What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

botanicare pure blend pro or general organics?

A

acridlab

I would have said the same thing if I heard it from someone else, .. whatever,i don't know what I'm talking about ,it's horseshit, too...
Gh products are sub par,, just speaking from over 15/20 nutelines of hardtimes :)
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

RoostaPhish

Veteran
Yeah I have used almost every commercially available nutrient line, as well as many not available to the public. ALL nutrient lines CAN make your product taste like shit! I am not sure why your input is more valid than my own. I believe you grow dank with PBP, but to say that GO makes your product taste like fish is just nonsense.

CoCoSativas

Thank you to everyone who has responded with advice, opinion or first hand experience, you have all been very helpful.

As there seems to be equal support and great picture evidence it's clear to me both lines are worth taking a look at.

Someone said gh is sub-par. I don't know if I'll agree I like their stuff but we are all entitled to grow however we want, and all of our unique methods are very interesting to check out.

I intend to check out a few plant foods. Right now I'm impressed with the gh flora ph stability but maybe I'm easy to impress...

Thanks anyway everyone

CoCoSativas

I would have said the same thing if I heard it from someone else, .. whatever,i don't know what I'm talking about ,it's horseshit, too...
Gh products are sub par,, just speaking from over 15/20 nutelines of hardtimes :) View Image View Image View Image View Image View Image

Your pbp plants are very pretty.

No one ever said what you said was bull. It's your first hand experience, I'm certainly not going to argue with you about that.

It's interesting the different experiences we all have with the same nutrient lines

RoostaPhish

Veteran
Those are not pbp plants, in his first post he says he has never used pbp. I've had the same problems that he has had with the GO line with the PBP. I just wasn't using it correctly, little tweak here and there, and there you have it beautiful ladies.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I have never had bad smoke from pure blend..not one time... never tried the other line general organics..never had a reason to try it ...yeehaw

CoCoSativas

I have never had bad smoke from pure blend..not one time... never tried the other line general organics..never had a reason to try it ...yeehaw

Okay so my question to you and the other pbp users, what grow method do you use and do you follow the nutrient schedule from botanicare.

I'd be looking to use the stuff in coco and maybe try a hempys if it works in that to...

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I use soil now exclusively..when I ran hydro I followed their schedule..with varying soil inputs I have to let the plants guide me...I generally use up to 15 ml . yeehaw... I have ran it in straight pro mix and similar too..not into hempys but I had 10 earth boxes once and it worked for that too..

CoCoSativas

I use soil now exclusively..when I ran hydro I followed their schedule..with varying soil inputs I have to let the plants guide me...I generally use up to 15 ml . yeehaw... I have ran it in straight pro mix and similar too..not into hempys but I had 10 earth boxes once and it worked for that too..

Hi thanks trout.

. I won't be growing in soil for some time, I'm digging the coco, with plans to play with other hydro in the future. DWC...

That said good to know it's safe to follow the schedule, I had heard of burns on other threads at full strength.

I look forward to trying out the pbp in the future.

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
These are pureblend pro grown. 2 days till chop. Very heavy blueberry pheno of wonderberry. Smells like a lemon blueberry. Pbp all the way.

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
These i ran in promix bx in 10 1-3 gallon smartpots. At only 1.5 ft tall ill pull somewhere around hp off 10 plants. My tray i run pbp in i pull anywhere from 1.5 to 2.5 per 1k. Strain dependent of course. Never ran coco so couldnt tell ya. I just know pireblend is easy to use and start light and work your way up in strength. I give my clones 1 tsp/gallon once rooted and go up from there.

RoostaPhish

Veteran
I wouldn't use either in DWC. If you loose power or don't have adequate oxygen levels and movement in water you will have issues. DWC and RDWC is really all about cleanliness. Soil and coco they work great, both of them.

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW

CoCoSativas

I wouldn't use either in DWC. If you loose power or don't have adequate oxygen levels and movement in water you will have issues. DWC and RDWC is really all about cleanliness. Soil and coco they work great, both of them.

What about the hydro pbp.. I'm just curious will it work in DWC?

My area rarely loses power maybe once a year. I'm talking about maybe 4 DWC plants max anyway. If i lost power, and changed solution would it be a problem still?

I like to solve problems rather than run from them, I love making things work

RoostaPhish

Veteran
These nutes can go anaerobic quickly if not constantly aerated or agitated. The problem is that the roots are constantly in the solution in DWC. They do work great in media based systems. Primarily because the roots don't sit stagnant in the solution if there is a lose of power, or ever really. Read up on DWC, most agree that cleanliness, and low ppms are key. Shit can go bad real fast in DWC. I prefer to use nutrients that don't have to be aerated for these systems. I am not saying to stay away from DWC, there are just better nutrients for it than either of these.

Latest posts

Latest posts