What's new

BOLO: A Group of Trimmers Allegedly Rob, Murder Laytonville Grower, Make Off With Mor

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
https://lostcoastoutpost.com/2016/nov/13/bolo-group-trimmers-allegedly-rob-murder-laytonvil/

On 11-11-2016 at 3:39 PM, Mendocino County Sheriff’s Deputies were summoned to a reported man who had been murdered on a remote property located in the 49000 block of North Highway 101 in Laytonville, California.
The property was a rural parcel approximately 5 miles from Highway 101, on a dirt road that traveled in a westerly direction.
Deputies responded to the scene confirming there was a male adult who was obviously deceased as a result of what appeared to be a violent assault.
Mendocino County Sheriff’s Detectives were summoned to the scene, along with Investigators from the Mendocino County District Attorney’s Office and Criminalists from the California Department of Justice.
During the investigation it was determined the deceased male adult, Jeffrey Quinn Settler, was operating a commercial marijuana growing operation on the property.
In the early morning hours of 11-11-2016 (Thursday), multiple subjects who had been recently employed by Settler as marijuana trimmers returned to the property in the middle of the night with the intent to commit robbery of processed marijuana.
The investigation has revealed the subjects knew the marijuana was stored in the same structure where Settler slept and the subjects violently assaulted him during the robbery, causing his death.
The subjects were believed to have fled the property in at least two vehicles and were believed to have stolen over 100 pounds of processed marijuana. The subjects are believed to possibly be fleeing to Southern California or out of state.

B

blue_tick

hope they get what they have coming to them. trust and loyalty isn't what it used to be. hope other legal growers take note.

peace

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
sometimes Karma isn't quick enough...If they did it, I hope some serious bad luck gets them sooner...

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
What a low down dirty shitbag thing to do!,,,,
lets hope karma hits hard and fast!,,,,,s2

St. Phatty

That's a few miles north of the Subway & Post Office in downtown Laytonville.

Right on 101.

Might be a good argument for having a well hidden home or business or farm.

They can't rob it if they can't see it from the road.

In California, people are left to defend their grow-ops with crow-bars, nail-guns, and baseball bats ... because of the gun laws.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Terrible isn't it?

The grower gave them work, and probably paid them well, for them to return, then murder and rob him...

Makes you wonder about the obvious lack of moral fiber, and lack of gratitude some people have. No wonder so many people are hermits these days, and avoid having much to do with any one else.

St. Phatty

The economy in the US being as it is, I guess it might be obvious- the sagging economy has left a lot of desperate people in its wake, and some of them want to rob you. {And ... some of them have badges.}

It's interesting how the little "guidelines for secure living" change over time.

I always used to leave my car windows open a crack. Not any more ! It's way easier to break open a car window if it's open an inch.

My neighbor had a break-in - 75 yards away. Some tools and some pot. Like the burglar was sort of window-shopping.

I am beginning to look at the pile of copper wire etc. in the driveway as "burglar food" - low hanging fruit for a potential burglar. Like "hear bro, you want something - here's some copper wire, not much else though, hint hint".

In the US, burglars are not the only thieves the citizens are having to contend with. I saw an article about citizen losses to asset seizures by American police exceeding burglaries, in a recent year, like 2015.

It's a stressful subject, I had to look at a bud pic to chill out :woohoo:

zhfo6jce3u2omdg2pi0d.jpg

I think that plant was a volunteer, a tiny seedling that started under a 707 Truthband.

blastfrompast

Veteran
And this is why I spend my evenings trimming by myself.

A local grower recently had his legal grow ripped(he had a bad habbit of showing it off)....

Upside they got the dummy DVR that wasn't even hooked up to the cameras but made to look like it was..(bait)....they missed the server storing the video..

So now the cops are looking for them, my buddies investor is looking for them(buddy identified one of the rippers as a "aquaintance of a friend"), should be interesting to see who finds them first.

That't the way noble workers of the world!

Rise up against the rich landowners and seize the farm for the workers!

Distribute the wealth amongst the oppressed, the noble and heroic workers who have been oppressed by the wealthy landowner and forced to live in poverty.

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
Any info on what was being grown?

There's 100 lbs out there somewhere. They are prolly gonna sit on it for a while, but it will pop up.

P-NUT

Veteran
That't the way noble workers of the world!

Rise up against the rich landowners and seize the farm for the workers!

Distribute the wealth amongst the oppressed, the noble and heroic workers who have been oppressed by the wealthy landowner and forced to live in poverty.

I sure hope thats sarcasm or your batshit crazy and gonna get yourself hurt.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
Dude's instagram: @wah_boo

no weed pics, you sure? that looks like maybe one of the suspects IG…

OH F32K yeah that's the killers IG. go check the comments. he better hope the cops catch him before the growers do...

they don't look much like killers…well maybe the last one.

One of the vehicles is believed to be a blue 2017 Volkswagen Golf 4-door sedan displaying Virginia license plate number VHR5611.
Sheriff’s Detectives have obtained a murder/robbery felony arrest warrant for Zachary Wuester, who was identified as being one of the subjects involved in this case.

Sheriff’s Detectives have also identified Frederick Gaestel, Gary Blank III, Gary Lynn Fitzgerald and Amanda Weist as being participants in the robbery/murder.

Zachary Wuester (WITH SUNGLASSES) (24 year-old male from Haskell, New Jersey). Photos provided by MCSO.
0501ea36447ecd603422f1d02bea4dea.jpg

Amanda Wiest (26 year-old female from Fairfax, Virginia)
b5d96d887ba17cdb7bf872fa0b6e5dbb.jpg

Frederick Gaestel (27 years-old from Clifton, New Jersey)
4680a5b87c2aec5a94f4808ddb048f1a.jpg

Any persons with information about this incident, or the current whereabouts of the named suspects are encouraged to contact the Mendocino County Sheriff’s Office Investigative Services Unit at 707-463-4421 or the Sheriff’s Office Tip Line at 707-234-2100.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
the victim had recently become a father.

UPDATE – Sunday 11/13/16 – 3:40pm

According to an email from Captain Greg Van Patten of the Mendocino County Sheriff’s Office, “reports of an abduction have been dispelled at this point in the investigation.” He also said could not provide further information on the nature of the killing but that “a forensic autopsy will be conducted on Monday or Tuesday.”

The victim in this this homicide was Jeffrey Quinn Settler, 35, a resident of the Laytonville area, originally of Bethel Island, California. Sources close to Settler describe a him “good man,” a father, a Grateful Dead fan, “friendly and helpful,” and a “magic maker.” He had resided in the county for about 15 years, and a cannabis farmer. Facebook is awash in expressions of grief, condolences and respect in the wake of these events. Commenters are sharing memories of their friendship and stories of him and his family.

The photo below was provided by someone close to Settler and his family; he is shown here with Becky Harris.

deceased-jeff-300x207.jpg

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
Shit, that is horrible. Fuck.

They killed someone to rob him while driving a 2017 car...holy fucking evil spoiled people wow just wow...