What's new

Breaking News from Unitedforcare Florida: What is going on with the petition?

Breaking News from Unitedforcare Florida: What is going on with the petition?

• Yes!

Votes: 11 29.7%
  • Not Yet-Soon

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • No

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • I'm not in Fla Unfortunately Or I Would

Votes: 21 56.8%

• Total voters

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What is going on with the petition?

ufc-logo.png

Dear Tudo,

I know it’s a question that is on everyone’s mind. We’ve launched a new website, but where is the petition?

The answer is: it’s coming soon.

The first thing John Morgan said to me when we started working on this campaign was, “Get Mills to make sure the petition is right.” Mills is Jon Mills, former Dean of the University of Florida Law School and one of the best constitutional lawyers in the state.

Jon is currently working on redrafting the language so when we get to the state supreme court we have the best chance possible of standing up to any challenge.

We are preparing to re-launch the petition in early June. At that time, we'll post the new one on the website, and we'll need your help to spread it far and wide. We’re going to need to collect nearly 1 million signatures to do this, so your help will be crucial.

In the meantime, our goal is to make people aware of the campaign and build our volunteer “Army of Angels” before we relaunch.

Here's how you can help spread the word, in two easy steps:

Step 1: Go to http://www.unitedforcare.org/recruiting . If you see the words "NON TRACKING LINK" you need to log in here so that we can track those you recruited back to you. If you see the words "YOUR PERSONALIZED TRACKING LINK" then you are already logged in. (If you haven't already created an account, click here.)

Step 2: Copy the personalized link and share it with as many of your friends as you can. Post the link on Facebook and Twitter, asking them to sign up.

The more people that know about our campaign ahead of time, the more successful we'll be when someone is actually presented with a petition.

Thank you for your commitment and assistance.
Ben Pollara
Campaign Manager
United for Care

P.S. If you have signatures you’ve already collected, please send them to us at P.O. Box 560296, Orlando, FL 32801. We will collect all the information so we can go back to those folks with our new petition. Thanks!

Thank you for your support.

John Morgan
Chairman
People United for Medical Marijuana
www.UnitedforCare.org

Paid for by People United for Medical Marijuana, 20 North Orange Avenue, Suite 1600, Orlando, FL 32801

-=-=-
United for Care · Coral Gables, FL, United States

Booyah!

Last edited by a moderator:

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I wonder if there could be an additional provision or petition.......from some of the MILLIONS of people who come to Fla every year or who own winter homes and are domiciled elsewhere ?

Surely voices from elsewhere are important here. The state of Fla tried to make Canadians get a special Fla drivers license a couple months ago, that the International/Canadian license wasn't good enough. Boy oy boy the Canucks justifiably were pissed off and when you are a welfare state you really don't want one of the best sources of income to be pissed off and so Canadians are welcome to Fla any damn way they want to be.

Make your voice known if you visit Fla or would like to visit. I have spoken to a number of people in other states who would all MOVE to Fla, invest in a house, etc and retire if they could just get around the cannabis even a decrim of an oz or more as insulting as that may be would be better than what it is.

Governor Scott, Tear down this wall of prohibition. Or step down as governor. Hows that for a deal Govnah? Can you see Charlie Christ and John Morgan in your nightmares at night? Make them go away tomorrow morning. Just wake up, go to the governors office, call a press release and make a statement that you will have arrested any federal agents in the state of Fla who go after anyone for cannabis, that Fla is a free state and the people who live in it or visit, over the age of fill in the blank ___ can indulge any time they like.

You'll be re-elected if you do. You won't if you don't :tiphat:

OLDproLg

Veteran
Great post!!

Lets get going FLA NOW..........
1 million is gonna be hard first go round?
This state is crucial to legal MJ in the usa.
the domino is about to fall,and hopefully gov scott!!!!!!!
if that asshat sees enuff money he may go for it the greedy bastard.

