What's new

Bonzo-Swan Song Seeds

G

smoke report on Bonzo

picked a few buds off the bottom, just little bitty ones, like the pic

4729000_0275.JPG

she's been in flower about 8-10 weeks, can't remeber and too stoned to go look.

Appearance: well, the pic says it all. Lot's of crystals, med light green color, and pretty hairs.

Smell: lemony

taste: pretty fresh, only 4 days dried, but pretty dry. Citrusy taste, a little green.

ok, now me and katzaye ain't big time stoners, a 1/4 bag a week does us fine. The only thing we've smoked recently is trim leaf, and the occasional sampler bud. * NOTE* the "occasional sampler" bud is getting to be a friday thing here, LOL.

Anyway, here's the offering on the menu....

4729000_0268.JPG

Some pretty potent weed to us. We think it ought to come with a warning label. This stuff creeps on ya for a while, just getting stronger and stronger. Makes your head feel heavy, and sci-fi friday is real interesting with this.

Smoke Taste: citrusy, will improve with cure I assume.

Overall Satisfaction: Extremely happy with my purchase. Only regret I didn't take the BonzoxG13 beans when I was offered em, this stuff is great, can only imagine what crossing with G13 will do for it.

Trichs are cloudy, think she still has a week or 2 left. May take her this weekend, as I'm not sure I wanna smoke this with amber trichs, may not be able to function. Buzz has been going strong for about 2 hours now.

Rellikbuzz

Good to see some of Zepp's wonderful strains finally making it to smoke report status! Great job on the grow, Stank, as the buds, although a bit small, do look mighty tasty! :yes: Maybe you can follow up with some comments after the bud has had a good cure. Would love to hear what you have to say then, my brotha!!

G

Yeah man, thanks for the report! Zep's strains sound awesome, and I will definitely be trying some in future grows. It's nice to see pics of these strains too! Peace & safety.
MG

G

This is how she looks at the moment, still debating chopping her. Like I said, we ain't heavy smokers, and the way she is right now just gets us so wasted. Some really nice nuggz on her, not huge monsters, but for the lights we had on this run, we're happy.

4729000_0276.JPG

4729000_0277.JPG

Think when the a/c was down they all pretty much went nutz making trichomes...humidity was real high in there......

zeppelindood

Captain Expando
Veteran
Moby Dick!!!

Moby Dick!!!

she's looking dark baby... still very lush. she may give you another week or two under the big lights, but either way, a super run Stanky.

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Some great looking buds there. They do look green and healthy though like she would be willing to give you another week or so ...

G

well, she won't get it under big lights, but she'll get a week or two more. katzaye insists we wait, she really likes this smoke. And y'all are right, no sign of N deprivation yet, but I don't think she'll get any more nutes. Another shot of superthrive and epsom salts with the next watering, and just let her finish.

ZEPP> I am so damn happy to have this in my garden, keep up the good work! :respect:

I'll update this after she finishes and I chop her.

G

Beautiful buds there Stankbud!!
I too would let 'em go another week or so, and then I would put 'em into total darkness for 2 or 3 days. :joint:

On the other hand :chin: , you both DESERVE to have good bud to smoke. So....partial harvest? Maybe a week's worth? :yummy: Am I weakening? :yoinks: Oops...sorry man...thinking out loud.
Good karma to you both! :smoweed:
MG

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would advise against superthrive during the end of flowering. In fact I wouldnt give superthrive after the second week of flowering

Last edited:
G

Babbabud> share what ya know brother....why no superthrive? I thot it was supposed help in flower making too....have had no probs of any kind with over/under nutes so far save a little leaf tip burn from too much N I think, and I don't want any now. This is only the second time I've used superthrive in a grow, so I don't know much about it cept that I like it.

Meant to mention, Bonzo by SwanSongSeeds is a spanish olivio clone female crossed to a Male Lifesaver by BOG.......

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It has growth enhancers. I would not use anything with growth enhancers in the end because you are tryin to let it get ripe. Ive watched a friend do the same thing . He was also using nitrozyme. His plants should have been ripe a couple weeks ago. They still have way too many clear trichs and they dont have a good flavor ... still taste young like new growth. This stuph makes new growth you are looking to let it get ripe not inspire new growth. People will disagree but ive seen this enough to KNOW. If you want ripe good tastin weed dont feed growth enhancers after about week two. and so I dont get flamed ... this is just MY opinion

bartender187

Bakin in da Sun
Veteran
yeah i must agree with you Babba, ive feed plants Nitrozyme near the end of flowerin, and noticed a more chlorophyl, leafy taste.

take care,
bartender187

Last edited:
G

Babbabud, everyone has their own way of growing, their own methods. I've seen your grows and I most def can respect your methods. You def got some monsters growing in your garden. I'm thinking 1 more shot of superthrive and 2-3 more weeks, should be ok. Trichs are cloudy, but not milky, and I just want to see them get a little fatter.....thanx for the info, now I gotta think about that.

Wanna thank all y'all for stopping by to look and give advice. These buds will be all they can be thanks to this community and the advice and support gained thru ICMag.

G

smells citrusy/lemony...tastes a little green, but that's due to no cure.....will def not be adding superthrive, y'all made good sense, thanx for sharing the wisdom.

G

Bonzo gets the axe

Bonzo gets the axe

checked the trichomes again today, a good portion say 30% are amber, can't imagine letting this get any more potent so down she came......Not the biggest nugz, she'd have done better under more lights. Tons of budsites...bushy after topping, an easy plant to grow.

4729bonzo_b4_chop.JPG

4729bonzo_nugz.JPG

4729bonzo_nugz2.JPG

4729bonzo_nugz3.JPG

4729bonzo_nugz4.JPG

4729hanging_bonzo.JPG

4729hanging_bonzo2.JPG

4729hanging_bonzo3.JPG

:woohoo: I'm happy anyway........hope the frost shows up good in these

Last edited: