What's new

BonsaiGrower's Garden

BonsaiGrower

Occasional User
Hey guys :wave:

MrG .. Thanks man. I try to keep the place lookin good.

Suga .. I've got my fingers crossed for these girls for sure. I'm thinkin I may pop Burmesse F2 This week. I'm going to get a warmer first though. Temps in the room are warm enough it's just the surface seems to stay cool.

Red...ha..drooling is allowed. It's all an illusion though. everything has been photo shopped and it's smoke and mirrors..lol True though I only have the 1 tent and 430w Cab. My veg area is almost 6 feet long in length, about 2 feet deep and almost 3 feet high. with about 2 feet or so of growth space.

Heady..here's the pics.

as promised folks I will air my dirty laundry here too so we all can learn. Here's some kind of def I need to resolve and you all can help. I'll be going to the infirmory now too.

Peace Folks
BG

Last edited:
G

Beautiful work bonsai!!!
It looks a bit like a potassium deficiency to me. Hope ya can get it worked out.
Doesnt appear to be affecting your buds tho.
Theyre frosting up nicely. :D

HeadyPete

Take Five...
Veteran
Dude no worries, mon!

That yellowing is the nitrogen def, which is what you want. That Cal def is old, correct? I think there was a ph problem or lack of cal/mag before, am I right? If not then cal/mag is required but the yellowing is all good. You'll notice that the little bud leaves will stay green (see pic 2) and I can see on the tips that you have a nice fert burn happening. I would say as long as everything holds steady (except the yellowing, which will increase - perfectly normal) that you are doing A-OK with the fert regime. Watch the ph at all times and you're laughing! Reducing the nitrogen will also help the maturity time to come down.

Looking awesome and no doubt will pack a wallop!

MynameStitch said:
Nitrogen (N) Mobile Element and Macro Element

Benefit: Nitrogen plays a very big role in your plants; this one element is directly responsible for production of chlorophyll, photosynthesis, Amino Acids, which are the building block of Proteins. The myriad of enzymes which help the plants growth in leaves stems and the how well the vigor of your plants is.

Nitrogen is the biggest mobile element meaning it can travel anywhere on the plant.
Usually the def will start on the lower to middle part of the plant, and then will usually happen to older leaves first. Then the deficiency will work its way up the plant. Your plant can be green on top, then yellowing on the lower leaves when the deficiency is starting out. Yield will be greatly reduced without good amounts of nitrogen in your plants. Sometimes in bad cases the leaves will turn a purplish color along with the yellowing.

Unlike a magnesium deficiency, nitrogen def will start from the tips and work its way back to the leaf node. Nitrogen and Magnesium get confused. The best way to tell them apart is, nitrogen deficiency starts around the tips and works its way to the back of the leaves, where a magnesium deficiency will cover the entire outer part of the leave and make the entire leaves yellow leaving the veins to stay green. If your plants are having a slow growth rate and have yellowing of the leaves, then most likely it’s a nitrogen deficiency.
Towards the end of flowering stages, the plant will show a nitrogen deficiency almost always. Reason to this is, because the plant is using all its stored nutrients in the leaves and dropping the leaves it doesn’t need anymore due to them being the oldest leaves.
So don’t freak out when your plant starts to yellow a bit in late stages of flowering .
Parts affected by a nitrogen deficiency are: Older foliage, going to whole plant, Petioles (rare) cases.

Now for having too much nitrogen in your growing mediums or soil. The plant will have like an overall DARK green look and have delayed maturity. Due to Nitrogen being involved in vegetative growth, to much nitrogen will result in tall plants with weak stems. New growth will be very lively and plant transpiration will be high, but not always. Nitrogen toxicity can be seen when there are very very dry conditions almost as if there was a drought, which may show a burning effect. If you give your plants ammonium based nutrients they may show NH4+ toxicity, which will show a smaller plant growth and lesions that occur on stems and roots, leaf margins that will roll downward. Also the big fan leaves will have “the claw” look. The tips will point down but the leaves will stay up as if when you bend your fingers downwards. Leaves can be twisted when growing… mainly new growths. Roots will be under developed along with the slowing of flowering. Yields will be decreased, because to much nitrogen in early stages of flowering slows down bud growth. Water uptake is slowing down from the vascular breakdown of the plants as well. Too much potassium and nitrogen will lock out calcium as well.