Morcheeba*

Veteran
I wonder if there could be an additional provision or petition.......from some of the MILLIONS of people who come to Fla every year or who own winter homes and are domiciled elsewhere ?...

i think it should be mandatory to allow mmj patients from other legal states to freely travel to Fla w/mmj just like every other pharmaceutical.

peace

Drift13

I read the other post first and posted this update from United for Care there. Sorry... :hide:
But at least we know what's going on with the petitions.

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's what's going to happen ( my prediction ). This personal injury ambulance chaser is going to start making excuses as we approach the 2/1/14 deadline and it's going to go something like this" Ah wus willin to put up the money but when ahh saw the overwhelmin support I chose to wait and that was mah mistake, ahhm sorry", "however, mah friend charlie christ is running for governor and even though he hates cannabis he's willing to have me as a running mate and together we'll get the job done after you put us in the state house".

Anyone wanna bet against the general idea of my prediction? ( bring it on baby )

THis guy is such a full of crap it's amazing. Next MONTH they'll put a petition up? It takes more than a month to do that? LOL. My prgrammers would have built that poc website in a day. My wife and I collectted petitions already. My own doctors, dentist, I have hundreds of O'shaughnessy's placed in very high traffic places on the tamiami trail and this guy is nowhere to be found. We have a responsibility to these people as they put there social security numbers etc on the petition and by the way most of the petitions are from peolple in there 60's and 70's! I'm annoyed now.

So where are ya John? Settling a "whippy" today?

We're looking in Socal for real estate. Have a nice day in Fla

Last edited:

OLDproLg

Veteran
Oh come on man,what now?

i dont get WHY you have to predict?
What happened to john M is right,no contacts no movement?
WHAT!

L

Lee Van Kief

I have no doubts that morgan's in it for a future political run but you have to admit, if anyone could possibly get this done its him and his firm, the guy has a quite a bit of pull and is a great attorney. not to mention just the facial recognition factor, how many seniors do you think are out there that'll vote for it simply because he's behind it and is "that nice man from the tv"? as Floridians we've had that "for the people" line burned into our brains for the last 20 something years lol. just having him onboard will bring more support that otherwise might have been opposition imo

Morcheeba*

Veteran
Here's what's going to happen ( my prediction ). This personal injury ambulance chaser is going to start making excuses as we approach the 2/1/14 deadline and it's going to go something like this" Ah wus willin to put up the money but when ahh saw the overwhelmin support I chose to wait and that was mah mistake, ahhm sorry", "however, mah friend charlie christ is running for governor and even though he hates cannabis he's willing to have me as a running mate and together we'll get the job done after you put us in the state house".

Anyone wanna bet against the general idea of my prediction? ( bring it on baby )

THis guy is such a full of crap it's amazing. Next MONTH they'll put a petition up? It takes more than a month to do that? LOL. My prgrammers would have built that poc website in a day. My wife and I collectted petitions already. My own doctors, dentist, I have hundreds of O'shaughnessy's placed in very high traffic places on the tamiami trail and this guy is nowhere to be found. We have a responsibility to these people as they put there social security numbers etc on the petition and by the way most of the petitions are from peolple in there 60's and 70's! I'm annoyed now.

So where are ya John? Settling a "whippy" today?

We're looking in Socal for real estate. Have a nice day in Fla

WOW

a well thought out plan to obtain the necessary signatures as well as an advertising campaign to re-inform the public doesnt develop overnight.

maybe a bit of respect for a man putting up his money to help get mmj on the ballot should be showed.

dont forget that its those successful personal injury cases that has given that man the ability to fund a petition drive.......if you feel a paid petition is not valuable then inform us all how well P.U.F.M.M. has done in collecting sig's for free.....lets just say they will never obtain the almost 700,000 valid sig's relying on just volunteers.

enjoy your time in so cal

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Again put up some $$ to bet I'm wrong. Bet a dollar if you don't have any money or are too scared to lose.

