service or old beans happen. I have a buddy who lost a 30 pavk order to customs, every pack was about 100 bucks plus and he just took the licking because he didnt order from somewhere reputable and garenteed. I like attitude, vancouver seed bank, will totally try seed boutique, hemp depot, a few others. Go to breeders sites and look for authourized resellers or seach out authourized re sellers because they are listed and listed so for a reason.

I had lots of great results from attitude. I know they make things right anyone remember the fake dj short gear story?

hamstring

Veteran
I thought I would put this thread to bed.

The seeds arrived in a very timely manner I am very grateful to Herbies for that.

I wanted to add something that I dont want misconstrued as flaming or what ever the new hip terminology is. This is simply info for my IC mag family. Herbies super stealth packaging has a lot and I mean a lot!! to be desired. The Tude's packaging is what i would actually consider stealthy.

If anyone wants to refer the local IC mag Herbies rep to my thread that's fine but I'm not going to go over there and poke my finger in anyone's eye.

So thank you Herbies and most of all thank you ICmag community.

CoCoSativas

The seeds arrived in a very timely manner I am very grateful to Herbies for that.

I wanted to add something that I dont want misconstrued as flaming or what ever the new hip terminology is. This is simply info for my IC mag family. Herbies super stealth packaging has a lot and I mean a lot!! to be desired. The Tude's packaging is what i would actually consider stealthy.

If anyone wants to refer the local IC mag Herbies rep to my thread that's fine but I'm not going to go over there and poke my finger in anyone's eye.

Well if you didnt like the stalth tell them, though theres a few tricks to it so you dont need to do it as stealthy as you might think,the way its sent is its stealth. Anyway if you want me to elaborate ask via pm.

Also most garentee if siezedby customs or mail theft and its super stealth they resend

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran

I agree herbies is a great seedbank with many positives but both their regular shipping and their super stealth are not very stealth at all.

I use another seedbank that offers super stealth and their shipping method is awesome herbies shipping needs improvement.

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
Whenever I order from the tude or others, I always go for the stealth shipping, and I never had a problem. Expect the same for next weeks orders. :)

matt11

I always get breeder packs. Like the other dude said some seed have tamper proof packaging. I feel going super steLth is not worth it removing them out the pack.

DarthFader1

Veteran
Hello all

Looking for some advice here. I have been purchasing seeds through the mail for over 20 years. Well actually a little less my first few seed adventures were going to the Dam to pick up seeds personally. Those were the days.

I am ordering a hard to find strain from a company that I have never purchased from. Not sure if ICmag will let me put their name here. The spelling is close to "herpies" if that helps.

Anyways they received my cash and sent me an email stating, "because of my area we would like to remove the seeds from the breeder packs and ship this super stealth." The route to me goes through the Ohare airport and I have heard of problems but have never and I mean never had any problems.

I am just concerned if the seeds are removed from the breeder packs it is impossible to know if I got what I ordered. They reassured me and told me that the package would be too large if they put the breeder packs in the super stealth packaging and that too would draw unwanted attention.

I am by no means questioning their integrity but always prefer the breeder packs. Anyone have experience with this company or breaking breeder packs in general? :tiphat::tiphat:

Hi Hamstring,

I have made numerous orders from Herbies and i ALWAYS receive the email asking to ship super stealth aka not in breeders packs.

Whilst i would totally prefer shipping in breeders packs, ive come to accept this is the way they do things. Fwiw i ONLY order expensive genetics such as Rare Dankness and 1000% the genetics you pay for are what you receive. No way herbies would purposely send other seeds than what you paid for.

That's been my experience anyway, so hope that provides some peace of mind for you

peace
darth

Edit: Also yes i agree LOL @ herbies super stealth packaging, its far from superstealth but it gets through to me every single time and i live in a country with very high bio-security measures. Plus they offer guaranteed delivery so there is that too

Sativan

They are very trustworthy. That particular seller is great! I get all my beans from them. I get the breeders pack simply b/c I like looking at them. They are an honest group of folks. Do as they suggest b/c they know where the beans get picked-off.

bigAl25

Veteran
I would give Nirvana a big ups on their stealth shipping. Hell, I almost couldn't open the package with my hands, had to use a knife and be very careful. I have lost seeds before, but they did replace them, so I'm happy. Best of luck and their stealth is very good.

Latest posts

Latest posts