What's new

Breaking Bad

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
Great ending, and there is PLENTY still up in the air.

Im 99% sure ive read that the last 16 eps have yet to be written, but there are plenty of ways to go.

Hank just saw Salamancia and Fring blown up. You think Hank's not going to investigate that? Skylar suddenly gets a call from Walt, who up until now would not come over, probably is on his way now...

Jessie's best move was to cut Walt out. Gus wasnt going to kill him, Gus saved his life by denying him the shot of tequila, Gus didnt poison the kid, and Gus was going out of his way to keep Jessie happy (by not offing Walt). Mike told Jessie that 'maybe he sees something in you; youre choosing the wrong side'. Even when he was tassed and kidnapped, he was taken to 'cook', not a final dirt nap.

Gus knowing Gus didnt poison the child explains why he got 'creeped' at the parking garage.

I REALLY hope they can somehow work Gus and Tio back into the show (with flashbacks), perhaps a further exportation of South America; but it would have to relate to the current shenanigans (perhaps the DEA investigating the roots of the multinational owning pollo hermanos).

I dont know of a better TV show. I use to really like Dexter, but it has seemed to follow the same gameplan every year; 4 straight years of 'guest stars' for a season, its like they stopped trying.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
anyone else thinking what i'm thinking?
terminator.jpg

breaking-bad-gus-face.jpg

ThePizzaMan

Veteran
What a fucking awesome finale! There are only a hand full of shows that leave me wanting more and more...this is one of em!

kno3brock

I was thinking the same thing Hash Zeppelin. As soon as Gus walked into the room I said to my girl, the wheel chair is wired w/ the bomb. When Gus walked out of the room, I said there is no way he survived that. When the camera panned to show the damage, my first thought was, Gus is the Terminator- I was looking for the red dot in the metal eye. Then he fell over.

So many loose ends indeed. Mike is coming back, that should be interesting. I think Walt is going to have to kill his brother and law now, he is going figure out Walt's involvement. Jessie is going to find out about the Walt and the poison I believe. There are going to have start cooking again.

I hope the next season is as good as this one and they haven't jumped the shark with killing off Gus.

zymos

Jammin'!
Veteran
The thing that surprised me the most about the finale was how consistently hilarious it was... The last few episodes have been insanely tense, and not without a bit of humor, but nothing like the constant LOLz from the episode last night.

How 'bout how Walt's bag with the magnetic carbomb was sticking to the metal door of the viejo's room...?!

Perpetual Nooch

How did Tyrus miss the bomb on the wheelchair when he was checking for bugs? Didn't look like Walt stuck around to put it on after Tyrus was done in the room, so it must have been there all along. Tyrus didn't do his job very well.

I can see Walt wanting to cook again next season. After his wife gave away $600,000 to Berneke it seemed like they didn't have too much left. Maybe he's goes back to teaching but I doubt it.

Dislexus

the shit spoon
Veteran
I think the next two seasons might be used to hint at the CIA's (or rather elements within) hand in the drug game.

Walt needed to know Jesse's brand of cigs for the pack swap of the ricin poisoning bluff... this is why he bummed a cig from Jesse. So he had this scheme as far back as then. Walt saw Brock after that I think, but that doesn't mean he didn't know about the boy.

Anyhoo in the end either Walt kills Jesse or Jesse kills Walt.

med breeder: yeah I'm pretty sure the older boy was young Tuco, pic taken at Don Eladio's or nearby, judging by terrain.

perpetrual: pretty sure bug detectors detect transmission frequencies not electronics in general... so it wouldn't detect the bomb circuit board as it just received signals.

Dislexus

the shit spoon
Veteran
btw the actor that plays Mike has a small part in The Adventures Of Buckaroo Bonsai Across The Eighth Dimension... and he kills it! lots of presence with that impatient hounddog vibe

another side note I was watching some dumbass show called American Underworld, seems faked as fuck. Dude Is A Dumbass like that guy who gets all excited about tunnels and sewers, they use editing tricks and him talking out of breath to create some sense of excitement. Anyways the one possibly legit segment is a simple crank cook... showing this one-pot method these hillbillies got now, no measuring, open window for ventillation, all done in a gatorade bottle. so fucking disgusting! it made me hate tweakers even more and i can't stand those fuckers as it is. the only thing that's cool about the tweaker cook is she is this laidback redneck dyke type and seems to also find humor in the host trying to act all dramatic and spazzed out..

