What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Brass Capsules

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Would like to take the infused coconut oil and dilute it to 125 mg THC per 0.5 oz and apply it topically after the cbd for a 1:1 ratio.

Going to try to screen it down to fine sifted kief to start with 3 mg/drop.

Using early harvest flower that still has good potency. Harvested sept. 23, but the heads were ready anyway. Will maybe have to adjust once using regular flower. Could be a bit stronger. I think this flower is about 25% THC its ripe.

Will smell though and make sure flowers are good and not moldy or without terpenes for whatever reason.

Tincandtoke

Thinking of following your recipe
Separate balms from what I read?
My wife is having nerve pain in her feet and curious if this may help
Things like absorption time help people figure out routines if a second application is needed from a different balm
Just got her medicated chocolates routine down
She no longer takes Ambien, works the overnight
I have a CBD/CBG tincture I can reduce for infusion

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not sure, but after baking for 20-40 minutes, the infusion will likely be adequate, but some guidelines for topicals call for cooking/simmering at low temp for 2-3 hours. I think shorter times are adequate to create an infusion without allowing too much degradation of the cannabinoids and terpenes.

Just got all the parts for the hashmaster 5000. Need to bend a blade and drill some holes. Going to try to use the #8 food can. Seems pretty sturdy. Hopefully it will work. Got a 2.5 inch angle brace in case I need it.

Tincandtoke

Not sure, but after baking for 20-40 minutes, the infusion will likely be adequate, but some guidelines for topicals call for cooking/simmering at low temp for 2-3 hours. I think shorter times are adequate to create an infusion without allowing too much degradation of the cannabinoids and terpenes.

Just got all the parts for the hashmaster 5000. Need to bend a blade and drill some holes. Going to try to use the #8 food can. Seems pretty sturdy. Hopefully it will work. Got a 2.5 inch angle brace in case I need it.

Thanks for the info

Brassnwood has been posting his invention for years and I never read or heard a complaint
I send medical patients to his thread to learn extraction, infusion and dosing
All are envious of his grow and the scale of his home process
Those that can grow eventually make a hashmaster
Genius!

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So the dry ice seems to be a safe method. Its just carbon dioxide in high concentration, and extreme cold temperatres. But it doesn't affect the quality or effect of the resin I guess!

Got every thing almost set up! Waiting for the drill to charge. Got a DeWalt Hashmaster 5000! :smoke:

Local store has dry ice in stock. Just need to pick it up. Getting close to starting the project!!!! Can't wait. So I may only put about 3 drops in for the first pill.

I'd like to make it into a tincture. Trying to figure that out. Need to get some of those supplies!

So the hash should be made fresh before making into the infusion? I assume fresh hash is best so the trichomes are stored well.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Great tutorial on dry ice hash.

What You Need to Make Dry Ice Hash

• One sanitized 5-gallon bucket
  • Cannabis trim/bud
  • 3lbs of dry ice
    • You may need more or less depending on how much bud/trim you use. 3lbs will cover a little to at least 6oz.
    • Click here to go to a page that will let you search for dry ice in your area.
  • Bubble bags/Hash Bags/Pollen Bags
    • You’ll need 3 sizes for this tutorial: 73, 160, 220. These sizes are standard for this type of bag.
  • Thick, insulating sturdy gloves
    • No latex gloves, you need protection against -109.3°F cold. Snow gloves or BBQ gloves will do the trick.
  • A scraping tool
    • An unused paint scraper works great, but a credit card will do.
  • A large, CLEAN, flat surface
    • This will collect your hash, so make sure it’s clean!
    • We used a large piece of new plexiglass (cheap at Home Depot) on a table.

Dry Ice Handling

Dry ice has some inherent risks due to its extremely low temperature and the fact that it sublimates (turns directly into a gas), but it’s actually very safe to use! Just check out these quick safety tips, exercise a little caution, and this will be a smooth and fun experience!

