What's new

bought from seed and they look weird?

primetime31

Hey there everyone, i have a quick question about theses plants from seed. They just look weird to me and i was planning to make some clones from it but theres nothing to clone..Any advice?

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 12

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
are you using incandescents?

no..
on further review i do see an hps there...

wtf did you do to those poor plants?!?!?

please describe your grow in detail.

fill out the sick plants form.

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
pinch the top and the plant will throw some branches out for you.

Advice-

Get ballast off floor, no electrical on floor.

Get a recirculating fan, the plants don't like to be constantly beat up by air they can't sweat.

Looks like a charlie brown christmas tree, read read read

primetime31

haha charlie brown tree for sure. I need help. and ya hps..ill try topping but idk wtf happened.. Think it could be from heat?

primetime31

FYI I have grown many times and i know how to grow. Ya i have a fuked up plant but i dont need a tutorial on how to grow good weed. LOL if thats all ur gunna do is post other peoples stickeys get out of my post please and thank you Stranger

primetime31

Thanks for the advice pK and dn I am helping my dad start his own grow and this just happens to be his first. He has had the hps light on for 18 h a day and just transplanted them two days ago into bigger pots. Just watered two days ago as well. He also had some PM issues last week and sprayed but did with the lights on so we got some burnt new growth. Any have this problem as well? Just tring to get a few cuts from these sence they are some interesting stains..

primetime31

ok i really love this site but why do people post in here when your not giving any advice?? Thanks one love im very relaxed now go chill in the cut WIZZZZZ

Stranger

O.K if you are going to actually ask for help how about filling out the required information about what the environment is etc and I am sure you will get the answer you were asking for.

I responded with newbie advice, because you are asking for it like one.

To get an answer there are many things that need to be know to give a "real answer".

They look hot, exposed extremely low humidity etc.. sorry if you were offended. I did not mean it that way at all.

Peace

Stranger

a good list... here

Strain of Mj?
Hydroponic or soil?
From seed or clone?
Age of plant in question?
What stage (Veg/Flower; how many days into)?
Medium (Soil, Rockwool, Hydroton etc.)?
Container/Pot size?
Have they been transplanted, if so how long ago?
If soil, composition ratios (peat moss, perilite, vermiculite etc.)?
Water runoff Ph?
Nutrients added?
Ratios of nutrients (N% P% K%)?
Feeding schedule?
When were they last fed/watered?
How are you determining when to feed/water (weight, wilting, etc.)?
TDS/EC/PPM?
Tap/RO/Distilled water?
Ph before and after adding nutrients?
Is your Ph equipment properly calibrated?
Light intensity/Age of bulb/Wattage?
Distance to the canopy?
Temps at canopy?
Temps at root zone or reservoir?
Day/Night temps (Min.-Max.)?
Current air flow (CFM)?
Is there air blowing directly onto plant?
Using CO2?
Relative humidity?
Growing technique (Scrog, Sog, Supercropping etc.)?
Has plant recently been pruned, clones taken, fimmed or pinched?
Pests?
Chemicals used to eradicate?
If so,When?

primetime31

Stranger Thanks man, i am not a newbie but posting on forums i am very new..sence i looked at many posts and they arnt very specific or clear i thought my general pictures and explanation would work for ya.
I believe the light is a little too high as well.. Its like two and a half feet above the smallest clones.

primetime31

pomagranet kush and east coast sour d crossed w super silver haze. Transpanted two days aGO into a five gal bucket. Feeding flora nutes. started doing this in the prev pots..Not sure why cause roots werent too much for pot.

Stranger

It looks like wind burn and low humidity is the reason the leafs look so brittle and crisp on the edges.
How many watts and type is the bulb? 1000 wats at 2.5 feet would be ok. 250 no it would not be.

See why the list is so long. If you take the time to check off everything on that list and then post wht you have, I will bet some people much better at this than me will help you.

If you show the effort to do it, then the real gurus will help.

But why should they if we don't take the time to do the footwork first before asking?

I'd move the fan way back and get the light closer if it doesn't cause too much heat on the top of the plant.

When growing from seed cool white cfls or t5 flouro's will do great and keep your nodes much closer. Also, not as much heat or electric costs.

When you put it in the new bucket did you put much stem below before filling ?

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
no one can give you a higher levelof advice till we know all the parameters...

please ftlog FILL OUT THE FORM!!!

it's there for a reason.

Mrgrowem

Concerning your plants, they may just be a leggy variety. Trying to grow leggy plants inside is difficult unless you know the plant and how it responds, extremely well. As you can also see, it's much harder to get cloning stems. As far as I can see, those plants need more time to vegetate. You could pinch each growing tip to force more branching, giving you more cloning options. Keep in mind, when you pinch the tips it will slow down the rate of growth for a few days. Clones do best if they come from healthy plants.

Plants with PM will grow slowly, no matter what you do for them. It takes awhile for the plant to recover. Given time I think your plants and the knowledge you gain will do just fine.

I guess you trimmed the PM from those leaves that are cut? Young plants that you want clones from would do better if they have lots of foliage to help produce the branches you so badly need. Young plants without leaves grow slowly, ya just gotta give em more time....

If it were me, I wouldn't take any cuttings from your plants for now. Get them healthy, growing strong and then go for it.

primetime31

here i go, i brought over a t5 so that should help with the heat and possibly the burn.. Also i put up another fan.. When i transplanted i did not put too much stalk below soil and im hoping they come back stronger in the next week or so. I also did cut off the pm that i saw and was careful not to let it spread. I am hoping bringing in the light w the t5 will help? and as for cuttings right now, definitely going to wait and train them. I was just shocked cause a week ago these babies looked so nice..

Latest posts

Latest posts