What's new

Boulder teens offer marijuana-free 4/20 alternative

Pythagllio

Patient Grower
Veteran
Oh for the love of pete, a pot free celebration of 4/20? Talk about a dictionary picture example for the word ludicrous.

http://www.dailycamera.com/boulder-county-news/ci_14910572#axzz0lamxQ2NZ

Tess Eckert will celebrate 4/20 on Tuesday -- but without lighting up.

The 17-year-old senior at New Vista High School is helping put together an alternative event for local teens looking to experience the annual April 20 pot celebration, but without drugs. The free, alternative event includes massage, music, food, a philosophy circle, yerba mate bar, acupuncture and dance.

"It's something fun for people to do," Tess said Sunday. "People can have a sense of community that doesn't involve a substance and do it in a healthier manner."

She's part of the Natural Highs Action Group, a club with about 25 students from area high schools that's a spin-off of the "Natural Highs" class offered through the After Hour Arts program at September High School.

The group is in its third year of providing an alternative to the traditional 4/20 smokeout at the University of Colorado, which last year drew roughly 10,000 people to Norlin Quad. The event is expected to be even bigger this year, thanks to the boom in medical marijuana dispensaries in Boulder.

Avani Dilger, a Naropa faculty member and counselor who stared the "Natural Highs" classes, said students told her they really struggled to stay sober on 4/20.

"We wanted the kids to feel like they were part of something," she said.

Dakota Hindman, an 18-year-old senior at New Vista, said she attended the CU event several years ago with friends.

"There's a huge expectation to go," she said.

Read more: Boulder teens offer marijuana-free 4/20 alternative - Boulder Daily Camera http://www.dailycamera.com/boulder-county-news/ci_14910572#ixzz0lanGQNIq

NotsoFla

Lol.

Well, this will just attract more people over to marijuana after they realize how much more fun it could of been if they had smoked :)

All the power to her...not everyone has to smoke pot on 4/20..and she's promoting healthy activities, not necessarily anti potism...meh.whatever foats yer potless boat i guess ;)

ArcticBlast

It's like a goddamned Buick Regal
Veteran
yeah i was about to say...i wonder how many people go to that completely stoned lol :joint:

ArcticBlast

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"The free, alternative event includes massage, music, food, a philosophy circle, yerba mate bar, acupuncture and dance."

Did they have to include exclusively activities that are enhanced by weed?

Shit if I were in Boulder, I think I'd be getting blazed and catching a free massage tomorrow!

A

arrg

natural highs rock, remember choking each other at age 10? We all had a tree we stood up against while someone choked off your blood to the head until you fell down

I

ijimunot

Live and let live. She is not spewing holier than thow BS, not slamming anybody or cannabis. Do your thing girl.

NotsoFla

natural highs rock, remember choking each other at age 10? We all had a tree we stood up against while someone choked off your blood to the head until you fell down
the best was spinning around 100mph in circles until you partially blacked out:bashhead:... oh wait, I still do that sometimes!

AfroSheep

I am who I am coz I is who I is.
i loled, how do they have a 4/20 day event thats smokefree, it cant be a 4/20 event then xD,

Neo 420

Veteran
"The free, alternative event includes massage, music, food, a philosophy circle, yerba mate bar, acupuncture and dance."

Did they have to include exclusively activities that are enhanced by weed?

Shit if I were in Boulder, I think I'd be getting blazed and catching a free massage tomorrow!

Good call! Those activities are just holler'n for a doobie (before and after.)

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran
The 17-year-old senior at New Vista High School is helping put together an alternative event for local teens looking to experience the annual April 20 pot celebration, but without drugs.

icon13.gif

That's like going to the beach with no sand around...

Kalicokitty

The cat that loves cannabis
Veteran
If it's not about Cannabis, then it's just another day.
Why not call it the spring festival or something then.
Tess is 17, maybe this is the year she sparks up, and puts an end to this nonsense

Latest posts

Latest posts