What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bootz garden of slothiness

oldbootz

Veteran
Swazi polokwane #2
picture.php

oldbootz

Veteran
A new female has shown sex:

Dubbed A8 (8th bag seed female to show sex)
picture.php

Swace 1 is kicking ass:
picture.php

Anise 2 is the fastest out of the anise & misty crosses:
picture.php

Misty 1 for example not much happening yet:
picture.php

oldbootz

Veteran
Swazi polokwane group have shown some purple stem individuals. These two are root bound but we have a female in a huge pot showing the same thing.

Polokwane male 1
picture.php

picture.php

Polokwane male 2
picture.php

picture.php

oldbootz

Veteran
There is a planned mating between those males above and this female from the same seed group:

picture.php

picture.php

She has amazing powdery mildew resistance!

Her two sisters not so much, but we will pollinate them anyway:
picture.php

picture.php

oldbootz

Veteran
The clone of the first female pictured above is doing well
picture.php

There are some luminescent leaf hopper bugs in this area:
picture.php

picture.php

The blue parts glisten in the sun

oldbootz

Veteran
Some updates:

Swace 1 has finished stretch and is now starting to put on weight:
picture.php

picture.php

A8 has been repotted and is starting to flower:
picture.php

A1 is also starting to put on weight but she is still stretching every day:
picture.php

picture.php

The A1 is a very lucky find. It is a particular phenotype of swazi that we used to find buds of every now and then in the street weed we buy. It smells right now of a fine musk perfume with cat piss undertones, very promising. It will be interesting to see how the smells evolve through flowering and eventually in the smoke.

thejact55

looking good bootz. lovin the thin leaves of the Polokwane. that swazi has heavy resin for so early too. keep em coming.

oldbootz

Veteran
Howdy and thanks :)

Yes that swace 1 (swazi x ace of spades) has put on some good resin coverage even with shitty cell phone pic you can see its covered. Its not usual for swazi to do that and this pheno is quite ace of spades dominant in morphology but there is definitely a swazi smell in the midst of the greasy indica smells coming through. I'd guess about 80% ace of spades pheno.

The A1 actually has some decent frost coming on too but the trichomes are quite thin so it doesn't pick up without a flash yet, got to wait for them to swell later in flower. I'm in love with this A1 smell. It reminds me a bit of the best nevilles haze I tried and a bit of some cat piss pheno's of old school swazi. I cant help but to go over and smell its perfume musk incence before I light up each time.

thejact55

I was wondering what swace was lol. I kinda thought it could be another notation of "swazi". Tonally they can sound similar with right accent haha.
So the A1 and A8, forgive me, which lineage are they? I see swazi polok's going, swace, an the A's, just cant remember what those are. That A1 does look good. Think those buds will fill in to a stick of sticky.

oldbootz

Veteran
I was wondering what swace was lol. I kinda thought it could be another notation of "swazi". Tonally they can sound similar with right accent haha.
So the A1 and A8, forgive me, which lineage are they? I see swazi polok's going, swace, an the A's, just cant remember what those are. That A1 does look good. Think those buds will fill in to a stick of sticky.

Yep it gets confusing when you enter the realm of a pollen chucker's labeling scheme haha.

So yea you got it nearly right with the gene groups being explored. We have swace (swazi x ace of spades), swazi polokwane (pure line from a weed smuggler in polokwane limpopo province south africa), and then we have a bunch of random seeds that I popped to see whats up with those seed groups. Its all bag seed collected from what ever good outdoor african sativa weed that I found. I called these the A group but they are a mix. The numbers represent which plants showed sex first. A1 was the first female to show sex and the most vigorous. A7 and A8 were the last females to show sex and look to be those long flowering types without any western influences. I'm guessing they will go 15 - 18 week but lets see :)

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Thank you for the show Oldbootz!
So rare to see the oldschool African Swazi online nowadays! Your Polokwane reminds me the other Red line from Afropips... Have you find special blue greens specimens? Also is there lance pheno less ramified and more resinous instead of the christmas tree vigorous common structure?
Wibes brow bonne suite!

oldbootz

Veteran
Hi Roms

Some good questions and observations, thanks!

Your Polokwane reminds me the other Red line from Afropips
Are you talking about the afropips swazi red? I think there will be some similarities between the limpopo / swaziland and the locals in limpopo call their weed swazi even though its grown in limpopo, it must have been derived from a swazi at some point. So far this line seems like it will be very long flowering, the count is on and we have 5 females flowering now.

Have you find special blue greens specimens?
We did see some blue-green colored leaf specimens in the "Durban" line that we got from The Valley of 1000 hills in KwaZulu Natal. I didn't show too many of this seed group because we found a lot of problems with them. Autoflower / Herm / Not flower at all / mutant leaves etc. But my partner still wants to look into these again before winter is over.

Also is there lance pheno less ramified and more resinous instead of the christmas tree vigorous common structure?

Yes there are a lot of "pole" or lance pheno without too much side branching in the swazi that I've tested. The ones that only want to grow out the terminal node, they usually will branch eventually as they are allowed to get big. I don't see any that haven't branched after 1.3-1.5 meters tall. As far as ones with more or less frost, I don't think its related to the branching. Its a separate trait and some lines have a lot of frost phenotype, some lines you have to search for them. I'm lucky to have some decent seed so I don't get too many with bad terpine profile or low frost.

One thing I find about the africans is that the resin coverage is only loosly tied to the power of the effect. Some types with low resin appearance can give extreme high, while ones covered in crystals can also give weak high. Its not always like this but it can happen.

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Yap Swazi rooibard hey interesting your bluegreen relationship with the Kwa Zulu natal! I found that the Afropips Jim's line has something old in the age and have similiraties with South Indians like the blue Kerala or some others blue Thai for exemple.. (Austronesian vibes?). Your problems with their hermz or mutants supports its "prehistoric" idea imho. Vibes to your partner, good luck to clean up things great work!

One thing I find about the africans is that the resin coverage is only loosly tied to the power of the effect. Some types with low resin appearance can give extreme high, while ones covered in crystals can also give weak high. Its not always like this but it can happen.

Absolutely bro, i also quickly turned to resin specimens at my starts with them, lance pole pheno focus with dark terpernes (cigar carrot earthy) with hearbeats high like "iam a deer/warrior that can jump 10m"! ^^ Heavy understone after... By cons christmastrees pheno had less resin with subtil florals/honey terpernes and clean high with no plafond, no racy, some peacefull opposite vibes compared to full resin ones. Funny mystical! :ying: :biggrin:

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Are you talking about the afropips swazi red? I think there will be some similarities between the limpopo / swaziland and the locals in limpopo call their weed swazi even though its grown in limpopo, it must have been derived from a swazi at some point. So far this line seems like it will be very long flowering, the count is on and we have 5 females flowering now.

Ya also it seems that in general terms the better weed in SA is called Swaz? ... In Cape town for example i know that it's the case with the ganja from Rasta people. I also think about the old relationship with the Malawi gold, also similarities... Parts of the ancestors Swaz/Mozambique coming from Madagascar and South Asia?

Looking forward the flowering with your Limpopo 5 ones Oldbootz!
Peace

oldbootz

Veteran
The dealers often call it swazi and if there is any question or the source is unknown the weed just gets called swazi. Swazi has become spread and grown country wide in SA now and the genetics have changed a lot from their origins in Swaziland. There is a Johannesburg swazi cut we have that smells a bit like garlic and onions. Completely different terp profile to the stuff we get in my area. But there are definitely the old types still around, and not even that hard to find.