What's new

Boleman is back with his brand new edition... 150watt CMH! 24"x24"x28"H under fishtnk

is it just 2 ordinary 120mm PC fans you are using for exhaust? with no carbon filter? and if your temps are about 79 in the cab, what is the ambient of the room its in? just wondering for thermal reference how it might compare to a high-pressure 100cfm thermaltake I've got sitting around.

Boleman

looking nice man, I'm puffin on some bluedream right now actually :D I think it has an extra kick to it...like a dank kindda funk I think it's the ssh cuz my slh kinda has that dankness to it too.

have you been fimming those or do you just tuck them? Man I fim like crazy now since hearing you rave about it a while back in I think, your second fridge grow(?)...I fim the crap out of my plants for my bigroom and..holy crap man, i got like 5 zips off a plant that went into 12/12 at 10x10" and 1' tall..it was one of 4 plants vegged under a 63w led....I'm obsessed with fimming now....thanks so much man. The way you explained fiming realllllly helped me increase my yields. :respect:

You are welcome, I am glad to know that I am helping someone on here. I haven't been fimming this girl as blue dream is a self fimming strain, and you can see it by how she is growing, new pics tonight!

Boleman

is it just 2 ordinary 120mm PC fans you are using for exhaust? with no carbon filter? and if your temps are about 79 in the cab, what is the ambient of the room its in? just wondering for thermal reference how it might compare to a high-pressure 100cfm thermaltake I've got sitting around.

yeah, but the 120 mm fans are 110 current, but made for pcs. You can pick em up on the internet, or at fries electronics. 80-84 ambient temperature in the room

Boleman

Here are the pics from one day later than the last images. These ladies are pissed at that light... they are going to GET IT!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The lighter is still in there, just much harder to see now.

so it runs within a degree of the temperature of the room its in? thats really good.

is that cab light proofed? just wondering about the glow from the front fan intakes.

Huggie bear

so it runs within a degree of the temperature of the room its in? thats really good.

is that cab light proofed? just wondering about the glow from the front fan intakes.

Thats the beauty of growing under a reef tank, odds are a lighted refugium would be under there anyways as a biological filter for the display tank.

I kicked this idea around for a bit when I was big in to coral farming last year.
Very nice man, is that a purple tipped frog spawn I see and have your clowns taken to it?
My clown used my Australian Duncan's as home when I had him.
Had to tear down my tanks due to money issues but I scored about 3 grand selling off my hand picked stuff.
Happy growing

Boleman

The filters that I have on the intakes block most of the light, and since it is under my reef fish tank, it looks just like nothing's going on at all.

Boleman

Thats the beauty of growing under a reef tank, odds are a lighted refugium would be under there anyways as a biological filter for the display tank.

I kicked this idea around for a bit when I was big in to coral farming last year.
Very nice man, is that a purple tipped frog spawn I see and have your clowns taken to it?
My clown used my Australian Duncan's as home when I had him.
Had to tear down my tanks due to money issues but I scored about 3 grand selling off my hand picked stuff.
Happy growing

Very nice

The clowns never leave it. I am about to sell my whole set-up, tank and all, so se la vi.

Boleman

the lighter is very hard to see, so I decided to give you a better estimate of the size of the plants. It is hard to tell how big they are in the photos, because they look very small. The majority of the flower sites are about 7-8 inches with some that are barely an inch or two in the front, this is because I cut the tops off late and did not have more room to tuck the plants. The exception though is the right middle flower site, this one is at 11" and it is not even done with stretch. They grow about an inch a day during this period. I taped a ruler to the top of the box, and put the tab at the end on the screen, these are actual sizes. I took photos from a few angles so that you can see how the heights vary. It is hard to tell how many flower sites there are, but I figure around 80.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Hope you like the show. Peace.

Huggie bear

Very nice

The clowns never leave it. I am about to sell my whole set-up, tank and all, so se la vi.

Thats a shame its so nice to medicate and get lost in my little slice of ocean.

I am getting back in to it once I finish my new cab build and things get settled down.
The price of coral has come down so much, can not wait to start over.

Boleman

Second and a half week of flower. on accident I bumped a few of the plants into the light while it was on, so some of the leaves are burned. Remember, if you click the image it magically becomes bigger! Other than that, they are looking good so far don't you think?
btw: this first pic is the same bud as the last pic from the previous post.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

You can see that the chrystals (trichromes) are arlready starting to develop very heavily. I still have quite a bit of flowering left until these ladies are done. I do seem to have a problem with air pumps failing on me consistantly. Does anyone know of a very reliable and fairly inexpensive air pump for me bubble bucket? Thanks for your responses in advance.

Boleman

3 weeks in, and still shinin. I am told that Blue Dream will produce very heavy by the end. So far it is looking like it is headed in that fatt ass budd kind of direction! I'm excited, and have put 2 more like it out the door for medical patients in my area. Peace!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Luv yer thinkin'

Luv yer thinkin'

Saw a system many years ago that inspired me where they were raising Tilapia indoors in 1200 gal. tanks. They would float lettuce and some other vegin' crops in floating lily rings. The fish nibbled on the roots for extra nutrition in their diet and the plants did real well buffering the hi-vol filtration. The plants were thriving off of the fish ferts and a complete ecosystem flourished. Their emphasis was growing fish for harvest within a year but why couldn't you do essentially what you've done w/ F/W and utilize the fish poo laden water to feed your plants?

BTW where your sump lid did the acrylic sag, next time try gluing a couple vertically oriented ribs to the lid, stiffens 'em right up. Most acrylic sucks on the horizontal unless you use the ribs or go thick.

Also give some thought to T-5's. Easy to wire the ballasts remotely and even if you didn't you could stick a generic computer water block (the type the overclockers' use) on your ballasts and drop a loop into your sump as supplemental heat for your fish.

Awesome gro bro

Latest posts

Latest posts