Here are 3 pics of what a nitrogen def looks like.... the first 2 are ones that where dropped from a late flowering plant.. the 3rd one was the start of one on my vegging plants.... and the last picture is one that is caused by TO MUCH Nitrogen.

(Picture 1 is a Nitrogen Deficiency in veg)( Thanks to m&m for letting me use the pic)
(Picture 2 is a Nitrogen Deficiency in late Flowering)(Thanks to BillyBob for the Picture)
(Picture 3 is Mine)

1134Nitrogen-m-m--s1.jpg

1134Nitrogen-Billybob2.jpg

1134Nitrogen-Toxcicity-3.jpg

BonsaiGrower

Occasional User
NT, Indo and Heady :wave: Hey my friends.

Thanks for stoppin in. Appreciate the good vibes.
As for my def. I figure it's Cal/Mag again. Looks like it for sure and it makes sense because the soil doesn't have much dolomite in it at all. The new bin in my 430W cab has nice cooked soil with ammendments but this is straight Pro/mix with hand watered Nutes. I'm such a stoner....thought I had added dolomite to this batch but I hadn't.

Lesson learned. At least my water/feeding PH has been normal this whole run so far, so it hasn't affected the buds like last run.

Any suggestions?

Peace..BG

TML16

Snow Grower ~OGA~
Veteran
Hey, you feelin better yet? :chin:
I guess I'll hafta break out my house call bag here.
Dr.TML is in...just give me two good coughs there :yoinks: sorry...hands are cold :YaRight:
Smoke 2 joints and call me in the morning :yes:

Hey man...those are some fat frosty nugs in your closet :woohoo: That should make you start feeling better :smile:

Cal/Mag def = Epsom salts + warmth :yes:

Lookin forward to your updates :lurk:

Last edited:

BonsaiGrower

Occasional User
Hey TML ...ha...ya I'm feelin better now man, thanks. It was a tough week though, sometimes the flu can knock the crap out of me. I see in your garden you are still green at harvest. Bet you enjoyed the nitrogen info Heady just posted here. Stay in touch....oh and thanks for the idea for epsom salts. I was just digging up that info and you beat me to it....thanks

BG

HeadyPete

Take Five...
Veteran
There's no calcium in epsom salts, just magnesium, and you have a calcium def, BG. There is no mag def at this point.

Epsom will not help. Get Cal/Mag. and use the lime next time. It has Cal and Mag.

BonsaiGrower

Occasional User
I know I know.....sheesh....sensitive? ....

I gave them a foliar feeding of Dolomite lime and watered with a light dose. See if it looks any different over the next week. My 430 Cab is showing similar signs and will get a feeding tonight on the one screen but the new screen that has my moonshine mix soil with Dolomite lime added is green from tip to tip.

Guess the message was the medium. ......ouch
Peace Bro
BG

HeadyPete

Take Five...
Veteran
Hey not sensitive. Hard to tell jokes through type. :D

The thing with lime is it needs to break down in the soil before it is of use to the plants (and it is slow acting) so I'd be surprised if it worked for you fast enough. Best be armed with some CalMag next week in case it doesn't get better. Also, you may need it through flowering as the lime in the soil may deplete before they are finished. One thing I've read alot is that peeps say their girls are hungry for calcium! Now you can say yours are too!

Take care and looking forward to the next updates.

Peace!

Sounds like your new soil mix is right on the money. I truly believe that is the 'root' of all success. Quality soil = quality plants!

HeadyPete

Take Five...
Veteran
K, heres an update for the 63 day LUI curing. We are at about 2 weeks cure, with a 3 day hang before that. I nipped a small nug from the nug jar to test :D

Still moist! Needs more dry/cure but it is smelling nice. Skunky sweet with lemon undertones, I still think this weed needs more cure.