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Even though Skylar said the Car wash is turning a profit, I don't think Walt could give up his Heisenberg bad self!

It would take a herculean effort to try and get a set up and distribution network to turn over something similar to what gus had.

I thought what might be cool is if Walt turned his chemistry to another drug perhaps? I'm not sure where the Blue colouration comes from but if he wants to stick with meth, clear or another colour might help in throwing hank off.

festivus

STAY TOASTY MY FRIENDS!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Did anyone notice in the explosion scene, after Gus falls down the camera slowly pans right and there's a quick shot inside the room... look closely, and you'll see an outline of what's left of Don Salamanca's body still sitting in the wheel chair. Creepy!

Perpetual Nooch

perpetrual: pretty sure bug detectors detect transmission frequencies not electronics in general... so it wouldn't detect the bomb circuit board as it just received signals.

I know that but Tyrus bent down right by the wheelchair and didn't see anything suspicious, like the wire going from the bell?

InJoy

Kind of strange way to end the season but that QA with Vince that BongJangles posted answered that coz it could have been the end if AMC dicked him around too much.

Good call on the poison BongJangles:tiphat:

Thanks for that link good read he talks about he doesn't wan't to answer all the questions lets our imigination wander, and the way he showed us who poisoned Brok but didn't tell us.

These are the qualities that make Breaking Bad different, better...

He did screw up on a few things like for me that bomb was not up to the brilliance of the rest of the plan.

From mnf til the final resting place and again a faulty trigger but guess we can't have it all.

As far as Tyrus checkin for the bomb when he did the sweep the bomb probably wasn't in place and the second time he didn't check.

Walt jumped back in the window planted the bomb as soon as he left after the sweep.

But again a lame trigger, maybe that was to show he has limits?

HOPE ta fuk Tyrus died

Check the shot of Gus with half his face blown off

His shoulder and chest are unharmed but you can see it took a hit.

Maybe that suit of his, was armor?

Mi thinks yes and that helped in his descision to march into bullet fire.

Plenty of places for this ta go:artist:

J

juicepuddle

To be honest I'm not happy with where Face Off left me, at least when it comes to walt the MC, it made me just realize how much walt SUCKS, I even like skyler more then walt at this point.

When jessy was talking about how they had to kill gus he was like, "He had to go, right?" and you KNEW walt was like FUCK! He didn't HAVE to go but he was scared and killed him.

Not that gus was a great guy or anything haha, I just don't like Walt as much as I used to. Especially since he poisoned the little kid, I don't care if he "knew" the doctors could save the kid, theres more then one occasion in the show so far where something chemically happens that shouldn't, just saying.

However I am stoked for next season, theres no way Hank isn't going to figure something out, especially with skyler calling walt the entire day giving him info while gus dies, the lab is destroyed ETC

Edits for hashiness

Dislexus

the shit spoon
Veteran
Tellin y'all.. Mike's gunna be a major factor next season... he was placed outside this season' endgame dynamic for a reason.

J

juicepuddle

Tellin y'all.. Mike's gunna be a major factor next season... he was placed outside this season' endgame dynamic for a reason.

Very good point! For some reason I entirely overlooked him! Hes still recovering in that medical clinic thingy go bobber or what?

Dislexus

the shit spoon
Veteran
They said he couldn't travel for at least a week so he should arrive shortly after all this but still healing.

So... what's Mike gunna think? Will he be relieved that he is free? Will his sense of loyalty cause him to confront Walt in some way?

Or does Mike want to make a buck and retire, comes to Walt/Jesse with offer of limited partnership?

Mike helps Jesse figure out Walt poisoned the kid to get Jesse to turn on Gus?