K+ vibes
Veteran
Wow, Guess not many people actually running quality setups

Sheeesh

Last edited:

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
My CFL buds look better than your vertical Leaf plant operation. My post was a teasing post, for people with a sense of humor, and skills. Not angry people with slopped together stuff.

Pfffft

Pwn'd

Former Guest

So am I sensing some miscommunication here? are you looking for pics of plants that have before/after pics of how you cut them so at the end they look bonsai like the soda bottles? I am curious to see how others are doing theirs so I can see lots of different ways.

d3cryption

Veteran
My CFL buds look better than your vertical Leaf plant operation. My post was a teasing post, for people with a sense of humor, and skills. Not angry people with slopped together stuff.

Pfffft

Pwn'd

Angry? Who's angry? I just asked where's yours... seems like u the one angry.....

U keep thinking ur cfl is better....

Slopped together or whatever it was at the time got the job done for me.....

Cfl lmfao funny.....

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
LadyLucky... It can be anything. I basically mean anything that is kept under 12". I've seen a bunch just hard to track down. I was trying to make a helpful thread for people like you.

Its always better to micro-manage, and keep things organized/labeled. Its easier to do with small plants. Sometimes plant numbers are a concern, but a bonsai mother could produce clones for a SOG so SCROG/big plants is no problem.

5" square pots, 12oz Party cups, Soda bottles, Milt carton, whatever you have/like/plan.
Dont mind Decryption

I don't have any pics but I have kept moters in 32 oz fountain drink cups from the gas station for over 3 years before. I kept them in a soiles mix and repotted and trimed roots after every time I took cuttings for flower.

other than that I just fed it cheap ass miracle grow 15-30-15 nutes every week and gave it a haircut ev3ery week. when I needed cuttings I wuld skip a week of pruning and let it stretch. then after the clones are cut repot and trim the roots

could have kept them for years to come I suppose, but I had to shut down shop because of things. the main stalk was about as big around as sharpie marker

Former Guest

that's why I'm here Dr Young. I need to know about pruning the mums and taking care of them. also reading the bonsai mom sticky by bonsai bob. people should take a gander at that as well. I got some vigorous cuts that I'm considering keeping as mums but I need to know what to do soon so post away!!

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Ohh, and the pictures of mine when they were cut/small... Were actually BEFORE the grown out picture. I just dont take pics often, and used what I had...

I basically take a clone, once it gets roots going well. I top the clone, and keep it tied down/trained... Keep topping. Once its large enough to get multiple clones off of it I take them even if I dont need clones (just to keep small, and let lower growth catch up to upper growth). After the roots are getting close to rootbound, and I can lift the whole rootmass out of container, it is already or almost time to trim the roots, and repot.

total plant height was about 8 inches not counting the container.

was able to take 30 cuttings every 8 weeks. could have gotten a lot more but that was all I needed

that's why I'm here Dr Young. I need to know about pruning the mums and taking care of them. also reading the bonsai mom sticky by bonsai bob. people should take a gander at that as well. I got some vigorous cuts that I'm considering keeping as mums but I need to know what to do soon so post away!!

treat them like shrubs. I got creative and trimmed mine into different shapes.

this is all dependant on genetics of course, but a clone (especialy one taken in early flower) will branch like crazy not to mention the constant topping

Former Guest

everyone acts like it's different to grow a mum versus a regular plant in regards to training and feed. i have this feeling I'm going to get a big mum that is difficult to keep over time.

when doing root pruning, what is some advice you can give a newb? i don't want to hack off too much. could i just as easily use a fabric pot to not worry about this?