What's new

Botanicare coco ready too go?

jsut get the big botanicare bale..it hydrates to like 70 liters..alot more than those ready made bags..and its alot cheaper..I can get a bale SHIPPED..for 30$...botanicare coco is VERY good..and it brings some fibers to mix in with the coir..for improved consistency

I actually use the botanicare coco gro with cns 17 coco line.

im very happy with the results.

no defs with the nutes.

took a tds measurement of the botanicare coco gro right out of the bag. the medium was at about 1100ppm. I used RO water for that test sample.

botanicare makes GREAT prodcuts..their coco coir + cns17= very happy plants..i use cns17..then cns17 ripen..with big bud and overdrive..and their sweet..

mg75

I use the CocoGro loose coco bag. No problems what-so-ever. I have juiced my plants with a multitude of both organic and chemical nutes, additives, sweeteners, etc... My plants have never experienced a deficiency, lockout, or nute burn. I am actually quite impressed of how green and lush my plants are. I did not flush the coco and just transplanted Jiffy puck seedlings into a 5 gallon Hempy coco bucket (chunky perlite on bottom).

I also water every 5-6 days with no run-off. I water about 2.5 litters per 5 gallon bucket. Its amazes me why people water every day (that promotes root-rot IMO). I never had to flush my media.

I guess each grow is different. I think next time I will cut the CocoGro with some 25% chunky perlite for more aeration which will lead to more frequent waterings.

C

Carl Carlson

I also water every 5-6 days with no run-off. I water about 2.5 litters per 5 gallon bucket. Its amazes me why people water every day (that promotes root-rot IMO).

It depends on the rate of transpiration among other things.

It amazes me when people say they are amazed that other people have plants that need to be watered everyday.

Tony Danza

I use the CocoGro loose coco bag. No problems what-so-ever. I have juiced my plants with a multitude of both organic and chemical nutes, additives, sweeteners, etc... My plants have never experienced a deficiency, lockout, or nute burn. I am actually quite impressed of how green and lush my plants are. I did not flush the coco and just transplanted Jiffy puck seedlings into a 5 gallon Hempy coco bucket (chunky perlite on bottom).

I also water every 5-6 days with no run-off. I water about 2.5 litters per 5 gallon bucket. Its amazes me why people water every day (that promotes root-rot IMO). I never had to flush my media.

I guess each grow is different. I think next time I will cut the CocoGro with some 25% chunky perlite for more aeration which will lead to more frequent waterings.

Every day, try 3 times a day.

Of course I grow a 4 ft bush in a 2 gallon pot.

C

Carl Carlson

I'd like to know what they do to it, because the pH of loose cogogro is remarkably stable. It's partially the combination of water quality and the % of ammoniacal nitrogen in the fertilizer, but I suspect the in-house preparation of the coco has something to do with it.

I tested the pH of four plants I have in bloom, that are 7 weeks old total. 5.8 5.8 5.8 and 5.7.

On the "loose" bag it says, "is fully composted and has not been chemically buffered..."

I didn't test the pH or EC before planting, but if anyone is curious the EC readings from the coco were 2.0 2.0 2.0 and 2.2.

If my bag started at 1100 ppms like the previous poster's did, than that would give an idea of how much it has risen in seven weeks. I typically water to 5-10% runoff at an EC of 1.2 (for probably 5 of the 7 weeks).

those bags are 50 liters//for like 20-30$ per bag..and if you order it the..the shipping alone costs more ta the bag..

but a botanciare bale expands to 70 liters..and onlys sots like 10$ per bale..and the shipping is cheaper..a huge bale..70 liters or 18 gallon...for 30$ SHIPPED...

vs a bag of 50 liter or 13 gallons..that costs around 50 dollars SHIPPED..or just 30$ at the store..

It does rinse quite easily...I used to buy the reptile bedding bricks and had to rinse those with LOTS of water.

I still ran a test batch without rinsing...went just fine compared to other plants with pre rinsed coco- i didnt see a difference.

im one of those 10% run off guys.

Greeco

This thread is old but I would like to second what "krunch" said. My plants got shocked from the get go. They don't have good quality control and Ive noticed mixed results from bag to bag. Unfortunately this time I got screwed and half my veg plants look like crap from the get go. I will never run this coco again! Gold label,canna,and royal gold only for me.

Latest posts

Latest posts