I say he's a full of shit and I sent him money more than a month ago and haven't even gotten a reply.How much money have you sent? How many petitions have you aquired? I've got a couple dozen petitions and have sent a hundred bucks. I'll send the petitions to Bob Platshorn.

In fact, I'm going to send Robert Platshorn a g-note donation now and get one of those cans. If Bob decides to support this lawyer than the lawyer will get my support indirectly but coming out and claiming support then releasing a $100 website and not even a petition, hahahaha sorry but if you can't see the forest for the trees then that's your problem not mine.

If I'm wrong, on 2/2/2014 I'll make whatever announcement of ammends anyone asks for.

I'm right so I'm not worried about it.

And we will enjoy our time in Socal, thank you. Going to Temecula. Have a nice day.

Fo'v

I have a personal relationship with John, and I can attest to the genuine legitimacy of his cause. As a local Florida breeder for 12 years, and grower for even longer, it's very exciting to see the progress. Hopefully, it will continue nation wide.

Morcheeba*

Veteran
lets just say i have invested way more that $100 and a few dozen sigs but my point is a thousand of us putting in the same effort will never accomplish the goal of ~700,000 valid sig's needed within the time frame needed before some sig's become invalid due to how long ago they were collected.

it sound like you need some kudos from the man to continue your support........sorry about that but any help you offer to further the cause is greatly appreciated by me and those in need.

peace and time will tell

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lets just say i have invested way more that $100 and a few dozen sigs but my point is a thousand of us putting in the same effort will never accomplish the goal of ~700,000 valid sig's needed within the time frame needed before some sig's become invalid due to how long ago they were collected.

it sound like you need some kudos from the man to continue your support........sorry about that but any help you offer to further the cause is greatly appreciated by me and those in need.

peace and time will tell

Kudos? It's too late for that. And yes I agree with you on the thousand of us collecting a few dozen signatures will never do it. Bob Platshorn has had or still has billboards facing I-95 on the east coast stating "Im not a criminal I'm a patient". He's doing things. Some of us are as a matter of fact in desperate pain, myself included and don't appreciate the "oh we'll get it together in the future". We are suffering right now. See them in California? They'd be in the streets. In Fla they'd be in the streets too, for a handout. It's amazing the differences.

I just mentioned the donation because of the point of not even getting a simple reply. I also purchased a few hundred OShaughnessies ( got them at discount but it was still $600. + the time which is a lot more than that, and have them in several high traffic places on the trail. My Wife and my programmers built a small website and had it online for a month and have just made it password only because I don't like what I'm not hearing and what I've heard so far. I am a very high visibility person and I do not take kindly to b/s when I attach my name to it. That could cost me my business not to mention all the other fun things that come with being noticed by everyone not just those you want to be noticed by. I mistakenly went with my emotions and thru support behind this personal injury lawyer and when I did not even get so much as a reply after sending money and after specifically asking what to do with the petitions AND then seeing the website, I mean cmon now. After a number of weeks that was that. If I was in at least decent health I'd be out banging drums but unfortunately I'm one notch away from major surgery if undertaken could leave me paralyzed ( which is why I'm not hopping up on the gurney:) ) and I just don't have the physical capacity to do so and that in itself as many here know can be frustrating.

Meanwhile Bob Platshorn DID 30 years in prison, has been in front of retirees and continues to do so. He's been threatened with being put back in prison for supprting this and therefore he's earned that respect. I intend to give it to him. If the other guy turns out to be what he claims to be then I'll do what I said I'd do. Simple as that .

I'm not from missouri but at this point, show me .