1. Make sure you work in a well-ventilated area. Stop! Please read the safety rules first!
    1. Dry ice turns directly into CO2 gas. Although it’s a small amount of CO2 and doesn’t really pose a threat to you, it’s better to be safe than sorry!
  2. Don’t put dry ice in an airtight container.
    1. Dry ice turns into gas which will pressurize the container it’s in. Eventually, you’ll get a top shooting off unexpectedly, or worse, an exploding container!
  3. Don’t touch dry ice with your bare hands
    1. Dry ice measures -190.3°F at its warmest. It won’t kill you to grab it, but it’s no fun to get freezer burn either.
  4. Dispose of dry ice safely
    1. If you put dry ice down your sink or toilet, you could freeze your water pipes and end up with a massive repair bill. When you’re done with dry ice, just leave it in a well-ventilated area and it’ll simply turn into gas and leave.

Step-By-Step: How to Make Your Own Dry Ice Hash

Basically, you just shake a hash bag full of cannabis + dry ice and piles of resin will start raining out!

How To Make Dry Ice Hash – GrowWeedEasy.com from Nebula Haze on Vimeo.

Watch the Video Demonstration!

You’ve got your materials together and you know how to handle dry ice… let’s have some fun!

1. Dump your (ground up) cannabis and dry ice into the 5-gallon bucket.
  2. Take the size 73 hash/bubble/pollen bag and fit it over the opening of the bucket, then shake and swirl the bucket around for 3-4 minutes. The process of shaking the cannabis around with dry ice freezes the resin so it starts breaking off from the cannabis and is more easily collected.
  3. Turn the bucket upside-down, emptying both the dry ice and cannabis into the hash bag, with the mesh side facing down.
  4. Shake the bag over a clean flat surface.This will cause resin to sift through the mesh part of the bag and fall out onto the surface like it’s raining resin! Keep shaking until you don’t see any resin falling out or you just can’t shake anymore 🙂
  5. Use your scraper to collect the newly fallen resin into a pile and transfer it into a container of your choice.
  6. Dump the cannabis and dry ice back into the bucket and repeat steps 2-5 with the size 160 pollen bag. Then again with the 220 bag.
You should now have 3 grades of your own solvent-free, homemade hash: 73 (pure resin), 160 (not as pure but still really good stuff), and 220 (it’s super fragrant and super free!). Enjoy!

FYI: Hash can be sprinkled over bud, vaporized, smoked directly with a screen, and mixed into joints. If you’re unfamiliar with hash, starting slowly will help ensure you don’t use too much – this stuff is powerful!

Jump to…

Make Your Own Cannabis Capsules (Canna Caps)!

How to Make Medical Cannabis Extract Oil

Flushing for Better Buds

The Perpetual Harvest

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Is it safe to smoke dry ice hash?

Dry ice hash extraction is a safe procedure, and so is smoking the finished product. You just need to remember that this is a super-concentrated form of cannabis, and if you’re not careful, you’ll be flying as high as the moon. This stuff is strong

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Ingestion:

Wash out mouth with water. Remove victim to fresh air and keep at rest in a position
comfortable for breathing. If material has been swallowed and the exposed person is
conscious, give small quantities of water to drink. Do not induce vomiting unless
directed to do so by medical personnel. Get medical attention if symptoms occur.

Should be safe. keeping it separate from the hash through the screening process. Its just 100% CO2.

BrassNwood

Veteran
Just now discovered this thread, will be following! I have frequently heard about mixing lecithin, various vegetable oils, with decarbed cannabis, kief, BHO, etc. I'm a real simple, keep it to the basics kind of guy, so this is what I've been doing for the last 6 years:

I consume 4 g of decarbed, top quality SouthEast Lights buds, ground to a super fine powder in a coffee grinder, in size 00 capsules... everyday, every week, every year.

It's not the process of encapsulating/using the lecithin / oil that has kept me from experimenting. It's just my belief that once anything hits the pH of ~2.0 in your stomach, everything is just kind of processed/digested together to be absorbed by the small intestine and converted to 11 hydroxy or whatever it is that your liver processes THC into to make it psychoactive.

Seeing an experienced "head" do this type of process, rather than hearing about it from a Millennial makes me want to investigate your process further. :LOL:

Might even get it give it a shot when I get a little bit of time here. ;)

Following the thread to learn some stuff.

I almost ran off the last set of Jars to hash but pissed around that morning and I hate a late start on HM5K day. With the current harvest hanging to dry I'll need to get the jars emptied. Next week is the plan so I'll get the pics posted up as soon as it gets shaken. I'll be clustering steps making hash and then converting most of it to capsules.
Thanks for the info

Brassnwood has been posting his invention for years and I never read or heard a complaint
I send medical patients to his thread to learn extraction, infusion and dosing
All are envious of his grow and the scale of his home process
Those that can grow eventually make a hashmaster
Genius!
Thanks for the kind words my friend. Always a pleasure to hear some of my teachings do reach where it's needed.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
BrassNWood:

I grew out a pair of CBD plants on request for a patient but they dropped it very quickly when they figured out the CBD interfered with the pain control the THC was providing. Same thing I found when I tried CBD.
With just the two samplings I can't say one way or the other if it'll work. Personal testing is always the best choice.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Still haven't done the kief run yet. Getting everything prepped. Have to deseed the flower carefully since its for a breeding project.

Dry Ice is holding up. Have about 4 jars to go though. Will see what we end up with. Its pretty good flower too!

Will do the runs tomorrow. Will do just 60 second runs like you said. @Heavy Dayze said dry ice hash is prone to getting green contamination. Which it doesn't really matter if its a small amount as they are going into capsules, edibles and topicals anyway.

BrassNwood

Veteran
Still haven't done the kief run yet. Getting everything prepped. Have to deseed the flower carefully since its for a breeding project.

Dry Ice is holding up. Have about 4 jars to go though. Will see what we end up with. Its pretty good flower too!

Will do the runs tomorrow. Will do just 60 second runs like you said. @Heavy Dayze said dry ice hash is prone to getting green contamination. Which it doesn't really matter if its a small amount as they are going into capsules, edibles and topicals anyway.
1711418684804.png

The usual look of what I get.

1711418855069.png

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is going to be fun. Love the loads of trichomes. Those look good. Is 220 mesh the work bag?

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Will use the green work bag mesh.
Bubblegbagdude set :

5-GALLON 3-BAG SET FULL MESH – Our superior extraction bags 5 gallon 3-bag set is labeled and color-coded according to each micron size: 220, 73 and 25 micron bags.

BrassNwood

Veteran
This is going to be fun. Love the loads of trichomes. Those look good. Is 220 mesh the work bag?
Yes.
Will use the green work bag mesh.
Bubblegbagdude set :

5-GALLON 3-BAG SET FULL MESH – Our superior extraction bags 5 gallon 3-bag set is labeled and color-coded according to each micron size: 220, 73 and 25 micron bags.
Dry ice usually comes in a 10-pound block and depending on how fresh it is you may get 2 partially sublimated bags. This is substandard product being soft and soon turns to gravel sized bits that don't have enough mass to smash up the buds.

10 pounds will be enough to run off about a 5-gallon bucket worth of not so tight outdoor buds. When you dump out into the colander if you find a few still intact buds just toss them in with the next shake or give them a twist to help break them.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great! Thanks for the help. Still haven't done the run, may have time this evening. I have the dry ice in a max cool cooler stuffed with towels on top and sitting on concrete on the N side of the house under the patio table. I bought 3 bags of dry ice totaling about 8 lbs so should be enough.

Will break it up in another bucket before using. So it needs to be golf ball but you don't want a bunch of fines so it has mass to smash the buds. Flowers should shatter pretty well as I have broken them up partially already into marble to quarter size.

Thats a good idea using the collender to keep the unbroken flowers and dry ice for the next run.

Does the can end up being only about 1/3 full when you start with 2 handfulls buds and 2 handfulls dry ice?

BrassNwood

Veteran
Great! Thanks for the help. Still haven't done the run, may have time this evening. I have the dry ice in a max cool cooler stuffed with towels on top and sitting on concrete on the N side of the house under the patio table. I bought 3 bags of dry ice totaling about 8 lbs so should be enough.

Will break it up in another bucket before using. So it needs to be golf ball but you don't want a bunch of fines so it has mass to smash the buds. Flowers should shatter pretty well as I have broken them up partially already into marble to quarter size.

Thats a good idea using the collender to keep the unbroken flowers and dry ice for the next run.

Does the can end up being only about 1/3 full when you start with 2 handfulls buds and 2 handfulls dry ice?
Yepp. It'll take a few runs to get the process ironed out.

Latest posts

Latest posts