What's new

BREAKING NEWS: Massachusetts Lawmakers To Debate Marijuana Legalization Measure Tomor

Grizvok

250/Ounce
roflcopter.gif

of course they fuck up the amounts for taxation, other than that how REFRESHING.

but seriously 250? like everyone won't evade that.

Luckily they threw this in there "Subject to approval by the general court, such excise shall be adjusted by the authority from time to time as necessary to maximize the revenue derived therefrom, and to minimize the incentive for the sale of cannabis not in accordance with the provisions of this act."

If this is passed, I'm assuming they'll be changing the excise rate much sooner rather than later because as it is presently not many people are going to put up with such a ridiculous number.

Pythagllio

Patient Grower
Veteran
I think the politicians in MA have been adding up the $100 tickets and realize the potential revenue. They don't call it Taxachussetts for nothing. Once the politicians realize there's revenue available from outside their 'core' constituency they'll be on it like flies on a dead squirrel. Money talks, bullshit walks.

TooNormal

While I think the 250 tax might be excessive, the domino effect it could have on other states could still be impressive if they manage to pull it off before California. It would at least start forcing the Fed's hand to consider whether this is an issue best left to the states.

If both California and Mass. both go near the same time, it will definitely force the issue at the federal level.

C

corkushy

Massachucetts legalize marijuana Bill no.2929

Massachucetts legalize marijuana Bill no.2929

http://www.mass.gov/legis/bills/house/186/ht02/ht02929.htm

TOday oct,14 massachucetts state will try to pass bill no.2929 an act to tax and regulate marijuana.
I hope this bill passes being an owner of a home in this state makes it even better :joint: ANY ONE HERE ANY NEWS ABOUT THE BILL AS OF YET

C

corkushy

i was to busy to look i have buds that need trimming and a mother that i must take clones from or i will fall behind sched.

Storm Crow

Veteran
So have you guys all sent your local politicians their copy of "Granny Storm Crow's list"? (It's linked in my sig) Unless they understand just how amazing cannabis is as a medicine, they won't vote for it! We must educate the doctors, politicians and the general public about cannabis! Counteract all those years of government lies!

Granny

hazy

Veteran
I really wish the 'legalize it and tax it' crowd would go away.
Fuck the government and fuck paying taxes for something that's tax free now.
Cali got legal pot with no taxes.

Aeroguerilla

I’m God’s solider, devil’s apostle
Veteran
I live in MA and let me tell you this wont pass anytime soon. this is a police state, havnt you seen the departed? this shit wont pass anytime soon and if it does ima be HEATED tax my herb??? assholes

Megas

I really wish the 'legalize it and tax it' crowd would go away.
Fuck the government and fuck paying taxes for something that's tax free now.
Cali got legal pot with no taxes.
Not everyone is a med user, I dont think everyone wants their insurance to know they are a med user either. I'm sure they'll use this as a wait to cut people eventually.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Yeah, I'm sure folks will line up to pay that tax when they can make a couple phone calls and get it without the tax.

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
As an ex-Masshole let me tell you, they could give weed away in Ma. and it would still be a shitheel state.
Ma. Sucks. Im so glad I left and moved to a "free" state.
I dont care if they made weed free in Ma. Im never going back.
Taxachusetts, never missing a chance to fleece the taxpayers.

J

JackTheGrower

With $250 an ounce tax, everyone involved is a drug dealer including Government.

Also it keeps the Black Market stable..

So why are the growers and sellers who are willing to risk prison now for profit against such a high tax?

Just a thought Guys...

i thought it stated that you could only sell an oz of cannabis above 10% thc for $250?

i dont know about you guys but id pay tax rather than go to jail. everyone has their "pride" to deal with but mine doesnt include big bubba and some cornbread.

how you going to feel going to jail over $1500/ yr tax for growing? when your making that in any given month (or week)...

Latest posts

Latest posts