Morcheeba*

Veteran
obviously you are a person who garners a response............me, im a nobody c5-c6 quad so i feel ya on being in desperate need in a politically driven state and im not going to lie about seriously considering a move to SF area b/c the negative fallout on my real life work and those who depend on me and what any criminal record would do for credibility to those associated w/me.

i choose to stay b/c every bit of help, regardless of size, helps the cause and its unfair to compare Fl w/ the level of input at the local level in Ca and its effectiveness.

its an uphill battle needing a super majority to become law as opposed to just a majority vote in Ca.

well im glad Bob Platshorn has decided to stick around and attempt to make a diff regardless of who he aligns himself with.........my hope is we join efforts to make the greatest impact and as of yet NO ONE other than Mr Morgan has committed to 7 fig. to fund a petition drive.

time will tell if he is full of B/S but for now he hasnt gone back on his word and regardless my efforts are committed to The Cause.........not a man.

peace

OLDproLg

Veteran
RIGHT ON MAN!!

it takes TIME,an im talking petitions.........................

THe time it takes to just get the word out is crazy,should be fast?
THOSE SIGNS can help,if every tellephone pole had an MJ sign maybe!
THe masses on the highways could care less about weed....unless their hauling haha...
or smoking!!
The mainstream folks dont even know what weed is to this day an time?
try telling them som'm about it,be careful you dont go to jail for it.....
oppinion are another thing thats hard to break,(propaganda runs deep)inbedded
in the dumb folks mind......its going to be HARD to get passed the old nixon days here?
People are 20 years behind the westcoast....it really sucks in the warpig state.
im guessing 2014....it will take 2 years just to get a few people to notice,because
most are brain dead from the HEAT.....and how about the GOV,biggetmaster himself?
i cant see him even caring about the MJ cause..........
TIME and waiting SUCKS,but i do think it will get done by 2014!!!
Be cool a hot head is gonna get you know place quick.
Cali has way more youth,and the amount of people that live there..........WOW?
FLA is a cracker town compared,of 5% the populus of cali....making for a very hard
to find voting public.
peace it will come,im suffering in pain also.

Fo'v thanks for the post,and its good to know John as a friend!!
Can ya keep us informed?
Come on back an now ya hear!

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just searched Atty John Morgan supports medical marijuana, john morgan supports medical marijuana on youtube and could not find a single video. Strange, I saw them before. Did youtube remove them? Did he send youtube a letter requesting them to be removed? Would someone else give it a shot and see if you find the one where JM says he'll put up the money ( 3.5 Million ) to get this thru as a constitutional ammendment?

It's painful for me to sit and type or sit and search so I really try to do this as efficiently as possible but I am having real problems today sitting and holding my arms in the position to type but I did do those searches and came up with nada and I thought that was very odd.

Morcheeba*

Veteran
i cant find anything where he said an ammt he would give but i dont know why utub would take them down w/o his authorization.

peace

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Youtube can do anything it wants to do and it doesn't need to seek authorization from anyone and doesn't need to notify anyone of anything either.

But I do find it sad that those simple search terms didn't produce results.

Oh I did find this:

"We want to make our language so it's really about medical medicinal purposes. We don't want it to be like California," Morgan said.

----------------------------------------------------

Nice huh? Sure, make it like New Jersey! The KING ( governor ) can determine that 10% THC is the MAXIMUM amount by law. Now that's special. WTF is wrong with California to these people? I think Ca should be the MODEL , the starting point. All these bullshitters want to criticize it. Grrr.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Again put up some $$ to bet I'm wrong. Bet a dollar if you don't have any money or are too scared to lose.

I say he's a full of shit and I sent him money more than a month ago and haven't even gotten a reply.How much money have you sent? How many petitions have you aquired? I've got a couple dozen petitions and have sent a hundred bucks. I'll send the petitions to Bob Platshorn.

In fact, I'm going to send Robert Platshorn a g-note donation now and get one of those cans. If Bob decides to support this lawyer than the lawyer will get my support indirectly but coming out and claiming support then releasing a $100 website and not even a petition, hahahaha sorry but if you can't see the forest for the trees then that's your problem not mine.

If I'm wrong, on 2/2/2014 I'll make whatever announcement of ammends anyone asks for.

I'm right so I'm not worried about it.

And we will enjoy our time in Socal, thank you. Going to Temecula. Have a nice day.

Ill bet ya a fin but whoever wins has to buy a sack to spark up?

Latest posts

Latest posts