I will do the smoke test and post some thoughts....

First the pix:

2 jars of LUI 63:

LUI 63 Budz in jar:

LUI 63 nugz in jar:

BonsaiGrower

Occasional User
Well Lookie here....thanks Buddy!!! Nice Pics. You like your new camera? I just walked back in from not long ago, out to pick up nutes. That's ok, I like Kraft Dinner. As for the Cal/Mag, they were fresh out go figure. Next week no worries. My moonshine mix is "cooking" along though for next round. I have 2 bins about 25 gallons each ready for next planting.

Today I fish out the Burmese F2 seeds from the bottom of the glass and place in a paper towel and plastic wrap. (then rest on my modem as per Sugabear ;-)

Peace...can't wait to hear your smoke report

TML16

Snow Grower ~OGA~
Veteran
Hey guys :wave:

8378smiley-drool2.gif
The jars looks delicious. LUI always sems to be impressive. Local shop carries Legends :chin: I remember them being a tad pricey though. Looks like it's damn worth it.

I use Biomax soil. Has D-lime in it :yes: I've always counted on that and the fact I use tap water to take care of my Cal needs.
Warmth seems to be a factor too. If a plant gets too cold it can start locking out nutes.
I'm cheap though :biglaugh: and I don't like spending money on potions and such.

:ying: Best of luck with the Burmese babies...May they all be beautiful ladies (unless you wants some good males for breedin) :smile:

HeadyPete

Take Five...
Veteran
Ha ha good one TML 16! That was something a friend's wife said after I got them stoned on a visit. She was a noob back then!

I like that BioMax too. I use the one with the seaweed and the shrimp to make compost tea for my lawn. I hang one bag of the biomax in a burlap feed bag (the woven kind) in a 55 gallon plastic olive drum filled with water out in the sun all day. After 2 weeks you got some good tea, there. The bag comes out, the spent compost gets dumped in the garden somewhere, then I suck out the tea and inject it into my inground sprinkler system and it ferts all the lawns at once. It loves that. The other thing is my water pump draws from the bay I live on and is better than tap water, IMO.

I do it with dry kelp in a bag too, and make a nice kelp tea. Great for everything! If only I could have a nice outdoor ganja plot....

K, the stone was good, but it came down pretty quick. This is totally cuz it's still moist and not fully cured and it was a popcorn bud from underneath somewhere, not a primo bud sample. Once she's bone dry and cured props I'm sure there will be a nice wallop there....I intend to look at the trichs on the budz under magnification, see what I can see.

The better cured 57 is smoking nicely, smelling like skunky vanilla sweet with lemon undertone, and the buzz is good and heady, certainly take out a noobs' legs from under him :yes: I think this will get stonier with age, as well.

BonsaiGrower

Occasional User
Hey Guys :wave:

TML. Thanks Man. I'm with you. I don't like to spend wads on Nutes either. Have always been a "KISS" kinda grower. I'm right at my capacity to tell ya the truth when it comes to feeding and def. I'm lovin learnin though cause even when I'm just doin ok here I'm already growing smokables. This ICMag place is really helpin out. My usual support friends that I'm willing to discuss such matters have all moved away for one reason or another to places around the world. Now I'm on Turbo Learn internet style.

I'll confirm Heady's Yard is totally set-up. He's quiet the little gardener, everything organic, right down to friendly "bugs at work". And the Trained Guard Cats. (Seriously)

The 430w Cab is really turnin on the gasoline now....lol. Opened it up to water the girls tonight and was wafted with stank.

Thanks for the update Heady. I agree. 57 smokes ok. I haven't smoked any 63 yet. Still curing. Smells delish though. thinkin I'll try some on the weekend.

Peace...that's it for my rant this evening. I'll Post up some new pics on the weekend.

BG

Big D

icmagic
Veteran
Gypsum = Cal! Add it to your soil( 2 tbls per gal)... sprinkle some around the top of your soil! Super cheap. I love your set up!

Peace, Big D! :sasmokin: