What's new

Bpt. man sent $150K of pot in the mail

redspaghetti

love machine
ICMag Donor
Veteran
http://www.news12.com/articleDetail.jsp?articleId=240469&position=2&news_type=news&rand=16813761

(12/22/09) BRIDGEPORT - A Bridgeport man faces charges for allegedly trying to obtain more than 30 pounds of marijuana through the mail. Police say drug-sniffing dogs found marijuana in two non-descript packages addressed to Grant Johnson, 28. Johnson was arrested and charged with possession and intent to sell.
According to authorities, the drugs being shipped to Johnson are worth about $150,000.
Bail has been set at $75,000.

DAMN!! $150,000!

I left a post a while ago on another thread about sending the Strawberry Cough in an otter pop box to Michigan, but DAMN. The otter pops only had 1 pound in it and street value was like $5,000. $150,000!! Is this guy stupid!

Of course their going to bust you! Damn that's alot of weed. Should have just broken it down and made multiple packages. Some people just can't control themselves and try and hit a HOME-RUN everytime. You can do the same thing if you swing singles and doubles. Stupid bastard! - LOL

0007239285300_L4.jpg

steppinRazor

cant stop wont stop
Veteran
ever drivin multiple lbs of herb? its some nerve racking shit, the amount of drug enforcement on the roads today is sickening. im not saying mailing is the brightest idea but im sure he had been doing it for years.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
its really not that unheard of to hear of 10-15 going thru but its some risky shit i want no part in. il let the dudes with the bigger bankrolls risk that much money.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
^yea me too, no way they were able to scan the addy and realize "hey isnt that the vacant apt"

the only time i have heard of packages getting seized is when a jealous dealer in the recieving state decided to snitch on the guy getting his stuff mailed in because he was butthurt over the competitive prices...

JohnnyATL

Veteran
150k for 30lbs fuck thats some BS

on another off topic note -
my boy just got 50k siezed going through TSA. Said it was his savings and hes moving to cali----they said prove it haha.

steppinRazor

cant stop wont stop
Veteran
damn 50 grand?
what happens to you after 50k in untaxed untracable cash gets siezed?
IRS investigation? FBI? Local LEO?

JohnnyATL

Veteran
they just confiscated it idk it was actually my friends "worker" so im not sure on the details. He said they just let him go and said to get it back he must be able to back it up or something haha
sketch

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
^sounds sketch, was this 50 grand going through an airport?

the limit per person was 10k. i remember carrying 10k in my backpack coming back from the homeland my mom would stuff in in there "shut up and dont tell the customs guy shit!"

SOTW GTR 3

this is so F*cked up! makes my blood boil...... and everyone wonders why i dont leave the house. this is why.... look at a cop wrong or he dont like the shirt ur wearing? he can LEGALLY take away all of your rights....... just because he can.... nobody can stop this, no sure fire way to stop what is happening.

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
http://www.news12.com/articleDetail.jsp?articleId=240469&position=2&news_type=news&rand=16813761

(12/22/09) BRIDGEPORT - A Bridgeport man faces charges for allegedly trying to obtain more than 30 pounds of marijuana through the mail. Police say drug-sniffing dogs found marijuana in two non-descript packages addressed to Grant Johnson, 28. Johnson was arrested and charged with possession and intent to sell.
According to authorities, the drugs being shipped to Johnson are worth about $150,000.
Bail has been set at $75,000.

I can't read the whole article since you have to subscribe to the site in order to do so, but...

How did this guy get arrested? Because he "tried to obtain" 30 pounds of Cannabis mailed to him? Meaning what? That two intercepted packages containing Cannabis was delivered to him, or he tried to pick it up at the post office?

If he was arrested for possession, he must have recuperated the shipment, opened it and neglected to contact the authorities about the content, while he was under surveillance. Somehow, the chain of events must establish him as implicated in the shipment itself.

Otherwise, it means that all you have to do to get even with your boss or your ex is to mail them 30 pounds of an illegal substance, rat on the shipment, then see them get arrested with a $75.000 bail,

Or, a crime syndicate could just use a random address, send it to a desired destination, then 'recuperate' the shipment from the addressee. Kind of like mules going through an airport not knowing what's in their baggage.

I don't know about Bridgeport, but in my neck of the woods you must sign for a shipment in order to be legally 'responsible' for it, and if the shipment invoice states that it contains gum drops (I suppose it didn't say "vacuum sealed Chronic" on the invoice), then you've been duped and can use it in court to proclaim your innocence.